What's new

Tobacco Acquirements for May 2020

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Still working despite Covid - flipping - 19.

Seems I'm doing some Tobacco shopping therapy. A couple of pounds of baccy coming from Smoking Pipes just because of something Srgjazz was trying . . Father Dempsy and Arango.

To add insult to injury . . . I ordered three Morgan Bones pipes. Ambassador, Dublin, and Bulldog.

Then I look at Kent's post about Marlin Flake.

And now the evil Kent is doing the dance of the seven veils with the next B&B pipe. This stuff is killing me but it hurts good.
Same. I have been stimulating the tobacco economy like crazy lately...a lot of good stuff is being released consecutively and it's hard to say no!

Packages #1 & 2 arrived. Still waiting on my Morgan Bones pipe and tamper from another seller. Also some Carolina red flake

Attachments

• EC3DC8CB-DCB8-4409-8C08-F0D325025F4E.jpeg
    EC3DC8CB-DCB8-4409-8C08-F0D325025F4E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 86C39C7A-5446-4FD6-8DAB-D41B064F40E2.jpeg
    86C39C7A-5446-4FD6-8DAB-D41B064F40E2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Packages #1 & 2 arrived. Still waiting on my Morgan Bones pipe and tamper from another seller. Also some Carolina red flake
That's awesome! I'm glad you got your stuff. Some of the things you got might take a while to adjust to. I'd recommend starting with that Amphora pack and working up to the others. That Warped is going to have some strong flavors (cigar leaf), the HH Rustica will pack a nic hit in addition to some heavy flavors I'd think, Salty Dogs is delicious but you may benefit from some time developing a cadence prior to digging into it (it will smoke hot if pushed). That Amphora pack will help you to gain a deeper understanding of the flavor you're experiencing and how different types of leaf will act in the pipe and in response to your cadence. Just my two cents and I'm still really new to the hobby myself. Enjoy my friend!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I like how the bag label says “only for sale in United States”. I guess you technically bought it in the US and has it shipped to you.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I like how the bag label says “only for sale in United States”. I guess you technically bought it in the US and has it shipped to you.

I've wondered about that and kept my mouth shut. That along with all the shipments that somehow made it to me without a stop at customs. This one did pause for enough time in customs that I paid $77 in duty and I think $30 in sales tax.

Bulk tobacco is a pretty good deal to import into Canada from the US. Consider a pouch of Captain Black . . . which is perhaps, with exaggeration, an ounce, and cost for that pouch is about $25 . . . and correct me if I am wrong fellow Canucks. This is maybe 1/4 the price . . . probably less.

Now I have to change my name and go into hiding . . . dang.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My priority mail package of MacBaren HH Rustica has been stuck in the Irving sort center since 07MAY. Typically when stuff gets there I have it the next day. My sister works at UPS, and they are having the same problems USPS is having.

In the mail today, a Watch City Cigar delivery. 4oz ea of The Churchwarden, Persian Slipper, and Ernie's first Micro-Batch Project "Undead Scottsman". Only 4oz of the Undead Scottsman per customer and it sold out fairly quickly. I hope I like it, but I hope not too much given it is unobtanium from here on out.

Top Bottom