What's new

Worlds Finest Safety Razor | Overview | First Shave Report

Not nearly as aggressive as the r41.

I wouldn't even call it aggressive at all.

There are more things to consider other than the gap.

My r41 I can't use at all. The wf I can easily use daily.

(Sent from mobile)
Interesting, not how the picture looked to me, but the proof is in the use, what OC razors would you compare it to?

Worlds Finest Safety Razor SOTD
SOTD-WFSR-R_2020-11-25.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga C-3 22/49 Finest Mistura
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum (3)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

WFSR Shave 23:
And another super (cold water) shave. :biggrin:

Cold Water Shave 3:
I must say I'm enjoying these cold water shaves... but my "conditioning" keeps on reminding me that warm is nice. My current intention is to do seven CW shaves before going back to "warm" just to see if it makes any difference to how my face feels/responds.

I've been reducing my loading with the Mistura on each shave. Strangely enough that's resulted in MORE lovely lather. The combination of the fabulous TFS soap and the lather monster Mistura is a definite winner (in my limited experience).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD-WFSR-G_2020-11-27.jpg

Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum (4)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

WFSR Shave 24:
Believe it or not... an excellent shave, :laugh:
especially after yesterday's (non WFSR) shave (HERE :devil:).

Cold Water Shave 5:
I've done a little bit of tweaking. At the end of my cold water shave (instead of having everything cold) I pour a sinkful of warm water to clean my gear.
Very nice (little things :letterk1:).

Not nearly as aggressive as the r41.

I wouldn't even call it aggressive at all.

There are more things to consider other than the gap.

My r41 I can't use at all. The wf I can easily use daily.

(Sent from mobile)

Yep. I used it for a week, it’s mild yet more efficient than a tech. It’s a real winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOTD-WFSR-B_2020-11-30.jpg

Soap: TFS Italian Rhubarb
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum (5)
ASL: Reuzel

WFSR Shave 25:
A very nice shave indeed. I love this razor. :biggrin:

Cold Water Shave 6:
All is going well with the cold water shaves, but I must say I'm glad that the bathroom's warm.

My new shaving soap took me on a walk down memory lane. There I was, three or four years old, at my Granny's rhubarb patch, pulling out what was going to be that evening's Rhubarb Crumble. The stalks were nearly as tall as me.
The scent is exactly the same, only my Granny's rhubarb patch was in Rutherglen (Scotland), not Italy.

SOTD-WFSR-K_2020-12-02.jpg

Soap: TFS Italian Rhubarb
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
ASL: Almond Splash

WFSR Shave 26:
Another excellent shave. :biggrin:

Cold Water Shave 7:
My seven cold water shaves have been very nice. I'm going back to my usual "warm water" next shave, to try and find out which I prefer (or if it's a tie).

The TFS Italian Rhubarb was very nice again. It mixed well with the Almond Splash, and I'm still getting the pleasant scent of that mixture an hour post-shave.

There was no drama with my first Wilkinson Sword blade, but then, I didn't expect there would be. All the teams I've picked to join the WFSR so far have excelled.

When-a-plan-comes-together.jpg

SOTD-WFSR-W_2020-12-03.jpg

Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)
ASL: Iced Orange

WFSR Shave 27:
A very nice shave. :biggrin:

Back to a warm water (vs cold water) shave today. Warm water wins! I prefer the feel of it and think it gives me a fractionally closer shave.
I did make up for it at the other end of the shave by using my Iced Orange ASL. :osage:

I'm really getting into the different shaving soap scents. That's something I thought would never happen. TFS is definitely the cat's meow for me (in all shaving soap respects). I'm now considering throwing some of my soaps out. If I do, first to go will be MWF, Williams, and Haslinger's Shafmilch... all perfectly good soaps but I don't like their sickly smell. In fact, if I could build up the courage I'd throw them ALL out barring my TFSs (and my MdC Citrus which is part of my "new-brush-prep-squad").

SOTD-WFSR-R_2020-12-04.jpg

Brush: DS Cosmetic 26/49 Two Band
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
ASL: Proraso Red

WFSR Shave 28:
Another very nice shave. :biggrin:

The new kid on the block today is the DS Cosmetic two band badger brush. Its 26mm knot is way bigger than my preferred 16mm to 20mm range, but one needs to step out of one's box every now and then. :yesnod:

I gave it my usual "new brush pre-shave prep" before using it this evening. For the first use of an unfamiliar brush it performed really well. My only problem was figuring out how to move it from A to B when it was already covering both. :001_rolle

Of course, in the name of "science" one must persevere. So I intend using it for seven consecutive shaves, to discover if MASSIVE brushes are for me in the long term, or not.

SOTD-WFSR-Y_2020-12-05.jpg

Soap: TFS Kathmandu
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (4)
ASL: TFS Kathmandu

WFSR Shave 29:
A fantastic shave! :biggrin:

Two new kids on the block today! TFS Kathmandu shaving soap and aftershave. The scent (to me) was one of those "different, but I'm sure it'll grow on me" types. On receiving the goods I gave the ASL the "on the wrist" 20 second (followed by the half hour) sniff. There was a significant difference between the top and base notes, both pleasant (to me). After my shave I liked the ASL splash so much that I did it again, something unheard of for me, especially considering my (previous?) hate of strong scents.

On reading TFS's description of Kathmandu Aftershave, they have it down to a T.
Kathmandu
Dedicated to lovers of strong perfumes, Katmandu is the eau de Parfum that TFS has developed around the precious essential oil of African Geranium, backed by notes of Tobacco, Coffee, Hash, Oud, Incense and Carnation. It is the olfactory story that Mastro Michè, the master soap maker and creator of creation, has elaborated by condensing life and travel experiences. Intense and enveloping, never intrusive.
I did have a couple of, what I thought would be, challenges with the new soap and brush. The soap is in a standard TFS diameter tub (84mm [>3¼"]), but this one's only 30mm (<1¼") deep... and full to the brim. That, combined with the massive (to me) 26mm and bloomed brush knot, appeared to be a possible problem. Fortunately, foreknowledge of the likely problem turned it into an opportunity and loading was easy. :001_smile
Of all the great teams I've had backing up the WFSR so far, I think this one is probably the tops. :punk:

SOTD-WFSR-G_2020-12-07.jpg

Soap: TFS Kathmandu
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (5)
ASL: TFS Kathmandu

WFSR Shave 30:
Another super shave. :biggrin:

My intended 30 shaves with the WFSR are up. It was a great experience. I'm wondering if my next shave will be with a different razor, or not. At this moment I feel like I could continue with the WFSR forever and be very happy... but being fickle, we'll see what happens next shave (when it happens).

All the team performed great today, again.

Third shave in and I'm enjoying my massive (to me) brush. It's certainly different to any brush I've used before. I'm glad to say that it's a lather monster, and amazingly I haven't lathered my ears (so far).

Worlds Finest Safety Razor Vs. Timeless SSSlim OC = FIRST PLACE TO BOTH (it's a tie)
SOTD-WFSR-W_2021-02-16.jpg

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (16)
ASL: TFS Mandarino Tachibana

A fine shave. :biggrin:

It'll take a few shaves for me to fully readjust to the WFSR from the 30 previous consecutive shaves with the Timeless Slim OC... but it was a great shave. I now declare BOTH these razors in first (equal) place on my podium.

They are certainly very different razors design wise. Probably the most noticeable difference is due to the ±0 blade exposure of the WFSR and the very positive blade exposure of the Timeless Slim. But "vive le différence" as I love them both.

All in all, the operator was in tune with his fine equipment (= a fine shave). :laugh:

Top Bottom