What's new

Tobacco Acquirements for May 2020

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Five more tins of MacBaren HH Rustica
E9506A5F-23E8-4C57-97B0-A5350C49BC70.jpeg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
From smoking pipes last week. I had bought two, saw it was a limited run, and ordered more. Let me know if you can’t find any via PM.
I originally bought 5, so I have some. Just looking to pad the cellar. Thank you for the offer though, that's super nice.

That's a lot of LNF!
I have 8oz ball jars that I’ll portion 4oz or 5oz into each jar. Micah let me try some 4 year old flake, so I see where this will be going.
Mine is almost at three. I did 8 oz jars with 8 oz in each when I didn't know better. One jar has been opened a lot. I have less than 10 bowls left in the first jar. Looking forward to the next jars.

I've got some LBF aging but not as much. The LNF is one I can smoke multiple times a week. 👍

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
That's a lot of LNF!

Mine is almost at three. I did 8 oz jars with 8 oz in each when I didn't know better. One jar has been opened a lot. I have less than 10 bowls left in the first jar. Looking forward to the next jars.

I've got some LBF aging but not as much. The LNF is one I can smoke multiple times a week. 👍

I could barely fit 4oz in each jar maintaining the flakes. Should be great. I have 1lb if LBF aging as well. Plan is to buy 1lb every year and I should have a good stick pile of aged tobacco for my retirement.

That's a lot of LNF!

So out of curiousity, I don’t store 4oz of tobacco in a 4oz jars? I need 8oz jars?

I’m Going out and grabbing some ball/mason jars today but don’t want to invest in the wrong ones.
All I’ve picked up is not to put anything in my jars (I’ve read some put cotton and stuff), keep them away from light, bail top jars are best because of rubber gaskets, and that most store 4oz of tobacco in a jar.

I’m still new and am unsure of how to properly cellar(jar) my tobaccos, so I apologize for the novice question In advance!

So out of curiousity, I don’t store 4oz of tobacco in a 4oz jars? I need 8oz jars?

I’m Going out and grabbing some ball/mason jars today but don’t want to invest in the wrong ones.
All I’ve picked up is not to put anything in my jars (I’ve read some put cotton and stuff), keep them away from light, bail top jars are best because of rubber gaskets, and that most store 4oz of tobacco in a jar.

I’m still new and am unsure of how to properly cellar(jar) my tobaccos, so I apologize for the novice question In advance!
Regular canning jars work great. Use new lids if you're reusing jars. The gaskets wear out. There isn't really a need for bail top.

Smaller jars help not break up the bulk anarobic aging. Factory tins do that well. But bulk esoterica bags and bulk blends come in bags. The quilted jelly jars are a great size. Quart and pint jars are kind of large and you have a lot of tobacco that you interrupt the aging Everytime you open it.

I have some blends in the 2oz jars. A lot in 4oz. A 4oz jar holds a tin really well. The 2 oz jars I'll have to break up large tins or bags so I have something to smoke quick and jar the rest in 4s or 6s depending on cut. A lot of flakes fit in the 6s right out of the tin. Lots of info for storing in a bunch of threads. But 8 oz jars hold a lot but get unwieldy to throw in a bag or have on a shelf with a bunch of bother blends.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

The jars are measured in volumetric ounces and tobacco is measured in weight so it’s not 1:1. I find a normal 8oz wide mouth mason jar is pretty perfect for a 2 ounce or 50 gram tin of tobacco.

When I’m cellaring, I fill the jars as full as possible and and can fit more like 3 ounces of ribbon tobacco in an 8 ounce jar.

Flakes are denser and more compact, so I can usually fit 4-5 ounces of flake tobacco in an 8 ounce jar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom