What's new

TJ Maxx find

I stopped at the TJ Maxx near my house last week. A tub of proraso white for $1 and some proraso styptic gel for $0.70. Otherwise that place was completely picked through.

I stopped at the TJ Maxx near my house last week. A tub of proraso white for $1 and some proraso styptic gel for $0.70. Otherwise that place was completely picked through.

Same sitch at my local Maxx. Now that I know what it is I also picked up a styptic gel tube for $1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to my local TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and even Ross Dress for Less.

TJ Maxx had a ton of Cremo and a couple of razors. I think they had a couple of tubs of AoS cream. Marshalls only had one Nivea shaving stick. Ross didn't have a thing. So it is a bust in my town.

Never tried Thayers, saw these for $3.99 so I thought I’d give them a shot. The brand is loved by many here.

Also picked up a couple more Blaze EDTs (Very good Spice Bomb clones from BHPC).

Saw an open box Mühle R89 for $15. Don’t need it as I have the Heritage and my original EJ DE89 (Wedding Day Shave), but my EJ has corroded threads so I might get one as a donor for a cap with Mühle brass threads.

Attachments

• CA829665-EBC9-4CA3-938D-F2FDBBA76B6E.jpeg
    CA829665-EBC9-4CA3-938D-F2FDBBA76B6E.jpeg
    838.5 KB · Views: 20
Finally found the Muhle today. $15 bucks as expected. There were 3 more on the shelf. Also, I am now overly and unnecessarily familiar with Marshall's restock dates.
It would be nice to find Muhle razors with something other than the R89 head. I spotted an R106 (I think) last weekend for $25 sitting next to another $20 R89. But ii is just the same head on a black handle. And I haven't seen another Merkur product since I found the $5 34C at a Dayton Burlington.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I found the most stuff at the Marshalls by me, the TJ Maxx had lots of Cremo stuff and modern razor systems, but the Burlington was a total wash.
I guess I will have to check them out more often.....

I found the most stuff at the Marshalls by me, the TJ Maxx had lots of Cremo stuff and modern razor systems, but the Burlington was a total wash.
I guess I will have to check them out more often.....

The pattern I have seen is that Burlington has the best scents and Marshals/Tj-maxx/Ross are best for finding shave related items.

I read an article that TJ Maxx, et. al, do markdowns on Wednesdays and it is best to go that morning. They restock throughout the week. Yellow tag labels are the final markdown. Red tag labels are marked down somewhat. Compared to labels are normal price items where they compare street value to MSRP. If you find damaged items then you can also haggle the price some more.

I stopped by the local Marshalls today to have a look. They still had a couple jars of AOS Peppermint. I passed it by last time at $10 but today one of the jars had been marked down to $5. How could I not buy it? The box was a little beat up, hence the discount I suppose, but the plastic jar was still intact. I've tried samples of AOS cream so I know it's a good soap. Looking forward to trying the Peppermint.

^
That's how I ended up buying AoS Bergamot Neroli.. I actually think it was $6.99, but for that money it's an amazing cream. So, good job! :)

I stopped by the local Marshalls today to have a look. They still had a couple jars of AOS Peppermint. I passed it by last time at $10 but today one of the jars had been marked down to $5. How could I not buy it? The box was a little beat up, hence the discount I suppose, but the plastic jar was still intact. I've tried samples of AOS cream so I know it's a good soap. Looking forward to trying the Peppermint.

I did the same thing, except I paid $8 after passing it up at $10 during the post-Christmas clearance sales.

Glad I scooped it up (last one on the shelf). I've had two shaves with it and am impressed. Great performance and the peppermint oil makes for a refreshing lather.

I have seen a couple of posts where they said their cream didn't have any scent. That's not the issue with mine

I did the same thing, except I paid $8 after passing it up at $10 during the post-Christmas clearance sales.

Glad I scooped it up (last one on the shelf). I've had two shaves with it and am impressed. Great performance and the peppermint oil makes for a refreshing lather.

I have seen a couple of posts where they said their cream didn't have any scent. That's not the issue with mine

AoS does make an unscented cream in the big 5oz jars, and a bunch of those showed up at TJMaxx etc also. Mostly useful for the fragrance-sensitive. It works fine but just doesn't smell very nice.

AoS does make an unscented cream in the big 5oz jars, and a bunch of those showed up at TJMaxx etc also. Mostly useful for the fragrance-sensitive. It works fine but just doesn't smell very nice.

I'm so impressed with the performance of the two AoS creams I have (Ocean Kelp and Peppermint), I'm going to pick up any I see, regardless of the flavor.

AOS Peppermint cream is just awesome.

May sound strange but I like to use regular soft soap hand soap to lather when I shave with some of my really old silver plated vintages or when in a big hurry. Very slick and doesn’t leave any type of residue I have to get off my silver later. Actually is a very nice shave and keeps the prints off.

I like to follow up with a good face lather with the AOS Peppermint then eventually hit the shower after just leaving it on for several minutes. The scent stays for a solid 20 minutes after the shower and my skin stays soft all day. Get whiffs here and there for an hour. Really glad I stumbled on it at Marshals.

I find some absolute bargains under men’s grooming in TK Maxx here in the U.K.

Anything in particular? I have a long layover (~12 hours) in LHR coming up.

All on line purchases - for example last couple of items. Moisturiser normally £18, bought for £3 so I got 5 of them and shaving gel should be £30, paid £5 - only bought one as I have enough now for the next 2/3 years or so

I picked up a bottle of the Pecksniff Professional EDT (Lemon, Cedar, Amber) from Marshall's - $7.99. Really like it.

I was at Burlington today and saw a scent brand completely unknown to me called Ashton and Moore. The scent is called Bourbon and Sandalwood. It is an EDT and the box was pretty nice. Couldn’t find anything on it on my phone except a beard oil review and the guy seemed to love the scent. I blind bought it, put a spray on my pulse points in the car and went on my way.

The scent initially was very woodsy then completely disappeared. I thought that for $7.99, it wasn’t a huge risk but after about 10 minutes, it came back strong out of nowhere and turned into Pecksniff Professional, only more intense. The scent stayed exactly like Professional for about 6 hours but again more intense and had very good projection for almost a good 5 hours.

As the scent changed to a skin scent after about 6 hours or so, it began to smell just like TOBS Sandalwood cologne does before that scent disappears, kind of a powdery version. That powdery TOBS Sandalwood skin scent is still on my skin after 10 hours.

If you like that Professional, pick up this if you see it. It smelled so close that my assumption was that the same company produced both. This could be the case but there is nothing to be learned about Ashton and Moore online. They do seem to have the same type of skin products that Pecksniff offers and both are made in London so who knows?

Top Bottom