What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

@camoloc after seeing your thread about restoring a filly I decided it was time to pick up my own. So in the mail today came my filarmonica 13 sub cero. This is a well loved straight, none of the gold wash appears to be left and it is now 6/8" (I have no idea what it started at). The spine is very straight and it took a nice even bevel. The scales match my Shapton 1.5k nicely!
View attachment 1131350

yes sir nice buy!!!!

I was looking that one over real hard too!!!!! glad it was indeed you that got it!!!

camo

Last edited:
So this came in the mail today. I'm now part of the club. :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:

20200727_174029_compress68.jpg
20200727_174102_compress31.jpg
20200727_174118_compress5.jpg
20200727_174130_compress93.jpg

You poor man. I can feel your disappointment. To help relieve your suffering, you can pass it on to me. I'll even pay the shipping.

You know your true friends when you need them.

Bahahahahahah! Yes...I was very disappointed to find that it looked better than the sellers photos, and had zero signs of previous use. Send me your address, but it will likely take me a few days to get to the post office...I can’t leave the house in my current state!

Vr

Matt

They are Rigarazor razors. Made by an artisan in Latvia, I believe. They show up regularly on eBay for sale as new. Prices vary since most are sold as an auction. And he makes multiple styles, so you have to wait for what you like to show up. But, IMHO, the wait is entirely with it.
you can also get them from his etsy page also sometimes they appear on griffin. there is on for sale on there right now. the same one with black scales.

you can also get them from his etsy page also sometimes they appear on griffin. there is on for sale on there right now. the same one with black scales.
Thank you very much Mr. Enabler sir.
I’ve now gone to the Griffin website about a half dozen times since you posted this Thursday.
I think those two should’ve been sold as a set.
I do prefer the white one, and if I buy the black one, I’ll have to have a matching white.

Funny thing, two weeks ago (7/22) I was on the Griffiths site and bought these two. I was looking for something vintage in ivory.
The Red Bird, I spontaneously grabbed because I’ve not seen one, it’s in great shape, and I literally live amongst hundreds of Cardinals.
When I bought our property I didn’t remove the Cardinals natural habitat like most people do.

Both are 11/16, which is a very usable blade size for me, at this time, as I have a rather technical face.
4694C17C-35F1-4AFB-A148-1E11261E4A11.jpeg

E9451FE8-2BF8-4FB1-9F6D-826FECEB5EB9.jpeg

86F62072-67E7-4795-8797-2BB7B1ACF6ED.jpeg

Top Bottom