Hi! Shave #24:
proxy.php

Pre: Homemade olive oil soap.
Lather: Speick.
Brush: Fine Stout.
Razor: Merkur 38C.
Blade: Feather (#2).
Take care and have a nice day!

I've had some absolutely fantastic shaves over the last month and a half followed by some of the worst, completely due to a rubbish blade.[emoji23]

It's taken me a good three years, but I've finally found a blade which i despise more than the voskhods, in the form of the Dorco ST-300. What an absolutely terrible blade.

The rest of the shaves were absolutely fantastic, the first lot of shaves were with one of my new favourite blades, the Schick DE blades. What an amazing blade, made in Germany. Its a touch less sharp than a feather, but maintains that sharpness for an incredibly long time.

I also decided to go with Arko for Arko April, and with my arko stick being "on its last legs", I decided to give Derby a try. The performance is nearly identical to Arko, except the scent is slightly different, and the stick itself is a bit harder when compared to Arko.

With winter fast approaching, I also switched to my winter aftershave balms.

Shaves 1-10

Blade- Schick DE
Brush- yaqi marble handle synthetic
Soap- Master Soap Creations citrus melody
Razor- Gillette super speed flair tip
Aftershave- Ego Bahama mist

Shaves 11-20

Blade- Schick DE
Soap- Arko shave stick
Aftershave balm- prep

Shaves 1-5

Blade- Dorco st-300
Soap- Derby shave stick
Aftershave Balm- prep
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, May 7th, 2021

Razor: Kai Style AC shavette- Mfg 2018>, well built for a Zamac Shavette, I like the folding type because it can be configured to my liking. Easy razor to enjoy and learn with IMO with a guarded blade.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded (7), sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity usually around 8 shaves for me, very smooth blade compared to a naked edge and I still get close shaves.
Soap: Arko, scent is controversial with great lather qualities, still on my 1st stick 4 years later, has amazing longevity:lol:.
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm- Excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips, excellent back bone for scrubbing+ good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3. 1X WTG + 2X ATG.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my Kai style shavette with a Kai Protouch.
SE SOTD, Fri, May7th, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

SOTD, Friday May 7th, 2021

Captain's Choice travels continues.
Day Two of the Captain's Three day voyage: Bay Rum
Brush: Parker Synth Brush
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Captain's Choice Bay Rum Soap
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4
Blade: Gillette Permasharp Stainless (1)
Balm: Captain's Choice Bay Rum

IMG_6021.jpg

EA45AB86-995F-41DB-9E3F-AAFE04F2994E.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: Feather Weight (retired), Gem Junior by @romsitsa
Brush: Vulcan Two Band by @Snargle
Blade: Personna coated 1st use
Soap: Colonel Conk Amber
Result: DFS+ 3 weepers

I could have stopped after the first WTG pass, Adam definitely tweaked this razor into the high efficiency area. I did another 2 passes and my inexperience with GEM razors showed = weepers.
The Feather Weight was one of my first buys and didn’t hold the top closed. I tried to improve it with the help of the board but failed, so this one will be retired permanently. The brush is super soft and is the perfect size to get to the bottom of the OS mug so I’m very happy with it.

All in all I have to put a bit more effort into shaving with Gem‘s and Injectors to improve my technique but it’s great fun too.

20210506_074231.jpg

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC4 Gold Single Edge Razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Thursday shave

2D06AEB3-78E1-4124-BB42-62C97D101626.jpeg

Prep: Curology Cleanser
Cream: ToBS Royal Forest
Brush: Sanax badger-cased boar
Razor: RazoRock German 37 on RR bulldog handle, #1
Blade: Astra SP, #1

First shave with the G37 and it went very well. Two passes and a DFS, no touch ups required. Plenty comfortable and only the slightest hint of feedback from the alum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom