What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1-12-21.NewGold.Fatip.640..JPG

New & In Service​
1-12-21.Gold-FOCS(New0.JPG

Can anyone compare the grande and piccolo handle sizes to ball-end and fat handle techs? I want to pick up a FOCS but haven't had a Fatip before and I'm wondering if the sizes are comparable to the techs I have, or bigger/smaller. Thanks!

To those with the gold version, how is the build quality and does the paint chip off? I've seen pictures of the black fatip with paint chipped off after awhile.

To those with the gold version, how is the build quality and does the paint chip off? I've seen pictures of the black fatip with paint chipped off after awhile.

the black coating was chipping off in old models, as I understand with the piccolo SE release they changed coating process and now it's much more durable. I have a piccolo SE myself and I haven't had any problem.

edit. I shall add that from the pieces I have myself, the gold and black coating are better done than the chrome one, fewer imperfections. maybe other users can chip in on this, maybe it's just anecdotical :)

Last edited:
How does the Fatip slant compare to the Piccolo mk1 in aggressivenes?

Considerably less so in my experience. I've not used a mk2 Piccolo to compare to either.
The slant still gives a very good shave and is slightly smoother in use than the Piccolo but the Piccolo gets a slightly closer shave.

How does the Fatip slant compare to the Piccolo mk1 in aggressivenes?

as others have said, I also never had experience with the Mk1 but I can tell that the Storto is as efficient as the mk2 (both OC and SB) but smoother with noticeably less blade fell. It's that smooth you won't notice it cutting

The build quality and plating of the gold Fatip slant is the best of any of several Fatip razors I have owned. It is the first one where the blade loads perfectly with no adjustment needed. It is also the smoothest and most efficient shaver of any of them. I used my this morning and had a great shave. One odd thing is that I find that I have more sting with the alum block than with most razors, but I have never had a nick, cut or any irritation from the FOCS.

Hi to all,

Has someone tried to use Fatip Testina Gentile closed comb handle with FOCS handle? Are they even compatible? Especially FOCS Lo Storto handle (Grande version, not Piccolo) reminds handle reminds me on Gentile one? Perhaps someone has been curious to explore it. If so, wet handle may be more stable in the hand, isn't? I remember there were discussion recently that people change handles from standard Piccolo (non-Slant) to FOCS Piccolo due to their preferences. So, I am curios before purchase of FOCS, will standard Gentile handle be compatible with FOCS handle. 🙋

Happy shaves,
Aleksandar

I am so sorry for some mistakes during writing without checking of what I exactly wrote in previous post. Anyway, I hope community understood me what I meant. :)
For example, radius of Piccolo Slant handle may be shorter than FOCS Originale (Grande) judging by pictures and my intuition. Due to that, FOCS Grande (Originale) handle looks wider.
Yes, all the Fatip razors use the same thread size, so the handles will interchange.

That's great! It seems all the Fatip caps suit pretty well will every Fatip handle. :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hi to all,

Has someone tried to use Fatip Testina Gentile closed comb handle with FOCS handle? Are they even compatible? Especially FOCS Lo Storto handle (Grande version, not Piccolo) reminds handle reminds me on Gentile one? Perhaps someone has been curious to explore it. If so, wet handle may be more stable in the hand, isn't? I remember there were discussion recently that people change handles from standard Piccolo (non-Slant) to FOCS Piccolo due to their preferences. So, I am curios before purchase of FOCS, will standard Gentile handle be compatible with FOCS handle. 🙋

Happy shaves,
Aleksandar

The Fatip handles are not all the same in length and width but all the Fatip handles are interchangeable. They can all be swapped within the Fatip family of razors at your whim.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom