What's new

Back in August I Kicked a Twig down the road...

In noting that most of the reviews on the Leaf site are coming from women, I am wondering if the Twig razor is intended for leg shaving. Wouldn't the steeper head angle be better in reaching for the base of the legs than a more conventional safety razor?

In noting that most of the reviews on the Leaf site are coming from women, I am wondering if the Twig razor is intended for leg shaving. Wouldn't the steeper head angle be better in reaching for the base of the legs than a more conventional safety razor?

If you read through this thread, you'll see mostly male opinions.
As for the head angle, if you compare them side-by-side (see post #21), you'll see a remarkable resemblance between the Twig and an injector razor. So anywhere you'd shave with an injector, the Twig would also work.

If you read through this thread, you'll see mostly male opinions.
As for the head angle, if you compare them side-by-side (see post #21), you'll see a remarkable resemblance between the Twig and an injector razor. So anywhere you'd shave with an injector, the Twig would also work.

I see your point in the side-by-side image comparison, and in revisiting the Leaf site, I note that a lot of reviews appear to be from men as well. I had only looked at the most recent two pages before the razors had come back in stock, and most of the reviews there appeared to be from women. I may be curious to try this, for a change.

I see your point in the side-by-side image comparison, and in revisiting the Leaf site, I note that a lot of reviews appear to be from men as well. I had only looked at the most recent two pages before the razors had come back in stock, and most of the reviews there appeared to be from women. I may be curious to try this, for a change.

Yeah, it's a pretty nice razor. I was favorably impressed.

Alright, I've taken the Kool-Aid. Ordered mine in the overtly-masculine rose gold, with matching stand. If it doesn't work out in the end for me, I'll try to hand it down to my wife.

proxy.php

Still loving this little Twig bastard!! I feel bad that all of my other go-to’s are sitting. The Leaf - provided blades are not too shabby either!

I wish I could throw an injector blade into the Twig.

Far from a “leg shaver”. Handles my coarse scruff no problem. 9 out of 10 shaves are BBS. Today I felt brave and applied a little pressure with no issue.

It’s a keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Leaf and am geting great results with it on my head, but I don't really care for it on my face. Has anyone used the Twig as a head shaver? If so what is your opinion of it?

eric

I have the Leaf and am geting great results with it on my head, but I don't really care for it on my face. Has anyone used the Twig as a head shaver? If so what is your opinion of it?

eric

I use the Twig on my head with good results. I like the small head and the more injector like angle for around my ears. I actually prefer the Leaf for head shaving and usually use the Twig more for beard and neck trimming. I’ve head shaved with the Twig enough to know it’s a good alternative though. I genuinely like the Twig more then any of my traditional DEs for head shaving.

My rose gold Twig arrived and I shaved with it tonight. Feeling was much milder than the open-comb DEs I've used as well as the Razorock Eco, which also takes a half blade. If I'm not mistaken, the Twig is of the flat head variety, making for a less aggressive head that one can use with a little pressure to make up for things. Two passes plus touch-ups and I had very close shave, almost as close as my best shaves using straights, which is pretty much what I have used before switching to DEs 3-4 months ago to give them a try. No irritation afterwards.

The change in angle mostly went well for me. I noticed it was easier to shave beneath my nostrils, and most definitely just beneath my jawline where it approaches the chin, which remains a problem for me with DEs. Only place that gave me a hard time was the right side of my neck, which yielded some weepers for some unexplained reason. The twig blade as supplied also seems to be doing the job at cutting the whiskers while not seeming harsh. Blade loading was difficult for the first try, but hopefully, I will get used to it. Ergonomics of the handle were fine, but I wonder if it is really necessary to have a handle that broadens towards the bottom. Might be better to leave it narrow and parallel from the top, so as not to dwarf the head, which is what it is currently doing.

Edit: A half hour later and my cheeks and jowls feel very puffy and smooth, not at all prickly. I'm inclined to pronounce this a BBS shave. Apart from the tapering handle design, another thing that concerns me is that the base of the head is secured with two tiny TORX-type screws. Inevitably, they will loosen, leading me to wonder if I have the tiny, jeweler's TORX-head screwdriver that will be needed to tighten things up when the time comes.

Last edited:
Great shave for me, the Twig. Neck included. Impressed altogether. However I had concerns about the blade reveal. Mine was crooked when I tightened it. Just enough for me to notice. The revolving top cap was misaligned with the base. Contacted Adam at Leaf. Informative, quick response. He said it wouldn’t affect the shave but a little touch on the side of the top cap as it closes should fix it. It did. I also found if I opened it as far as it would go, it closed evenly when I closed it. If anyone has that problem, that’s two solutions.

I caved and just ordered a Twig in Mercury which matches the finish on my Leaf razor. I need another razor like the proverbial hole in the head.

eric

I have a Mercury Twig coming in on Monday - along with the Rose Gold Leaf "for my wife" (wink, like I won't be borrowing it).

And like you I totally don't need another razor and yet here it comes!

I am still waiting for the Twig I ordered on Feb. 17. It has not arrived to Arizona. How long have you all had to wait using the free shipping option for your Twig to arrive?

I am starting to lose patience.

eric

I am still waiting for the Twig I ordered on Feb. 17. It has not arrived to Arizona. How long have you all had to wait using the free shipping option for your Twig to arrive? I am starting to lose patience.

They should have notified you when it shipped, probably a couple of days after you ordered, and emailed you a tracking number.
Once they entrust it to the tender mercies of the USPS, it's beyond their control. When did it ship?

I had one package (NOT from Leaf) that took 2 weeks to make it from Michigan to me in western NY. Almost a week of that was time it spent in a USPS sorting facility maybe 5 miles from my house.

I am still waiting for the Twig I ordered on Feb. 17. It has not arrived to Arizona. How long have you all had to wait using the free shipping option for your Twig to arrive?

I am starting to lose patience.

eric

I ordered a Leaf grip as a gift for my niece on 2/18. According to the USPS tracking number it departed Springfield MA USPS distribution center on 2/22 but no further updates. Just a message saying it’s arriving late. My niece is in Portland OR and she hasn’t received it yet. I’d lay blame on the USPS.

I ordered another Leaf grip for a nephew the same day. It arrived in Cedar Rapids IA on 2/22.

Last edited:
Mine "shipped" on Feb. 18 and USPS the tracking status is:
"Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
PAWCATUCK,CT 06379". The status hasn't changed since noon on Feb. 18.

I am starting to think it is lost since I haven't had any first class package stay in this status as long.

Eric

Mine "shipped" on Feb. 18 and USPS the tracking status is:
"Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
PAWCATUCK,CT 06379". The status hasn't changed since noon on Feb. 18.

I am starting to think it is lost since I haven't had any first class package stay in this status as long.

Eric

I’d ping Leaf customer service. I’ve never actually had to contact them but from what I’ve heard they’re very responsive. I was going to wait another week then assume my niece’s was lost by the USPS and contact Leaf.

I still have not received my Twig, 14 days after the order. And it hasn't moved from the Acceptance Pending status at the Postal Service. I emailed Leaf customer service and they said they would send me another one. I am pleased with their customer service, but it still has been a little bit of a hassle.

eric

I still have not received my Twig, 14 days after the order. And it hasn't moved from the Acceptance Pending status at the Postal Service. I emailed Leaf customer service and they said they would send me another one. I am pleased with their customer service, but it still has been a little bit of a hassle.

Heh.
Monday morning I ordered a razor on Ebay with priority mail from MI.
Monday afternoon I received an email with a tracking number.
Monday evening I received an email from USPS tracking saying delivery would be delayed.
USPS is malignant.

Top Bottom