What's new

Blanton's pricing

I really like Blanton's and used to be able to get it here in NYC at most stores without a problem. About 2 yrs ago it got scarce. Then, of course, the pricing got crazy. I had a local place that still sold it around $70 until very recently when he had it. I'd buy 2 or 3 at a time. There are other store in same area that are well over $100 now. One place across the street wanted $129 and another $139. One of the salespeople explained that Blanton's is releasing a bottle that was only available in Japan for years. (think she said it was called Gold Edition). I guess that will be the main Blanton's available.
Warning-if you order this at a bar it will be real pricey.
I am in NYC. Anybody seeing anything similar in other locations. (A friend of mine from OH buys Blanton's here since he cannot get it in OH).

Blanton's and everything else Buffalo Trace does is so allocated and spoken for and otherwise used to create artificially inflated demand relative to the supply that ought to be available. Can't stand the company. 15 years ago they were at the forefront of pushing the envelope in terms of creating new bottlings, working with rising demand in creative ways, and producing good whiskey. Now everyone else has passed them by. Hell, Beam Global managed to restore the age statement on 9-yo Knob Creek, while even lowly Weller Special Reserve still has no age statement and has doubled in price in the last 3 years. I don't buy anything from BT anymore.

Reactions: ogu
Yes, Blanton's is a fave here as well and it has certainly become difficult to find. Our state minimum pricing in Michigan is $60 and I buy it whenever I see it on the shelf at that price. With the demand, I'd say that is once every couple months any more. Most recent was a couple weeks ago, my local grocery happened to have a bottle sitting on the shelf when I walked by. I have a pretty good stash of the stuff (a couple full sets worth) but with the scarcity I still buy whenever I have the opportunity.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's great stuff, but I quit chasing it. There's too much else out there that is excellent and readily available. If I see some at a decent price, sure, I'll pick it up, but I'm not chasing it to impress someone or feel all pleased with myself.

Should I ever find myself in need of a Blanton's fix, I know a number of spots where I can get a nice, neat pour at a decent price.

A friend from New York asked me to have a look out here. The Total Wine in El Paso was out but expecting more in at $63.99/bottle.

$62 is the last price I saw. I don't think I have purchased a bottle for myself. I was gifted a bottle by my wife at $50. When the price began climbing, I started looking at tother bottles.

Just noticed the return of the age statement on Knob Creek.

I can get Weller SR for $24. Still a bargain.

simply, this is fashion.
comes and goes.
right now, it's coming.

blantons march 25 2018.jpg

Should I ever find myself in need of a Blanton's fix, I know a number of spots where I can get a nice, neat pour at a decent price.

+1. They usually have a bottle at our club, where they offer a generous pour for a decent price. I do have a single bottle at home, which stays largely full on my bar cart, for when I need to impress company! Same plan with my new bottle of Elmer. 😉

+1. They usually have a bottle at our club, where they offer a generous pour for a decent price. I do have a single bottle at home, which stays largely full on my bar cart, for when I need to impress company! Same plan with my new bottle of Elmer. 😉
Curiuos-what did you pay for Elmer? I found a store in Brooklyn that had 3 bottles for $150 each. My friend from OH asked me to get him all 3 since it's hard to find there. I've rarely seen it under $200 in NYC.

Curiuos-what did you pay for Elmer? I found a store in Brooklyn that had 3 bottles for $150 each. My friend from OH asked me to get him all 3 since it's hard to find there. I've rarely seen it under $200 in NYC.
$129. First and last bottle at that price. It will sit on my bar cart to impress guests and/or for special occasions.

A liquor store in Lansing, KS told me they sell Blanton’s at $58.99 a bottle when they get it. They never know when it will arrive and rarely receive more than three bottles.

Just a couple years ago my sister in ND could get Elmer for $40. Lately, I have seen it here in FL for $90. It’s good, but not that good. Blanton’s is $60 here.

Top Bottom