What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Just had my first shave with the FOCS. Just... WOW
Really a great razor, comfortable and efficient. The blade was a new Gillette Platinum, sharp and smooth.
It seemed to me as efficient as the classic OC but much smoother, I only had some trouble finding the angle on the ATG and intuitively resorted to going steep.

What angle do you use with the FOCS or FCCS?
I tend to use a steeper angle riding the comb. How do you like the new Gillette Platinum? I love the old ones. Are they comparable.

I tend to use a steeper angle riding the comb. How do you like the new Gillette Platinum? I love the old ones. Are they comparable.

mmm I see. With all my other razors I tend to ride the cap. don't you get the feeling that it's tugging and ripping rather than cutting?

I have a Fatip Testina Originale that I don't use often: it seems to me that it doesn't agree with my shallow angle, even though I hear from other users that shallow is the way to go...

I am going through a 100 pack of the dark blue plats, I haven't tried yet the new ones. I remember years ago in Europe you could find Gillette Platinum in a similar package as the new ones but white, and they seemed pretty similar to me.

Usually, I use them, Voskhod and Rapira Platinum. Rapira with Aggressive razors (think R41), Voskhod when I want ultra-smooth, and Gillette with milder and middle of the road razors. The Gillette Plat for me work nicely in like a Progress, 34c or 37c, but they are too much in a R41 or a Grande.

Last edited:
just hacked my neck like I shaved with a machete with the FOCS...

I was using a new soap and a new brush, so lather wasnt ideal. And the Balzano was on its 4th or 5th use. Maybe they wear quicker than other blades Im used to?

Or maybe Ive gotten cocky.

Could be any or all of these reasons...

just hacked my neck like I shaved with a machete with the FOCS...

I was using a new soap and a new brush, so lather wasnt ideal. And the Balzano was on its 4th or 5th use. Maybe they wear quicker than other blades Im used to?

Or maybe Ive gotten cocky.

Could be any or all of these reasons...
strange, use another good new blade, different brand make sure you tighten the head well (few blades make a crunchy sound + resistance)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20201218_124328~2.jpg

Just received my Gold Piccolo FOCS today...I'm actually amazed how quick this thing showed up whereas I'm STILL waiting on my Wunderbar to arrive that I ordered weeks prior to the FOCS

I noticed this little circle in the top cap of the chrome FOCS, which thankfully the gold doesn't have, not a big deal but it did kinda bother me on the chrome a smidge. Does anyone else's have this?
20201220_141249.jpg

I noticed this little circle in the top cap of the chrome FOCS, which thankfully the gold doesn't have, not a big deal but it did kinda bother me on the chrome a smidge. Does anyone else's have this? View attachment 1197652

Yes, but also on the expensive Plisson/Joris razors. The heads on those are made by Fatip but plated and finished by Plisson. Part of the charm of these all brass, hand made items.

I noticed this little circle in the top cap of the chrome FOCS, which thankfully the gold doesn't have, not a big deal but it did kinda bother me on the chrome a smidge. Does anyone else's have this?

I have one like this, others are smooth. It doesn't bother me at all

I must live on a different planet than all you who love this razor. I have used the FOCS 5 times now, and each time has been unpleasant. Uncomfortable, lots of blade feel. And really no more efficient than my Slim set at 5 or 6.

I put the blade I had been using back in my Slim this morning, and it was much better.

I must live on a different planet than all you who love this razor. I have used the FOCS 5 times now, and each time has been unpleasant. Uncomfortable, lots of blade feel. And really no more efficient than my Slim set at 5 or 6.

I put the blade I had been using back in my Slim this morning, and it was much better.
Is the blade aligned? maybe w blade in tighten, then loose 1/2 *head down* grab handle and shake a bit....re tighten....sometimes this works for me.... .

Does if feel rough on both sides? or just one.....

Used mine last PM and was great very little blade feel, esp. after I used a RR shark (horrible).

Top Bottom