What's new

Geofatboy - See how quickly he shaves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, I don’t think he shaves all that quickly. I shave at about the same speed but I do 2 passes and spend a lot less time whipping up my lather. From start to finish it takes me about 5 minutes. And I don’t hurry.

Reactions: KJI
GeoFatBoy taught me everything I needed to know to attempt my first DE shave after 30+ years of electric shaving only. Respect for the blade was and is always foremost in my mind.

His technique is consistent which is key. He is equally as skilled at SE shaving. He was a plumber before he started being a YTer.
I can honestly say I have only nicked myself a couple of times and a handful of weepers in my 1.5 ish years of DE.

Make sure to clear the runways.
WFIF, I've never seen Geo use any SE razor. He does (relatively) frequently demonstrates SR shaving, both with folding and non-folding shavettes and classical naked-blade SRs.

BTW, he was an electrician, not a plumber.

I think this is it. It probably won’t live up to the hype at this point. I just find the guy hilarious. I’m part Italian and my OL is Italian and I find Italians hilarious.
Thanks man. he Is funny! those ATG passes were nuts!!

WFIF, I've never seen Geo use any SE razor. He does (relatively) frequently demonstrates SR shaving, both with folding and non-folding shavettes and classical naked-blade SRs.

BTW, he was an electrician, not a plumber.
I don't know what WFIF means.

Plumber, electrician..makes little difference what he did still quite a change of vocation to a YouTuber who sells shaving supplies. Its been over a year since I have seen his videos seems like a nice guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
GeoFatBoy taught me everything I needed to know to attempt my first DE shave after 30+ years of electric shaving only. Respect for the blade was and is always foremost in my mind.

His technique is consistent which is key. He is equally as skilled at SE shaving. He was a plumber before he started being a YTer.
I can honestly say I have only nicked myself a couple of times and a handful of weepers in my 1.5 ish years of DE.

Make sure to clear the runways.
I think GeoFatBoy was an electrician in an earlier life. Whatever.

• Haha

Eben Stone

Staff member
His indestructabowls are expensive, but I really liked the videos he made trying to break them. They seemed legit. Especially when he tossed it in the air and hit it with a baseball bat. A few times. Gave me a lot of respect for the guy because he seemed genuinely proud of the product. His shaving videos are great. I just watched one and also was amazed at how fast he shaved. Apparently I shave in slow motion.

His indestructabowls are expensive, but I really liked the videos he made trying to break them. They seemed legit. Especially when he tossed it in the air and hit it with a baseball bat. A few times. Gave me a lot of respect for the guy because he seemed genuinely proud of the product. His shaving videos are great. I just watched one and also was amazed at how fast he shaved. Apparently I shave in slow motion.
You and me both man!😂

In the before time (when I was going into the office), I have on occasion got up, showered, single pass shave, dressed and out the door in 15 minutes.

A typical two pass shave with either a straight or de would be between 5 and 7 minutes from loading the brush to drying it off. I honestly cannot fathom taking half an hour or more for a shave, but to each their own.

He always shaves with a steep blade angle.
Yes. He is overly steep for my tastes, especially with a straight or shavette.
He has inspired a lot of people, but I worry that newbies will hurt themselves trying to imitate his speed and his steep angles. It works for him, but it won't work for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom