What's new

How do you do it? Shave everyday...

Hey people. I can't get my head around the fact that there's so many of you that shave everyday,
When I used to shave my facial hair it was like two three times a week from what I remember,
I just shave my head now hate facial shaving, anyways I cant understand how you guys can shave every single day, day in say out without fail..

I mean don't you get irritation?

Don't you ever get that cba moment and just feel lazy and think forget it, don't want to do it today?

So shaving everyday i mean isn't it time consuming? Or is it a quick shave due to there being minimal growth?

Also do you go against the grain during your daily shaves?

Help me understand lol 😂😁

Last edited by a moderator:
I shave daily. Mostly because my job requires it and partially because I don’t like the feeling of a scratchy face especially with face masks now. With proper technique and quality products I get a 3 pass BBS or at minimum a DFS 7 days week. Being honest I do shave this way because I enjoy the products and the process as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey people. I can't get my head around the fact that there's so many of you that shave everyday,
When I used to shave my facial hair it was like two three times a week from what I remember,
I just shave my head now hate facial shaving, anyways I cant understand how you guys can shave every single day, day in say out without fail..

I mean don't you get irritation?

Don't you ever get that cba moment and just feel lazy and think f*** it, don't want to do it today?

So shaving everyday i mean isn't it time consuming? Or is it a quick shave due to there being minimal growth?

Also do you go against the grain during your daily shaves?

welcome to b&b, Sir saj1985!!!
seems like i shave every two or three days in my current life!!
here are this year's shaves!
prior life, shaving was a daily routine!

2020 shave comp.jpg

I shave every other day because my beard just doesn't grow that fast. Twenty-four hours after a shave there is just not that much there to work with. Otherwise I would shave every day because I enjoy it. For the most part I avoid shaving against the grain.

Love, love, love my daily shave. It's "my" time. I keep the pressure light; I create a slick, protective, lather and I use either a well-honed straight razor, or a DE razor with a fresh, sharp blade.
This.
I skip a day RARELY, but it does happen. I like to mow down some heavy growth once in a while. But every day 99% of the time. Sometimes twice a day. However, earlier in my journey the irritation qould not allow it. Attention to details.

My job no longer requires it, but I still shave every day. I do two pass shaves for the most part because the irritation shows up on the third pass because I just won’t quit until it’s a glass like finish. By quitting after two passes, I’ve learned to live with DFS.

I mean don't you get irritation? No irritation, been shaving everyday past 24 years except in no shave movember

Don't you ever get that cba moment and just feel lazy and think f*** it, don't want to do it today? that has happened a few times but not usually very rarely

So shaving everyday i mean isn't it time consuming? Or is it a quick shave due to there being minimal growth? growth with my razor if I were to shave 3 times a week would not change just lather up after my shower and shave, sometimes I shaved 2 times a day, before work then again before a date.

Also do you go against the grain during your daily shaves? against the grain only if I have a date

I used to only shave two or three times a week. I hated shaving because my Gillette Sensor used to clog up during shaving, and I had to have an extra toothbrush to clean it out during shaves.

Discovered safety razors and felt more motivated to shave since there was never a clogging issue. Good technique equals daily shaving without issue.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I was in the same boat, a dedicated beard guy mostly, couldn’t comprehend how other guys shaved daily. About 10 months ago I shaved off my beard and purchased a DE razor and blades. It was a revelation. Close comfortable shaves, irritation free. I SR shave daily now, I get no irritation, zero, zip, nada, so I enjoy the process. I don’t shave ATG, and I’m methodical in how I shave. Close and comfortable is what I’m striving for. About 20 minutes of quality time in the morning. Sometimes I think it’s weird how much I enjoy shaving....but I do. Who knew?

The biggest reason I love this hobby is how it has transformed a chore into something I enjoy immensely. I wish I could shave three times a day!

If you're getting irritation then consider the following...

1-Drop the ATG pass entirely and just roll with WTG and XTG. Two passes tops.

2- watch your technique. As acute an angle as will cut and next to no pressure.

3- If you're a DE shaver, find a blade that works well for your face. Feathers are fun but unless your technique is on point they can be unforgiving in some razors. Astra SPs and 7 o'clock green are my go to daily shaving blades when using DEs. And/or a more mild razor.

4- The right post shave is important. If you're using alum drop the alum for a good soothing aftershave. Speick is my go to when I have rough shaves.

5-Dont chase BBS with buffing and excessive touch up. A big red patch of irritation and bumps is 100 times more noticeable than a spot where the hair is fractions of a mm longer than somewhere else.

6- Have you tried cold water shaving?

If I shave everyday I’ll inevitably get skin irritation, especially if I go against the grain. I used to shave every other day and that worked fine but now that I have to wear a mask everywhere, I go about three days or so. Nobody notices and spacing it out just makes it all the more enjoyable when it’s time.

My job no longer requires it, but I still shave every day. I do two pass shaves for the most part because the irritation shows up on the third pass because I just won’t quit until it’s a glass like finish. By quitting after two passes, I’ve learned to live with DFS.
@TexOkie Shaver you were the one that inspired this thread because i remember when i first joined this forum you were chatting to me about how many shaves you get out of feather blades and then you mentioned you shave everyday, that was the first time i came across someone who actually shaves everyday, so yea kinda stuck with me

btw how many shaves you on with the current feather blade mate?

When I was young, I was taught that how a gentleman groomed and dressed was not just a personal choice, but was a sign of respect to others. When I was a teenager, I worked in a hardware store and was expected to wear a tie and shave daily, as were my friends who worked at the local grocery store. It was the same when I graduated from college and went to work as an engineer in industry.

I now teach engineering at a small college. No one requires me to shave daily or wear a tie, but I still do. The daily effort required is a sign that I take my work and my students seriously. That means I take the time to do it right each day and I have learned to enjoy the process.

Top Bottom