What's new

Most efficient yet mild razor

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have some great razors that are smooth(mild) and efficient. They are Vintage and modern so what suits your fancy for a nice shave.

Razorock SLOC one of the most carefree shaves a person wants. Smooth & efficient Razorock SLOC 2017 (2).jpg

Razorock Game changer SS .84- it works OK with a 3 pass shave & some what smooth IMO. Razorock Game change .84 2018 (2).jpg

Gem Featherweight is a great razor that weighs 1oz -don't judge a razor by its looks IMO.Gem Feather weight 1950-53 (2).jpg
Gem junior bar lather catcher- one of my oldest smoothest & efficient 3 pass shavers- permanent razor in the den.GEM  Junior bar 1907 (2).jpg

Gem Micromatic flying wing or MMBT or guiding eye..... great smooth razor and delivers a great 3 pass shave.Gem flying wing 1947-50 model(2).jpg
Oneblade core version 2- #1 daily driver with a modified Gem blade- just love using it for a 3 pass & clean up for many carefree shaves. It's the only razor that will take a little pressure and not bite!
One blade 1 (2).jpg
Gillette fatboy E3 on setting 5 is a nice shave, I find the Fatboy a little smoother than the slim.Gillette Fatboy 1959-E4  (2).jpg
Gillette British Rocket will give a nice smooth efficient 3 pass shave also.

Everready 1914 LLC is their pinnacle razor & ER sold hundreds of thousands of the 1914 models and will give a smooth shave with some nice audio feedback (singing razor).Ever Ready  1914 LLC mfg 1914-17 (2).jpg
Stick Schick L type with a injector twin II blade- smooth and close shaves.Stick Schick with a 20 year warranty from a G Schick  (2).jpg
Schick adjustable injector Model3 (M3) beautiful smooth shaves on the lower settings if that is what you want.Schick injector M3 adjustable razor MFG 1970-72 (2).jpg

There are a few others that are also smooth and efficient but it gets endless. (home bound & bored)

I have some great razors that are smooth(mild) and efficient. They are Vintage and modern so what suits your fancy for a nice shave.

Razorock SLOC one of the most carefree shaves a person wants. Smooth & efficient View attachment 1090986

Razorock Game changer SS .84- it works OK with a 3 pass shave & some what smooth IMO. View attachment 1090987

Gem Featherweight is a great razor that weighs 1oz -don't judge a razor by its looks IMO.View attachment 1090978
Gem junior bar lather catcher- one of my oldest smoothest & efficient 3 pass shavers- permanent razor in the den.View attachment 1090981

Gem Micromatic flying wing or MMBT or guiding eye..... great smooth razor and delivers a great 3 pass shave.View attachment 1090980
Oneblade core version 2- #1 daily driver with a modified Gem blade- just love using it for a 3 pass & clean up for many carefree shaves. It's the only razor that will take a little pressure and not bite!
View attachment 1090983
Gillette fatboy E3 on setting 5 is a nice shave, I find the Fatboy a little smoother than the slim.View attachment 1090982
Gillette British Rocket will give a nice smooth efficient 3 pass shave also.

Everready 1914 LLC is their pinnacle razor & ER sold hundreds of thousands of the 1914 models and will give a smooth shave with some nice audio feedback (singing razor).View attachment 1090988
Stick Schick L type with a injector twin II blade- smooth and close shaves.View attachment 1090985
Schick adjustable injector Model3 (M3) beautiful smooth shaves on the lower settings if that is what you want.View attachment 1090984

There are a few others that are also smooth and efficient but it gets endless. (home bound & bored)

Some wonderfull recommendations... Will look into them with more detail... Everready 1914 LLC "singing razor"... I love that description!

Home bound and bored... Aren't we all?

Thank you very much for your post and please, do stay safe!

For closeness/efficiency and comfort for me, nothing beats my Rockwell 6s with the 5/6 plate and a BIC Chrome Platinum blade (people seem to hate them or love them, but they're my favorite blade). A close second for me would be the Game Changer .84 OC.

I have the HD 34c, Muhle R108, WSP El Grande 2 DE OC, Rex Envoy, Tatara Masamune... the razor that gives me the closest shave is the Gillette Fatboy... every time.
Which setting? How many days between shaves? Thanks in advance. I have a '60 refurbished FatBoy I have yet to shave with.

I bought a 37 slant last month. My first slant. Purchased after all the rave reviews. It's the worst razor I possess. It irritates and leaves stubble no matter what I do. I will persist as I must be doing something wrong considering all the rave reviews.

I've been using DE's for 10 years and my regular is the Futur and R41.
I hate this for you. A slant, and I own four, is literally the only razor of the 15 or so DE razors I have that gives me consistently smooth, irritation free shaves. Hell, I’m still struggling with the Mergress I bought a month ago.

For your slant, study the razor a bit and you will see the ”teeth” on the cap and the “teeth” on the guard make a nearly flat surface. Place the head of the razor, without a blade, against your palm and rock it back and forth and I think you will see what I’m talking about. You want this flat surface against your face. That is to say, dont “ride the cap” or “ride the guard” as some people describe. With a slant you ride both.

Also, be absolutely sure the blade is aligned. this is kind of hard to judge but if you hold the razor vertically and look down on the cap everything should be perfectly symmetrical from one side of the razor to the other. The blade should be parallel to the edges of the cap as well as the guard. With my slants I almost always have to loosen the handle a bit and slide the blade into the right position a bit.

Finally, my real breakthrough on a slant happened when I went to a Feather blade. A Derby was ok but a Feather was the bomb.

Good luck.

Efficient yet mild. The one that pops into my head first is the Futur.

The Futur is a razor that has intrigued me for a very long time. I've read many great things about it. I'm not sure if I'd be able to get along with it's head, it seems quite taller than I'd prefer. A while back I bought a Rockwell 6S and only shaved with it a few times. The shaves are ok but I just can't seem to get along with it's tall head... Maybe I should just give it another run see what happens... Thank you very much for your recommnedation!

Efficace mais doux: pour moi c'est rockwell 6s

Efficace mais doux: c'est tres vrai! Mon probleme avec le Rockwell c'est que j'ai une tres forte preference envers les rasoirs avec une tete plutot plate, pas aussi haute commme celle du Rockwell. C'est un tres bon rasoir, la taille de sa tete ne fonctionne pas tres bien pour moi. Merci beacoup pour votre post!

Top Bottom