What's new

Mailing Homemade Tobacco Blend

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Good day y’all! Hope everyone is doing well. I’ve got a question for the ya here. I pressed out a homemade tobacco blend for a friend overseas. I’ll be mailing the blend to his dad here in the states and he’ll personally deliver the blend to my friend. It’ll be a little difficult mail a mason jar and have that same jar go into checked luggage. I figure some sandwich bags can help.

My question is this, to help prevent some moisture loss, could I wrap the cake I made in some parchment paper and place another wrap of foil on top? At that point, my plan is to place the blend into a sandwich bag that’s been doubled up. Thoughts?

My first thought. Maybe include some documentation. Someone may think it's something else that could be trouble. May even put in a labeled tin or pouch etc.

seabee1999

My first thought. Maybe include some documentation. Someone may think it's something else that could be trouble. May even put in a labeled tin or pouch etc.
Was already planning to include an index card. My friend’s dad speaks and writes the language of the country he’s going too. He’s pretty well know with the authorities there too. Will ensure that I’m as detailed as possible though.
Mylar bags would be your best bet. Easily mail-able, packable, and no worry about moisture loss.
Will hope to find some local here. I’m kinda on a time crunch sadly. Thank you for the suggestion. I hadn’t thought of Mylar.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Was already planning to include an index card. My friend’s dad speaks and writes the language of the country he’s going too. He’s pretty well know with the authorities there too. Will ensure that I’m as detailed as possible though.

Will hope to find some local here. I’m kinda on a time crunch sadly. Thank you for the suggestion. I hadn’t thought of Mylar.
What about a tea or cookie tin you might have in the cupboard already? Or even a small coffee can.
For temp storage, they do very well.

seabee1999

Due to timing, I just wrapped the tobacco cake in some parchment paper and then wrapped that in foil. The. Double sealed in a couple sandwich bags. Thanks for everyone contributing. I’ll probably order some mylar bags for next time.

Top Bottom