What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
View attachment 1189628:
Pedro (who's face is porcelain...a rare find indeed...been looking for many years), is now at home w/ me! :thumbsup:

I added some chopped Cuban leaf on his table, (loved the detail...from his rolling board [with silver tint rollers blade (or 'chaveta') and rolled cigar] tobacco molds, rolled cigar), a Cuban cigar band attached to the front of his table and 'whited' the ash on his cigar with liquid correction fluid for added effect.
proxy.php

View attachment 1189623View attachment 1189624View attachment 1189625View attachment 1189626View attachment 1189627

BTW, the Seller sent me this note today, "This figurine came from an estate in Gates Mills, Ohio that belonged to a gentleman who owned a sugar plantation in Cuba. His son is now the Chief CNN correspondent for the country...just a
little background". View attachment 1189648
Cigarinistas:
Now, the 'pièce de résistance' of figurines (and add great value to me), would be to get a hold of a Cuban cigar
factory Lector (reader), to keep Pedro company. :thumbsup:

Cuban Cigar Lector.jpg
"[The Lector...] is a [legendl] to ignite the imagination". Alan Bennett

Last edited:
Let us know when you get the Chacom in and please post your thoughts of the reverse calabash system. I’ve got the black sandblasted in a few carts. Waiting to hear more thoughts about it. Cool little pipe regardless.
I’ve been “slow to the draw” on trying out these reverse calabash pipes for some odd reason. I’ll get to the business end of it soon. Can’t really explain my reluctance to dive right in yet. I do have some thoughts about that though.

I just received the pipes. I can describe some of physical characteristics on at least the Chacom reverse calabash pipe that you find of interest. I do find this Chacom reverse calabash pipe rather endearing both visually and quality-wise in consideration of my own personal tastes and preferences. It’s profile/shape kinda reminds me of Popeye the Sailor man with his arms bulging and muscular as all get out.

This pipe also has a great hand and almost feels like it belongs there. It is light and well balanced too. Did I say this pipe was comfortable in the hand? I suppose that depends on the size of your grubby little mitts! It should make for a comfortable addition to my anatomy as a whole.

There is an unspoken quality and elegance of appearance with this pipe I cannot fully explain. The pipe is just plain visually appealing to me and fits comfortably right in my greasy little mitt. It looks well proportioned and is relatively an attractively pleasing pipe as far as my tastes are concerned. It is almost like Chacom knew what they were doing when they manufactured this pipe. I find this pipe rather endearing.

The finish on my pipe looks like a fresh pine cone that has fallen to the ground. I also find the chamber depth substantial for this size pipe in my experience. My index finger gets swallowed up to my knuckle inside the chamber. This is a more than an adequate chamber size for me and it’s plumbing is surprising to me too considering this is a compact pipe. This Chacom has the largest chamber depth of this style nose warmer/compact I own. I am not really sure of the exact chamber depth measurement yet as I have not gone the distance to measure that; but, I think TP’s measurement are at least off in left field to some extent.

I also am not really sure if Chacom pipe’s dimensions vary from pipe to pipe in this style/series or across their board for the matter. It does appear some manufacturers pipe dimensions do somewhat at times.

Chris Morgan’s Chubby/Stubby compact pipes have about a 1.2 in. chamber depth. My Chacom reverse calabash pipe has an even more substantial bowl depth given its relative size. More generous than say the Chris Morgan compacts.

The “smoke room/reverse calabash” chamber is cavernous considering the relative size of this pipe. It should make for a very cool, dry and comfortable smoking experience. With its angled shank any water moisture to collect in “the room” should stay isolated. The draft holes/blow holes are elevated somewhat too. Barring any “senior moments” any/all moisture accumulated in the chamber should be captured and not present issues. Most instances of moisture control only amount to droplets anyway, if any is present at all in the calabash. Time will be a tattle tale for sure.

Part of the reason why I am dragging my feet here giving this pipe a go is I am waiting for some Mac Baren roll cake blends to arrive. I do not think I have any what some would consider a “hot” tobacco. I tend to not waste my resources to even sample types of this tobacco if I catch wind of it. This new reverse calabash pipe may change my personal leanings on this avoidance somewhat. I know...if I would only slow down. I could not resist buying these MB roll cakes for this “hot” little reason.

So, all in all, so far, I do not have any buyer’s remorse after acquiring my new pipes and in particular the Chacom reverse calabash pipe. I figure this pipe is a wonderful new addition to my arsenal allowing me to have at hand any blend I choose and to be able to get after it with reckless abandon, if I so choose.

The inherent quality of this particular pipe is in my estimation without reproach once you get it in your possession. It has an unspeakable charm and elegance to it and Chacom has went out of their charted territory manufacturing a pipe with this most affordable reverse calabash system.

Generally speaking, in the recent past a person could not even approach a reverse calabash pipe any where near the $100 price point. Chacom literally broke down this barrier with this reverse calabash pipe. Combine that with the nice discount from TP over the holiday and I consider this Chacom reverse calabash pipe a mega-steal in the compact pipe arena. Tack on the obvious quality and aesthetic appeal of this RC pipe and it becomes a real banger.

Again, time is a brutal critic. Hopefully, I’ll get to stoking this masterpiece like a roaring steam engine shortly. See you on the flip side!

So, in closing, as Chuck Barris the host of “The Gong Show” would say “I’ll be back with more stuff.”

Waiting on two Watch City blends. 1 pound of Old Black Magic and 1 pound of Double Barrel 2020 Christmas blend. My last tobacco purchase of the year, and likely for a good long while. I shouldn't run short of tobacco for 10 - 15 years.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Waiting on two Watch City blends. 1 pound of Old Black Magic and 1 pound of Double Barrel 2020 Christmas blend. My last tobacco purchase of the year, and likely for a good long while. I shouldn't run short of tobacco for 10 - 15 years.

Two pounds is a mere 32 ounces. Thirty-two ounces doesn’t go as far as it used to.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
You'll love it. It'll be new, yet somehow familiar.
I’m looking forward to it. I don’t believe I ever smoked it “back in the day” but from the reviews on tobacco reviews.com it appears Sutliff actually improved on the original. Unfortunately, I forgot to include a couple of ounces of Country Doctor in my order - next time.

Really like the one on left. It could have come from MM that way, they could have charged $15 more, and they would get it, too. Very good looking cob.
Thank you. Its a mark twain with a light horn swirl stem from Vermont freehand. Haven’t read huckleberry finn since high school. Might have to do so while I smoke it and break it in.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Thank you. Its a mark twain with a light horn swirl stem from Vermont freehand. Haven’t read huckleberry finn since high school. Might have to do so while I smoke it and break it in.
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court is one of Twain's best in my opinion.

Top Bottom