SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Gentile
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (5)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo
Soap: Proraso Red
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
032_41.jpg

Well, I'm having a mixed relationship with the Fatip Lo Storto Gentile. I definitely had to be on my guard with it. I find the FOCS to be a superior razor in that it is automatic and reflexive. The Gentile Slant took care and mindfulness to get the same results, or the result would be micro-cuts and irritation. My last shave of the week was the best with it. This has me curious to revisit my Fatip Testina Gentile for a comparison.

Next weeks line up: Fatip Testina Gentile paired with a fresh Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow, Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti, the shaving brush will be my APShaveco Cashmere, post shave wull be InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid:001_wub: , and Figaro Monsieur Ambre as a splash.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Nicely done!

It would be a gift. Based on his history, it would be the best razor he’s ever used.

And if he’s merely uncomfortable with gilded decorations, it can be penance for his “tongue-in-cheek” rhetoric regarding Belgium and its inhabitants.

And he should have one because a newly revealed holiday in August means I‘ll have to hold out for a nickel FOCS or settle for one in chrome or gold.
I do appreciate the idea of the gift. My wife has told me if I bring a gold razor into the house that would be it. She said, something like who do you think you are and something about wanting to shave my King's Butt. I knew karma would eventually catch up to me about the problem with Belgians issue. :incazzato I feel the walls closing in. I might need a safe space to hide out. :a38:

Last edited:
Razor: FOCS
Blade : Personna Lab Blue (5)
Soap : TOBS / Sandalwood
Brush : Simpson / Polo 8 Silvertip Badger

WTG=>XTG=> DFS++ 9.8/10.0

Sold out everywhere I believe

I bought one, but the local customs decided to send it back to Spain because of "incomplete address information". I also ordered a Piccolo from the same store, with the same shipping address and it arrived safely, so who knows.

The store was super fair and gave me a voucher to purchase the FOCS again, I just don't want to risk it, so I will have to wait until I travel to EU again.

I WANT A FOCS SO BAD!
Sold out everywhere I believe
Maggard's first run had about 90 each of the open and closed slants, the open sold out in a few months, but they still have like 70 of the closed.

Good news though - they restocked another 50 open combs and there are still 40 left. I'm waiting for a Thanksgiving Black Friday sale

@macintoshBR - your profile shows that you're in Italy, can't you just find it somewhere there? I think there are Italian shaving websites that carry fatip stuff. Try rasoigoodfellas.com ...they have it in both versions , gold and chrome

Last edited:
Fendrihan has the FOCS and FCCS in stock. However, I suspect that shipping to Italy would cost an arm and a leg.

It might be a good alternative source for North Americans, though.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm posting my Fatip Testina Gentile because I'm doing a comparison between it and my Fatip Lo Storto Gentile. Right now the Testina Gentile is one up on smoothness and ease of use. The Lo Storto Gentile is more efficient but prone to bite.

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Testina Gentile
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Cashmere
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambre (Splash)
050_40.jpg

Well, this was a pleasant surprise. Even with a Feather the Testina Gentile felt less aggressive than my week with the Lo Storto Gentile. It was also smoother, but I've always find Feathers to be smooth even when they burn you. My shave was quick and irritation free. I'm so happy to be back using Saponificio Varesino soaps. Why do I ever use anything else? I really love the slickness and glide of SV Dolomiti. I also like the taste as far as soaps go, comparatively. It must be the clay? It was kind of nice. My post shave routine has been raised to a whole other level with Hyaluronic Acid. It's a game changer!

I think I posted in the BOSS, but IMHO a shim under the blade of a 🦊 does not alter the efficiency (well, enough to matter at all) but does make it much less smooth.

Im experimenting with shims and slants....

9DD30898-6901-4F89-A027-CB8F522C4C4B.jpeg

So far, ElF (under blade) and PBOCS (on top of blade, not under) responded well!

I’m to chicken to shim the WB....It’s perfect as is and I am afraid it would remove bone or muscle.

Top Bottom