What's new

Hello everyone!

So this is my first post on B &B. But I have been reading post here for about a year. The same time I got into wet shaving. I want to say thanks to all of you! You guys have helped me a lot with great advice on shaving and products. I also learned a lot from Geofatboy's youtube videos. In case anyone was wondering about my username. Panzermeister is German for tank master. I build scale models of tanks,aircraft, and some sci fi. But tanks are my favorite. I paint them to look real [faded paint,rust,dirt,etc.] I am the greatest modeler in the whole world! My greatness is only exceeded by my sense of humility.;] Just kidding. Anyhow you guys convinced me to try a de razor. I was sick of paying high prices for multi blade razors! And I have a tough beard with sensitive skin. I was still getting razorburn. But the first time I tried wetshaving, I was hooked! Never gonna go back. My first blades no name from CVS. They were crap compared to what I use now[Feather]. But they were much better than The Gillette fushion I was using. Please excuse my spelling. I am not a good speller. A friend gave me a Merkur 42001 that he only used once. It is a nice mild razor. So about a year ago I bought a sample pack of 15 different blades. The Feather is my favorite. But I just ordered a bunch of blades from Try A Blade. These are ones that I have not tried as well as some that I want to try again. Now that my technique is much better partly due to you guys giving such great advice. Feathers cut great but sometimes they are a little harsh for my very sensitive girly skin. So I want to see if I can find the right balance between smoothness and sharpness. I order some Nacets, Red Personnas,Kai, 7 O Clocks,and some others. I will post a future post with my results. I am sorry for such a long post . but I want to add one final thought. I thought you guys were nuts for calling wet shaving a hobby and buying different stuff! It is just shaving for God's sake!....So right now I am looking at my new products that just came today. Some Proraso Red soap, Red preshave cream, and my Vinkings Blade Meiji adjustable razor. My early Christmas gifts for me! Damn! I don't need to shave today. I am going to have to wait until Saturday to try this out. The waiting is killing me! OMG! I have got the sickness. This has become a hobby for me now;] Anyhow goodbye for now. I hope you all have a great shave and a great day!

Welcome! I'm very new here as well. I took a similar path to yours so far. You've good some good blades on deck. I know how weird it feels to be buying all this stuff but the honest truth is that the only way to find out how it works for you is to try it yourself. I sure like the scent and performance of Proraso Red. Enjoy.

Welcome @Panzermeister Dave ! Proraso soaps and balms were my early favourites - then I bought all this other stuff! I’ve been DE shaving about five months, and already I’m in for 15 razors, 2000+ blades, 20 soaps, 20 creams, 30 shaving sticks, balms, pre-shaves, brushes, and around 50 aftershaves! 😱

So watch out for that rabbit-hole! You’ve selected some good blades there, happy shaving mate! 😁

So this is my first post on B &B. But I have been reading post here for about a year. The same time I got into wet shaving. I want to say thanks to all of you! You guys have helped me a lot with great advice on shaving and products. I also learned a lot from Geofatboy's youtube videos. In case anyone was wondering about my username. Panzermeister is German for tank master. I build scale models of tanks,aircraft, and some sci fi. But tanks are my favorite. I paint them to look real [faded paint,rust,dirt,etc.] I am the greatest modeler in the whole world! My greatness is only exceeded by my sense of humility.;] Just kidding. Anyhow you guys convinced me to try a de razor. I was sick of paying high prices for multi blade razors! And I have a tough beard with sensitive skin. I was still getting razorburn. But the first time I tried wetshaving, I was hooked! Never gonna go back. My first blades no name from CVS. They were crap compared to what I use now[Feather]. But they were much better than The Gillette fushion I was using. Please excuse my spelling. I am not a good speller. A friend gave me a Merkur 42001 that he only used once. It is a nice mild razor. So about a year ago I bought a sample pack of 15 different blades. The Feather is my favorite. But I just ordered a bunch of blades from Try A Blade. These are ones that I have not tried as well as some that I want to try again. Now that my technique is much better partly due to you guys giving such great advice. Feathers cut great but sometimes they are a little harsh for my very sensitive girly skin. So I want to see if I can find the right balance between smoothness and sharpness. I order some Nacets, Red Personnas,Kai, 7 O Clocks,and some others. I will post a future post with my results. I am sorry for such a long post . but I want to add one final thought. I thought you guys were nuts for calling wet shaving a hobby and buying different stuff! It is just shaving for God's sake!....So right now I am looking at my new products that just came today. Some Proraso Red soap, Red preshave cream, and my Vinkings Blade Meiji adjustable razor. My early Christmas gifts for me! Damn! I don't need to shave today. I am going to have to wait until Saturday to try this out. The waiting is killing me! OMG! I have got the sickness. This has become a hobby for me now;] Anyhow goodbye for now. I hope you all have a great shave and a great day!
Welcome to B & B. You’re getting very close I suspect to taking a major tumble down the rabbit hole.
Buy an inexpensive well honed straight razor and then you’ll see how much fun you really can have.
Let the good times roll!

Welcome Panzermeister. I am a son of a real "panzermeister" (although that was not his rank). He was in command of a real Panzer Division, and I can tell you,.....REAL Panzermeisters shaved with Solingen produced straight razors, and not that sissy stuff you are talking about! (joking about "sissy" here, no offence).

Welcome to the forum,....it just may make you a REAL Panzermeister!

Welcome @Panzermeister Dave. I hope to see more posts from you, and let’s see some photos of the models. I gave up modeling 50 years ago when I got married because I just couldn’t afford it anymore. The models are all gone, so I will allow you the title of World’s Greatest Model Builder. I think one of the last models I did was a Tiger II from Tamaya. It wasn’t a great kit, but the paint job I put on it was awesome.

Almost forgot to mention that I shave with a Feather nearly every day. Sometimes I get lazy on the weekends and have a three day growth to shave on Monday. That Feather mows it down.

Welcome @Panzermeister Dave. I hope to see more posts from you, and let’s see some photos of the models. I gave up modeling 50 years ago when I got married because I just couldn’t afford it anymore. The models are all gone, so I will allow you the title of World’s Greatest Model Builder. I think one of the last models I did was a Tiger II from Tamaya. It wasn’t a great kit, but the paint job I put on it was awesome.

Almost forgot to mention that I shave with a Feather nearly every day. Sometimes I get lazy on the weekends and have a three day growth to shave on Monday. That Feather mows it down.
Thank you, and thanks to everyone for welcoming me. Gonna have to ask my roommate how to post photos. I am not to tech smart and I don't have a smart phone. Just a cheap flip phone. But my roommate has a smart phone. So I will post some photos of my models and maybe my shave gear as well. Right now I am finishing big 1/48 scale B 17 "Memphis Belle" as a Christmas gift for my brother.

Welcome @Panzermeister Dave ! Proraso soaps and balms were my early favourites - then I bought all this other stuff! I’ve been DE shaving about five months, and already I’m in for 15 razors, 2000+ blades, 20 soaps, 20 creams, 30 shaving sticks, balms, pre-shaves, brushes, and around 50 aftershaves! 😱

So watch out for that rabbit-hole! You’ve selected some good blades there, happy shaving mate! 😁
Thank you. But only 2000+ blades and 50 aftershaves!? My God man! You need help. Would you like the name of my Pschy Doctor? I was crazy but now I am much better. [Ha! ha! ha! maniacal laughter] Yes I think the rabbit has got me to.

Welcome Panzermeister. I am a son of a real "panzermeister" (although that was not his rank). He was in command of a real Panzer Division, and I can tell you,.....REAL Panzermeisters shaved with Solingen produced straight razors, and not that sissy stuff you are talking about! (joking about "sissy" here, no offence).

Welcome to the forum,....it just may make you a REAL Panzermeister!
Thank you. Wow! A commander of a Panzer Division. He must have had some stories to tell. By the way, real men shave with combat knives or bayonets and use gasoline for aftershave!;]

Welcome! I'm very new here as well. I took a similar path to yours so far. You've good some good blades on deck. I know how weird it feels to be buying all this stuff but the honest truth is that the only way to find out how it works for you is to try it yourself. I sure like the scent and performance of Proraso Red. Enjoy.
Thanks. Gonna try the red stuff on Saturday with my new Meiji razor. Right now my favorite soap is MWF. Great soap. I have hard water but I have no problems getting a great lather. I tried the Lather & Wood Sandalwood soap. Smells good but the scent of the Proraso Red is stronger. At least the preshave is. This will be my first time trying Proraso products.

Top Bottom