What's new

WOLFMAN Order Wait List - What Razor / Configuration Did Order?

you have a very nice selection of razors there. I have been shaving with my T95 most of the week but this morning reached for the R41. This is also a marked step up i efficiency v the T95 so your comments re that are very welcomed, i just momentarily panicked yday.

From what it sounds like the 1.25 will have a little blade feel (less than R41) with efficiency that may be on par with it and smoothness that is similar to the T95

I've only had 2 shaves with the WR2 1.25, but it sure seems more efficient and aggressive than my T.95!

From what it sounds like the 1.25 will have a little blade feel (less than R41) with efficiency that may be on par with it and smoothness that is similar to the T95

Just to help you with expectations, here is how I judge that (with only a short time with the Wolfman):
  • From what it sounds like the 1.25 will have a little blade feel (less than R41) - Yes
  • with efficiency that may be on par with the R41 - No, not quite to that level of efficiency
  • and smoothness that is similar to the T95 - Yes

I'm just curious: has anyone here who was pondering alternative blade gaps actually opted to order the narrower gap when it came time?

I keep bouncing back & forth between SB (***no interest in DC***) 0.95 & 1.05. My goal is to have a daily shaver (I'm just not interested in non-daily-usable (for me) razors. My biggest fear isn't a FOMO on higher efficiency; it's "fear" of waiting this long, spending that much and winding up with a razor I just won't desire to use daily. All due respect to others' requirements, I hope it all goes without saying.

I ask the original question because it sure seems guys wind up talking themselves into the higher blade gap pretty much every time. I'm just checking myself to see if my sense of things is skewed.

On 14 Sept I placed an order for:

- WR2-SB Razor Head (0.95mm Blade Gap)
- WRH7 (90mm (Regular) Solid
- Polished (Basic/Textured)

Received and paid the invoice on Tuesday.

Over the years I have swung towards mild razors. I’m quite confident with my selection.

I'm just curious: has anyone here who was pondering alternative blade gaps actually opted to order the narrower gap when it came time?

I keep bouncing back & forth between SB (***no interest in DC***) 0.95 & 1.05. My goal is to have a daily shaver (I'm just not interested in non-daily-usable (for me) razors. My biggest fear isn't a FOMO on higher efficiency; it's "fear" of waiting this long, spending that much and winding up with a razor I just won't desire to use daily. All due respect to others' requirements, I hope it all goes without saying.

I ask the original question because it sure seems guys wind up talking themselves into the higher blade gap pretty much every time. I'm just checking myself to see if my sense of things is skewed.

THIS. I'm glad to hear someone else express this feeling. Based on the comps people have given, my original order of 0.95mm will almost certainly go up to 1.05 or 1.15, but same as you, I worry that I'll wait all this time and then end up with something that can't be a daily driver for me. Now, that's not necessarily the worst thing in the world, since I do have razors that I enjoy using but couldn't be daily drivers, but I guess I just want something I could use every day that would also have at least enough efficiency to make me happy. A "perfect middle ground", if you will. I don't know if that exists.

I did. I changed from the 1.15 to the 1.05. I'm glad I did since I love the 1.05.

I’m on the list twice, about a month difference between going on first in early January, then again a couple of weeks ago. I’m looking at SB both times, one with 0.95 & the other 1.15. I want to be on the list twice so if I need to adjust after shaving with it several weeks, I can.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m on the list twice, about a month difference between going on first in early January, then again a couple of weeks ago. I’m looking at SB both times, one with 0.95 & the other 1.15. I want to be on the list twice so if I need to adjust after shaving with it several weeks, I can.
Smart man.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A barber pole, possibly? I'll try to take a picture of my old one tomorrow if I can find it!

He says on his site that multiple orders are not permitted so I hope you don’t run into any problems with that strategy.

I don’t think it works that way. Hopefully you don’t get both orders thrown out.

Yeah, I think there'd be quite a few of us that would put in multiple orders if allowed. I purchased a WR2 in December and asked at the time of ordering if I could buy a second head. The answer was no. When I received it I immediately put my name back on the list which is what I was instructed to do. I sold that WR2 because I'd like a higher gap. But now I'm only three months into the waiting system. I don't think they're past the first week of September orders yet.

Top Bottom