What's new

Tobacco Acquirements for May 2020

You guys are making me jealous! Dag nabbit, when lockdown in my area is lifted, I need to visit my local tobacconist and part with some legal tender for a cob and 8 oz of tobacco (2 oz each of the 4 blend families).

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My MacBaren HH Rustica. Two day priority took ten. It shipped on the 4th, made it to Irving (25 miles from me) on the 6th. It sat there for 4 days. On the 10th it was sent to Fort Worth, and arrived there on the 13th (about a 30 mile trip). Frustrating. I noticed they are a limited run, so I panic bought 5 more. Went free standard mail this time.
E2671BE8-2368-4EF2-BA62-593E4EF65918.jpeg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
My MacBaren HH Rustica. Two day priority took ten. It shipped on the 4th, made it to Irving (25 miles from me) on the 6th. It sat there for 4 days. On the 10th it was sent to Fort Worth, and arrived there on the 13th (about a 30 mile trip). Frustrating. I noticed they are a limited run, so I panic bought 5 more. Went free standard mail this time.
View attachment 1100099

I’m still debating sticking up on the Rustica. TP for stock in so I have some more time to decide. Pop a tin and give us your opinion man :).

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
View attachment 1100099
I just realized I will have an odd number of tins. That is going to bug me.

I needed to stock up on pipe cleaners, so naturally I "had" to add some tobacco to the order from P&C. Their Sutliff bulk was on sale so I picked up a pound ea. of 515-RC1 and 507-S, and I had $20 P&C cash that was nearing its end date, so that made a couple of tins of Sutliff Crumble Kake VaPerique the obvious choice (TAD logic).
It arrived today after being mishandled by the USPS and placed in the wrong mailbox at the PO. Fortunately, the guy who got it knows me and dropped it by. The advantages of small town life!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I smoked pipes for many years. I really miss my pipes. Occasional Cuban cigar but that’s it. Wish I hadn’t opened this thread.

Do you have any old tins gathering dust somewhere? McClelland closed up last year and their blends are unobtanium now :).

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I’m getting ready to move soon and while packing and cleaning out stuff, I tossed all the old tins. Sorry.

Ah, I wasn’t trolling for to score some tins :). Just thought maybe you didn’t know about McCelland closing so don’t toss them, but I was too late.

Top Bottom