Brush: Shavemac 18/44 Pure
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
ASL: Cool Lemon

WFSR Shave 3:
An excellent shave!
The Worlds Finest Safety Razor now takes first place on my podium. :punk:
Naturally, the rest of the great team all played their part in helping it get there. As you can imagine, the team manager is in a very good mood. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Worlds Finest Safety Razor SOTD
SOTD-WFSR-W_2020-11-01.jpg
:001_wub:

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (4)

WFSR Shave 4:
Another great shave. :biggrin:

I'll endeavor to make a list of the things I like about this razor, and any I don't like (which I haven't discovered so far) for a future post. Currently I'm just enjoying the shaves with no thought whatsoever as to anything technical.

SOTD-WFSR-R_2020-11-02.jpg

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (5)

WFSR Shave 5:
I'm finding this hard to believe, the shaves are getting even better! :w00t:

SOTD-WFSR-Y_2020-11-04.jpg

Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)

WFSR Shave 6:
Another excellent shave. :001_smile

Although the Personna Platinum Chrome only had five shaves on it, I thought it would be a good idea to try some different blades to see if they made any difference. People have been raving about Perma-Sharps recently so I went mad and purchased two 5-packs. The Perma-Sharp did feel different... duller than the Personna, but it was still a great shave. My intention is to try several blades (five shaves each)... and see what happens.

SOTD-WFSR-G_2020-11-06.jpg

Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)

WFSR Shave 7:
Another great shave. :biggrin:

I'm finding it hard to believe how good this razor and the rest of the team are performing. These recent shaves are definitely the highest scoring DE shaves I've ever had.

WFSR
I love everything about it. I'm a very choosy type, and although I'd decided that I "had to" purchase it... from the pictures I'd seen not "everything" was to my liking. Taking stock of all my previous (minor) misgivings about the razor now (too many to list, as any other perfectionist pedant will understand), I see that the way the razor actually is, is best. I now know that everything about it is "just" right (for me of course).

PERMA-SHARP BLADE
Today's shave was absolutely fine, so I imagine the slightly dull feeling of the blade at the start of the last shave was just the initial roughness that some blades appear to suffer from. I'd appreciate if any Perma-Sharp users would comment on this.

SHAVEMAC PURE BADGER BRUSH
I'm really loving this little baby (which has now completed its 12th shave). It's got really nice scrub (with no scritch) and is a lather monster.

RASOZERO AGRUMELLA SHAVING SOAP
Having just completed my 20th shave with this magical budget soap... I have to say it's the best shaving soap I've ever used bar none. It's so easy to get it to any consistency one desires. It has such a pleasant simple scent too. This is my first ever TFS soap (strangely enough, I've ordered another of their soaps... just to see if they're all that good).

COOL LEMON AFTER SHAVE LOTION
Home made potion. This is pat myself on the back time. After a little initial tweaking it's giving me a fabulous "sting and freeze." The sting is fun but only lasts for a second while the freeze stays for about ten minutes (and the lemon scent is short lived but nice – I don't like lingering perfumes [on me]).

If you've had the perseverance to read all the above you'll appreciate that I am one delighted shaver. :001_smile

SOTD-WFSR-B_2020-11-08.jpg

Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
ASL: Iced Orange

WFSR Shave 8:
And another great shave. :biggrin:

Just one change today. I made my second ASL and used it after the shave. It has similar characteristics to my Cool Lemon only with more sting (more alcohol content) and a lovely sweet orange scent from the EO.

SOTD-WFSR-K_2020-11-09.jpg

Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)

WFSR Shave 9:
On my progress chart I'm cruising along the crest of fine shaves. :biggrin:
Mind you, I guess there's still plenty of time to fall into a trough... but I'm keeping my SWB as clean as I can.

Today my new TFS Mandarino Tachibana shaving soap arrived. That was the only minus point of my shave. Don't get me wrong, it worked every bit as well as my beloved Rasozero Agrumella... I just found the scent a little overpowering.* I love citrus, but I guess you can get too much of anything.

Sitting here an hour after my shave, my simple Iced Orange ASL scent has disappeared completely but the Mandarino Tachibana (which is a bit complex, scent wise) is still here in force. I suspect it may be one of those scents that "grows on you," so I'll stick with it for a few more shaves at least.

* Coming under the category of "Linea Intenso" I guess I should have expected this. :letterk1:

Onward!

SOTD-WFSR-W_2020-11-10.jpg

Brush: Shavemac 18/43 Pure
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5)

WFSR Shave 10:
That was A FANTASTIC SHAVE! :w00t:

A new soap yesterday and a new kid on the block today too, another Shavemac Pure. I was loving the original one so much that I had to purchase a twin to keep it company.

I found myself longing to lather up with the TFS Mandarino Tachibana. This surprised me a little as I'm not really into strong scents... it's obviously addictive. Again I'm sitting here, an hour after my shave, and this time loving that lingering scent (mind control by TFS?).

It looks like a stainless new or flat bottom tech. Ie, potentially it really is the worlds finest production razor. I will have to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a stainless new or flat bottom tech. Ie, potentially it really is the worlds finest production razor. I will have to get one.

I thought it was going to be a game changer killer, but not at double the price! Looks like it could be better than the Feather, though, for a high end but not quite to Timeless/Charcoal/Wolfman level. I will report back once I get one: if it shaved like a New or a Flat Bottom Tech than it’s a winner.

SOTD-WFSR-R_2020-11-11.jpg
:punk:

Blade: Feather (1)

WFSR Shave 11:
Another excellent shave, I love this gear. :001_wub:

I'm just so pleased with every single piece of this kit that it would be easy to go back to minimalism! But then, I'm a bit too fond of experiments.

There was one small downside pre-shave: I spent five concentrated minutes carefully cleaning the damned wax off the Feather blade. And talking about blades, all three so far have given me great shaves. Sharp and smooth. I'm sticking to my "five shaves per blade" just to see if any stand out as being better or worse with this razor... but so far all have been more-or-less equal.

SOTD-WFSR-Y_2020-11-13.jpg

Soap: TFS Traditional Almond
Blade: Feather (2)
ASL: Almond Splash

WFSR Shave 12:
A very nice shave. :biggrin:

The DHL Courier showed up with my TFS Traditional Almond Shaving Soap, all the way from Italy. This was a "no-expense-spared" purchase. The 125ml jar cost a massive €1.95 (plus €6.99 shipping :001_rolle). I'd thought about purchasing the kilo block but decided against it as the 125ml jar should easily last me 250 shaves. I love the marzipan scent which I find similar to red Cella; both the red TFS Traditional and the red Cella have a stronger scent than Vitos Red (to me anyway). Talking about reds, I repotted the TFS from its (perfectly good) red jar into one of my slightly bigger white ones.

Being in a marzipan mood I made up an almond splash to go with it. No menthol this time, but 75% alcohol for a good burn. :bayrum2:

The soap performed great, as expected, just like my other two TFSes. The scent was just right for me, there, but not that noticeable during the shave.

My latest ASL gave me a great (but very short lived) burn, and matched the soap's scent perfectly. The scent dissipated after about 15 minutes which is just the way I like it (unlike Stirling's Almond Creme which is a bit oversweet and lasts forever).

The above wasn't planned as the soap was due to arrive on Monday (16th). I just had to use it straight away. I'll be back with the citrus gear next shave and save the marzipan madness for a later treat.

Naturally, the three hardware items performed faultlessly.

SOTD-WFSR-G_2020-11-14.jpg

Blade: Feather (3)

WFSR Shave 13:
A very fine shave. :biggrin:

The brush is fine, great scrub and accuracy.
The soap is fine, great performance and scent (yep, I've fallen in love with it).
The razor is Fine, without a doubt. :wink2:
The blade is fine, I only wish they'd provide waxing strips with them (to remove the damned wax :001_rolle).
The ASL is fine, great :bayrum2: and :osage:.

SOTD-WFSR-B_2020-11-16.jpg

Blade: Feather (4)

WFSR Shave 14:
Another very fine shave. :biggrin:
All the team are doing a great job. The team manager couldn't be more pleased. :punk:

SOTD-WFSR-K_2020-11-17.jpg

Blade: Feather (5)

WFSR Shave 15:
And yet other very fine shave. :biggrin:

So as not to repeat myself about the greatness of this kit... I'll just shut up. :a38:

I shaved several times with mine and the only gripe that I had with it was the price just seemed a little bit too high. But in terms of performance, I really really like it. For me, it is a nice balance between smooth comfort and a nice efficient close-cutting razor.

(Sent from mobile)

Top Bottom