What's new

How do you do it? Shave everyday...

Ohhh yea I forgot to ask do you lot who shave daily use pre shave oil?

If so, do you reckon it helps?
No, I used too, but it wasn’t helping and I don’t think The Fat liked it. I’ve switch to Proraso White Preshave, which is more like shave cream. I’m not sure it helps either. When it’s gone I may just do without. I have on occasion wiped the lather off the outside of my MWF crock and used that as a preshave, but again, I’m not sure it helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: saj
Morning routine during my ‘working life’ shower and shave. Have kept that up in retirement. Do not like looking grizzled gray stubbled. Respect for others? Self respect? Not sure. But enjoy the process, the needed focus and attention to a task to start the day. Of course YMMV. And no do not use any press have oil, never tried it, things work fine for me without it>
Key words "Morning Routine". I am going to turn 60 next year. It has been my morning routine for 40 years to get up and shower and then shave. It just feels wrong not to do it. I feel discombobulated if I don't follow my routine.

Nothing for pre/post here. I typically shave after showering. I create too much lather so I lather up after I finish shaving and leave it on my face while rinsing the razor and brush. Smells nice. 😊
I use my excess lather as a face wash too. If I use an alum block Postshave, the lather helps get it all off my face. The alum balls up into little grains on my face that when they are all gone, I know my face is clean and ready for the Hyaluronic Acid.

I use my excess lather as a face wash too. If I use an alum block Postshave, the lather helps get it all off my face. The alum balls up into little grains on my face that when they are all gone, I know my face is clean and ready for the Hyaluronic Acid.
Since I started using Wickham 1912 shave soap I started smearing the excess lather on my face after shaving and leaving it on my face while I brush my teeth and Q Tip my ears. That soap has a lot of ingredients like aloe, shea butter, jojoba oil, coconut oil etc. that is good for your skin. Once done I wipe it off with cold water then a splash of Lucky Tiger and I am good to go.

Hey people. I can't get my head around the fact that there's so many of you that shave everyday,
When I used to shave my facial hair it was like two three times a week from what I remember,
I just shave my head now hate facial shaving, anyways I cant understand how you guys can shave every single day, day in say out without fail..

I mean don't you get irritation?

Don't you ever get that cba moment and just feel lazy and think forget it, don't want to do it today?

So shaving everyday i mean isn't it time consuming? Or is it a quick shave due to there being minimal growth?

Also do you go against the grain during your daily shaves?

Help me understand lol 😂😁

Once upon a time, daily shave was a required chore of office life.

For the last 12 years my shaving routine has been 2-3 times/week, sometimes daily if/when required.

For some 3 decades of shaving with cartridge Gillette razors, irritation, especially reddish lower neck was a "normal" condition.

All that changed when I discovered the wonderful world of classical wet-shaving about 2 years ago.

Being in a hurry when wielding a sharp object around your face is never a wise choice (pun intended), so TAKE YOUR TIME!

As for the ATG pass, I couldn't obtain a BBS w/o it, so for me it's a given. If no BBS, why shave at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoy my daily shaves! Seldom do I get irritation or a bad shave.

The key IMHO is to focus on technique and to select hardware and software that works for you!
:a29: :a29:
you reckon you could get away with daily shaving with a cartridge razor?
i mean the dont take the hair off like a de razor and they clog up a lot too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have been shaving every day during the last 20 years or so. Prior to that I would skip a day from time to time and I would look like a bum. I was younger and didn't care that much. If you use the right tools, creams and methods, shaving is a pleasure. I look forward to my shaves every day. And by the way, I can shave every day with a cartridge razor, I just use two blade razors like Atra, Trac II etc. No clogging with only a day's stubble.

If I looked like this character unshaven I might skip a day now and again.

003.jpg

However, I do not.

My 'beard' is or would be a thin patchy mess. If I'm not shaving in the morning I probably am also not showering or putting on clothes, two other things I just consider part of 'getting up' each day. I will also spend *the entire day* touching my terrible stubble, over and over again, wondering why I did not shave and/or why I did such a terrible job of it.

When I experience irritiation I am lucky enough that it is generally a matter of minutes and does not typically involve redness or similar. And it's almost always because I am goofing off and misusing something (forging ahead with terrible lather for example, or flailing around with a new razor) or, most likely, stubbornly fighting some last wily hair. I have learned how to say "good enough" and go about my day with a perfectly fine (albeit not 100% BBS) shave.

And like others I enjoy playing around with various software and hardware, but most of all I relish the quiet time of shaving and find it meditative. I emerge energized and feeling prepped for the day.

Last edited:

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have shaved daily since the mid 1960s with time off only for backpacking trips. I have always shaved pretty much the same way. A three pass shave takes about six minutes. It is usually BBS but occasionally DFS. It is a pleasant way to start my day. On the rare day when I wait until later in the day to shave I do not enjoy feeling stubbly. Oh, and there is no irritation at all.

Last edited:
I've probably missed a daily shave about four times in the last 60 years. And if you count extras like getting ready for a concert in the evening, I'm likely ahead considerably in the daily average. With a collection from SE Schicks to Slims and Fat Boys to the first commercially successful Braun:

proxy.php

Top Bottom