What's new

Hello everyone!

Welcome to B & B. You’re getting very close I suspect to taking a major tumble down the rabbit hole.
Buy an inexpensive well honed straight razor and then you’ll see how much fun you really can have.
Let the good times roll!
Thanks! Don't tempt me!;] Cause now you got thinking.....Hmmmm a straight razor?

Thank you. But only 2000+ blades and 50 aftershaves!? My God man! You need help. Would you like the name of my Pschy Doctor? I was crazy but now I am much better. [Ha! ha! ha! maniacal laughter] Yes I think the rabbit has got me to.
And that is why @RanTan the Cool is supposed to be in the psych ward at the Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies. Big Nurse is looking for him now.

Thank you. Wow! A commander of a Panzer Division. He must have had some stories to tell. By the way, real men shave with combat knives or bayonets and use gasoline for aftershave!;]

You read some lies about certain historical events (joking). He told me (and that's from the horse's mouth), they shaved with Solingen blades, and used Slivovitz for the aftershave, and Vodka later on when they advanced through Russia. I also used Slivovitz in Bosnia and Kosovo, but I'm just a sissy now....I use "normal" aftershave, although I've been using Solingen blades for 20+ years,....so maybe just a half of sissy.

You read some lies about certain historical events (joking). He told me (and that's from the horse's mouth), they shaved with Solingen blades, and used Slivovitz for the aftershave, and Vodka later on when they advanced through Russia. I also used Slivovitz in Bosnia and Kosovo, but I'm just a sissy now....I use "normal" aftershave, although I've been using Solingen blades for 20+ years,....so maybe just a half of sissy.
I am offended by you post Mr. Kessler! Vodka as a aftershave!? The horror! Good booze should always go on the inside of the body. For the love of God man! What's next Maisel Weisse beer for a preshave! P.S. I love Maisel Weisse!

OK,....now that the subject is certain beverages,.....if you want to try REAL beer, you owe it to yourself to source some "Franziskaner", and when it comes to Vodka (and I drank it all over this little planet of ours), there is no better than Putinka. As you probably know, Putin is one vain individual, and he would not let them put his name on some sub par swill. When it comes to Slivovitz (plum brandy), Serbian Manastirka will blow your mind. You can thank me later (when you try them). All of it is available to order on the web. In some areas of the country, you can even find this stuff in the store.

If I end up at this place I hope I get a pretty buy not so big nurse! By the way, I like your cat RanTan the Cool.
Big Nurse will take your cares away! 😶

The cat is my nephew’s (more accurately his girlfriend’s) - goes by the name of Mews! Now he’s two, he’s at that ‘I’m too cool for cuddles’ stage!

Al.

OK,....now that the subject is certain beverages,.....if you want to try REAL beer, you owe it to yourself to source some "Franziskaner", and when it comes to Vodka (and I drank it all over this little planet of ours), there is no better than Putinka. As you probably know, Putin is one vain individual, and he would not let them put his name on some sub par swill. When it comes to Slivovitz (plum brandy), Serbian Manastirka will blow your mind. You can thank me later (when you try them). All of it is available to order on the web. In some areas of the country, you can even find this stuff in the store.
Thanks for the great advice! Gonna see if I can find that beer or have it ordered. I know a German deli that sells all kinds of German beer. Also a nearby ABC store that has a good selection. Lots of good stuff come from Germany.

So I want to see if I can find the right balance between smoothness and sharpness. I order some Nacets, Red Personnas,Kai, 7 O Clocks,and some others. I will post a future post with my results.
GSB fits those parameters so try a tuck of those blades. You may also find success with the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum from India.
...my Vinkings Blade Meiji adjustable razor.
I like the look of that razor so looking forward to your review on how it shaves.

Top Bottom