SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Gentile
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (2)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo
Soap: Proraso Red
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
026_41.jpg

What a nice kit. I'm finding the Fatip Lo Storto Gentile to be as efficient as the FOCS. Gillette yellows are sharp. I love Tuxedo knots. Proraso Sandalwood smells great. Proraso Green Splash is cooling and invigorating. Most of all Hyaluronic Acid leaves my face feeling really good. I feel it's a game changer. I really want to see how it works over time as a long term skin care agent.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (3)
028_41.jpg

As I settle into the Fatip Lo Storto Gentile, I'm finding it more aggressive than my Lo Storto OC. Maybe this is just my imagination? When the Sabbatical is over I will buy a Lo Storto Gentile. I want to see if it's different than the one I'm using. The new Fatips shouldn't be aggressive at all. I find that the longer a model is out the more improvements and tweaks Fatip makes to them over time. I have a first batch Fatip Gentile, and the amount of blade exposure from the cap is crazy. It's a 19mm cap, and I find the 19.5mm cap an improvement that increases rigidity. At some point I may buy another gentile, but I have to many to count, literally, gentile heads already that are at least 19.5mm.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (3)
View attachment 1180941
As I settle into the Fatip Lo Storto Gentile, I'm finding it more aggressive than my Lo Storto OC. Maybe this is just my imagination? When the Sabbatical is over I will buy a Lo Storto Gentile. I want to see if it's different than the one I'm using. The new Fatips shouldn't be aggressive at all. I find that the longer a model is out the more improvements and tweaks Fatip makes to them over time. I have a first batch Fatip Gentile, and the amount of blade exposure from the cap is crazy. It's a 19mm cap, and I find the 19.5mm cap an improvement that increases rigidity. At some point I may buy another gentile, but I have to many to count, literally, gentile heads already that are at least 19.5mm.

You mean more aggressive as what?
  1. More efficient?
  2. More prone to jump up out of nowhere and bite you?
  3. Harder on your skin?
  4. All of the above?
  5. Two of the above (which two)?
I pretty much hate the term aggressive because I never know what it means unless it is defined.

Sorry for being a PIA about it (well, not that sorry)...

I think I only used the Gentile Slant once or maybe twice but it seemed like a good razor to me, just not quite as much to my liking as the FOCS. My trial was too short to know anything for sure.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
You mean more aggressive as what?
  1. More efficient?
  2. More prone to jump up out of nowhere and bite you?
  3. Harder on your skin?
  4. All of the above?
  5. Two of the above (which two)?
I pretty much hate the term aggressive because I never know what it means unless it is defined.

Sorry for being a PIA about it (well, not that sorry)...

I think I only used the Gentile Slant once or maybe twice but it seemed like a good razor to me, just not quite as much to my liking as the FOCS. My trial was too short to know anything for sure.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I know you don't like the term aggressive. Neither do I. In this case it's number 2 and 3. It shaves almost smoothly enough, but I have to be considerably more careful than with the FOCS. I've also noticed what looks like three paper cuts on my skin from the blade edge. The largest is an inch long the smallest is a 1/4 inch long. None of them were deep enough to bleed, but they are there and felt when applying splash.

To me, “aggressive“ means more likely to bite or cause irritation, the opposite of smooth/mild.

Razors can be efficient and smooth/mild (FOCS) or efficient and aggressive.

Some can be inefficient and aggressive and some can inefficient and smooth/mild.

I am not the authority on this and claim no legal responsibility for injury or loss of property from the above.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
To me, “aggressive“ means more likely to bite or cause irritation, the opposite of smooth/mild.

Razors can be efficient and smooth/mild (FOCS) or efficient and aggressive.

Some can be inefficient and aggressive and some can inefficient and smooth/mild.

I am not the authority on this and claim no legal responsibility for injury or loss of property from the above.
I've said the same thing more than once, so I have to agree with your wisdom! :001_302:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (4)
030_41.jpg

Hyaluronic Acid Rocks! :punk: The hype is real!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I have my gold one put away for special holidays

Slantember
OCtober
No-Stubble November (including Guy FOCS Day last week)
DEcember
Slantuary
FOCSuary
March Madness FOCS Four
April FOCS Day
Lo Stortoial Day
Father’s Day
FOCS of July for USA people

I’ve got nothing for August. Perfect month for PIFing a gold Fatip Safety Bar Slant to @Raven Koenes and a gold FOCS to me if nickel isn’t already available by then.😊

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Dog Days of FOCS

Nicely done!

KBG is banned at Rave's house.

It would be a gift. Based on his history, it would be the best razor he’s ever used.

And if he’s merely uncomfortable with gilded decorations, it can be penance for his “tongue-in-cheek” rhetoric regarding Belgium and its inhabitants.

And he should have one because a newly revealed holiday in August means I‘ll have to hold out for a nickel FOCS or settle for one in chrome or gold.

Top Bottom