What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
60.JPG

SE Sun 2nd SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Yaqi AC on RR BarberPole Handle (with an o-ring washer)
Blade Shick Proline P-30 (US) 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Chronos
Awesome lather from the soap. Pleasant scent plus a thickly creamy and slick lather...
Tried using the AC razor with the RazoRock Stainless Handle and tightened further with an o-ring washer and paired with the blade was so much better. Very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Excellent aftershaves capped off an enjoyable session.
20210502_101927.jpg

For a while I have been posting "Every Sunday is A Vector Sunday", but then I realized it didn't make much sense, as for me every day is a Vector day... so, I'm now going with Every Sunday is a Triple Milled Sunday instead.

Join me if you like that traditional "like grandpa used to shave" feeling on your Sundays! 😊

(I realize grandpa couldn't possibly have a synthetic brush, so you don't have to bring that up!)

View attachment 1256826
Grandpa shaved with a now pitted Gillette open comb which lawnmower I only use to remove body hair

Occams Oren with a 3 dot plate and a Kai protouch

Going to need to use more serious blades so far it gives a dfs and that is it. With the 3dot plate it does give some woes atg in the neck. Blade could be getting dull.

Soap was wickham 1912 club cola which smells like you guessed it nice soap.

A Yaqi cola for the punn which did its job gentle. Not much backbone but it does not want to splay yet either.

The Yaqi copy of a pereira bowl was the complementary vessel

And finishing of with some proraso green asb

Hmmm now should I walk back to the bathroom to slather some veg…… still smell garlicky since yesterday’s garlic steak asparagus pommes gratin.. which overpowers which?

Attachments

• E37956A8-C0B3-4628-9470-5237FB206199.jpeg
    E37956A8-C0B3-4628-9470-5237FB206199.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 39C3A440-0D75-4BF5-842B-D4DBCDEA903A.jpeg
    39C3A440-0D75-4BF5-842B-D4DBCDEA903A.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 2
  • F0113B9B-360C-4617-B099-45CAB4C10B58.jpeg
    F0113B9B-360C-4617-B099-45CAB4C10B58.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 1

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, May2nd 2021

Razor: Schick injector E2, Canadian Variant- MFG 1930's+40's excellent mid range, light weight + easy to maneuver the face.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (1) Excellent blade, Very sharp, smooths out nicely, great longevity & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender - nice scent with excellent lather qualities. Reasonable post shave.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft, great brush to generate lather , soft tips with great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick injector E2 type Canadian variant with a Personna coated injector blade.
Sunday Schick shave, May2nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20201107_080418.jpg

Razor: Schick G1 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday
20210502_120200~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector OC
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (4)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Zingari Man The Wanderer
Aftershave: Reuzel
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray

Outstanding kit! :thumbup:

Outstanding shave! :cool:

Top Bottom