What's new

Worlds Finest Safety Razor | Overview | First Shave Report

I shaved several times with mine and the only gripe that I had with it was the price just seemed a little bit too high. But in terms of performance, I really really like it. For me, it is a nice balance between smooth comfort and a nice efficient close-cutting razor.

(Sent from mobile)

Agree, it’s about 60 dollars to expensive.

Mine got here today, will be shaving with it tomorrow. So far the blade gap and exposure look very RFB like, which is what I was hoping for.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worlds Finest Safety Razor SOTD
SOTD-WFSR-W_2020-11-18.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/43 Pure
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)
ASL: Iced Orange

WFSR Shave 16:
An excellent shave. :biggrin:

Today I used a totally new-to-me blade. A Treet Platinum. My first ever "Made in Pakistan" blade. I've seen lots of positive reviews of said blade recently so I decided to try them out.

I appreciate that a single shave doesn't tell you that much, but the Treet was certainly a treat. It performed really well with the rest of the team in a smooth and sharp way. :001_cool:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD-WFSR-W_2020-11-18.jpg

Blade: Treet Platinum (1)
ASL: Iced Orange

WFSR Shave 16:
An excellent shave. :biggrin:

Today I used a totally new-to-me blade. A Treet Platinum. My first ever "Made in Pakistan" blade. I've seen lots of positive reviews of said blade recently so I decided to try them out.

I appreciate that a single shave doesn't tell you that much, but the Treet was certainly a treat. It performed really well with the rest of the team in a smooth and sharp way. :001_cool:

Treet is my favorite blade for moderate to aggressive razors. I think it’s like Astra but slightly better.

So, shaved with the WFR this morning using a Gillette Yellow, which is a little sharper than a Treet, and Tabac.

Overall, very smooth. Less aggressive and efficient than what I used the last few days, which was an English HD500 with a Treet. Less aggressive and efficient than a US New. I do think it’s about as aggressive and efficient as the RFB, and slightly smoother and less irritating which makes sense given how secure the blade is in the WFR. It is secured like a timeless and there is no possibility of chatter.

So, overall it’s a real winner. It’s my favorite modern stainless steel razor by far, as it’s still fairly compact so not too bulky like a timeless ss (which is why I prefer timeless in titanium). I think the WRF in Titanium, if it could be made, would be amazing as it would weigh more like a vintage at that point. I can see why the WFR is more expensive than the Gamechanger, as the machining is more intricate and cleaner/more polished than the GC. The fit and finish is a higher level of detail and polish than less expensive modern razors.

I think we think it is a little overpriced, but not because of quality. I don’t know their production run size, it could be entirely that. Maybe I’m being unfair now they I have it, the quality of the finish is much higher than Razorock razors. So, if you think of it like a less expensive timeless or wolfman (but not quite that polished), it is in line.

Now, money aside, it is in the top echelon of modern razors I’ve used. I will have to use it for a few weeks to say it’s the best, but it might beat timeless titanium in my book as best modern razor, and it certainly cost less than that.

For those of you who are maniacs like me, it recommend picking it up as a regular usage part of your collection. It is high quality in finish and more importantly Fine clearly put a lot of attention to designing a razor that would shave well, and it shows in the resulting shave.

Many thanks for the feedback @Demaratus, appreciated. :thumbup1:

I intend doing 30 shaves with my WFSR before playing with anything else, which, as you've noticed, shouldn't be difficult. Please keep us updated. :001_smile

Is this what you mean? [emoji652]
View attachment 1184188

View attachment 1184189

(Note the superior blade clamping on the WFSR.)

Yes, exactly. I think those show very well how much more blade exposure the R41 has. Also the blade is straighter and less well clamped. I believe both of those reasons are why it is more aggressive and less forgiving than many other open comb razors.

The WFR is not an aggressive razor at all, because blade gap is much less important than blade exposure, and the WFR has slightly negative blade exposure, just like the RFB.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention in my review is that the WFR has one very minor flaw, which is the three pin design to hold the blade. The top cap sits perfectly in the base plate with no alignment issues at all. However, as with every three pin razor, the manufacturing tolerances in the blade mean there is a little play on the razor and you have to set it straight to get it perfectly straight. Now, the maximum I could get the blade crooked wasn’t very, but like every three pin razor including Merkur, Muhle, and Fatip, it is more crooked than a center bar design allows like a vintage Gillette or a modern Timeless. If the a future version of the WFR went to a center bar top cap and base plate (like an RFB;), I think that would improve an already excellent design.

Is this what you mean? ⬇
View attachment 1184188

View attachment 1184189

(Note the superior blade clamping on the WFSR.)
Great pictures, clearly show difference between R41 and WFSR. Looks interesting, I am trying to only by razors now which shave markedly different than any I already have, moe than 30 different types. I enjoy variety, but don’t need - for example - a DE89 and several clones, the original is enough. I tell myself this means I have RAD under control and I am now acting completely rational where razors are concerned. :straight:

SOTD-WFSR-R_2020-11-19.jpg

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: TFS Traditional Almond
Blade: Treet Platinum (2)
ASL: Almond Splash

WFSR Shave 17:
A very nice shave. :biggrin:

My new (well, 16 shaves new) Omega Mixed Midget has been losing ~2 hairs per shave since the beginning. Today it shed seven. I think I'll chuck it in the bin, and probably buy another.
I'm back on a marzipan high today with the soap and ASL. :letterk1:

SOTD-WFSR-Y_2020-11-20.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Blade: Treet Platinum (3)

WFSR Shave 18:
A splendid shave. :biggrin:

I'd forgotten how soft the Shavemac silvertips are, but still with plenty backbone. Thanks to today's new team-mate that was one extremely luxurious shave.

SOTD-WFSR-G_2020-11-21.jpg

Brush: Shavemac 21/46 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Blade: Treet Platinum (4)

WFSR Shave 19:
A good shave (but not spectacular today). :letterk1:

Finally, there's a small dip in the progress chart. The blade seemed a tad rough, but I suspect it was just an operator inspired one-off which will right itself on the next shave. I guess that expecting a brilliant shave EVERY TIME is somewhat optimistic, even for me. :crazy:

SOTD-WFSR-B_2020-11-22.jpg

Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Blade: Treet Platinum (5)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

WFSR Shave 20:
A very, very nice shave. :biggrin:

The Treet Platinum still felt a bit scratchy today, but it gave a fine shave all the same (lucky for me that I enjoy a bit of "blade feel" :lol1:).

I'm enjoying playing around with the different TFS soap "flavors." All three that I have (varying from inexpensive to medium cost) lather wonderfully... so I just like swapping them around for the different scents.

The Clubman VIBR came out of hiding today, just for its Christmassy scent. I guess that's the cloves part of the perfume. My Bay Rum ASL knowledge is extremely limited as I've only tried the one.

SOTD-WFSR-W_2020-11-23.jpg

Brush: Semogue Torga C-3 22/49 Finest Mistura
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum (1)

WFSR Shave 21:
An excellent (and different for me) shave. :biggrin:

Today's shave was an experiment (in reality, for me, I guess they all are). This was my first ever "cold water" shave! (Most of my shaves start out with hot water which ends up lukewarm.) It was definitely different, and not unpleasant. I intend to continue cold-water-shaving for the next few shaves at least, to see if I like them enough to change my years old habits.

After the cold water pre-shave splash, all the rest of the (ever changing [barring the razor]) team did a great job.

SOTD-WFSR-K_2020-11-24.jpg

Brush: Semogue Torga C-3 22/49 Finest Mistura
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum (2)

WFSR Shave 22:
Another excellent cold water shave. :biggrin:

Prior to shaving I was thinking "I don't really want a cold water shave, I like a bit of warmth." But, having promised myself that I'd give cold water shaving a fair trial, I just got on with it. I guess my system doesn't like to be reprogrammed... it was a really enjoyable shave.

Got it, similar but more gap the R41...def looks aggressive
Not nearly as aggressive as the r41.

I wouldn't even call it aggressive at all.

There are more things to consider other than the gap.

My r41 I can't use at all. The wf I can easily use daily.

(Sent from mobile)

Top Bottom