What's new

WOLFMAN Order Wait List - What Razor / Configuration Did Order?

I have the 1.15 and the 1.05. I wouldn't go below the 1.05 as it may be too mild. I think I prefer the 1.05. Have the WHR1 & WHR2 handles - both are great.

I'm used to pretty mild, but also appreciate that gentle, but efficient is often better for sensitive skin in terms of less passes, buffing etc. My preferences are Fatboy on 4 or 5, 6S on 4 (can go to 3 with a Nacet), various Techs. OTOH, a Feather Popular and a 40's style SuperSpeed are too mild and I get irritation from too many passes.

I just got the 1.05sb with 80mm hollow WRH1. I couldn't be happier. For reference I was using a pre-war Tech and Timeless TI .68SB as daily drivers. The 1.05 is just as smooth but more efficient. I think the .95SB would have been a little too mild for me.

Thanks - good references. Pre-war Techs were my favs for a long time, but somehow I've lost the touch recently. Out of practice I guess.

Not trying to dissuade; but you might be disappointed by the WR1 after experiencing its sequel.
As someone who just got his WR2 and put his name back on the list for a WR1 can you elaborate on why you feel that way? Thanks very much in advance as I don't want to make a mistake.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
As someone who just got his WR2 and put his name back on the list for a WR1 can you elaborate on why you feel that way? Thanks very much in advance as I don't want to make a mistake.
To me, the WR2 is the superior head in that it combines smoothness and efficiency with unparalleled comfort. I tried two iterations of the WR1 head and sold them both. Aesthetics differ, and there’s no mistaking the beauty of the WR1; I just found the WR2 superior in shave qualities. As a very steep shaver (handle almost parallel to the face), the WR2 is, to quote Jack, ‘as good as it gets.’

You won’t be ‘making a mistake’ by purchasing a WR1. It just might collect some dust.

To me, the WR2 is the superior head in that it combines smoothness and efficiency with unparalleled comfort. I tried two iterations of the WR1 head and sold them both. Aesthetics differ, and there’s no mistaking the beauty of the WR1; I just found the WR2 superior in shave qualities. As a very steep shaver (handle almost parallel to the face), the WR2 is, to quote Jack, ‘as good as it gets.’

You won’t be ‘making a mistake’ by purchasing a WR1. It just might collect some dust.

A good explanation. I don't have the WR1 and chose the WR2 based on another post you made. The WR2 is one great razor.

I ordered on 9/6:
WR2-SB with a 1.25mm blade gap
WRH2 (80mm) handle
Basic Polish

my favorite razor lengths are 85mm (Timeless and JAWS) and I was going to order the 90mm handle for fear that the 80mm may feel too small?

From memory i think you also have at least the jaws? do you find the 80mm handle to be balanced well with the solid handle?

I am pretty much going for potentially the exact same config you got, except the blade gap maybe 1.15 or 1.25

sorry if i have already asked you this (cant remember who i have asked to date), but how does the 1.25 gap compare to the JAWS? (if you have it)

my favorite razor lengths are 85mm (Timeless and JAWS) and I was going to order the 90mm handle for fear that the 80mm may feel too small?

From memory i think you also have at least the jaws? do you find the 80mm handle to be balanced well with the solid handle?

I am pretty much going for potentially the exact same config you got, except the blade gap maybe 1.15 or 1.25

sorry if i have already asked you this (cant remember who i have asked to date), but how does the 1.25 gap compare to the JAWS? (if you have it)

I prefer the size of the traditional Gillette handles, so 80mm is about perfect for me. The balance is fine, and I find it slightly more maneuverable than 85mm.

I own the GC84-P and the OC84 and used to own the JAWS. (I liked the OC and JAWS, but preferred the OC slightly.) I initially felt the handles were too long, but got used to them.

I think the Wolfman 1.25 SB is both smoother and more efficient than the JAWS, but the Game Changers are excellent razors. I’m on vacation now and using the GC84-P as my travel razor. Man, that is a nice razor.

WR2
SB 1.15
Polished basic
WRH7 90mm solid polished basic

Ordered on 1/3/20, so I'm sure it will be a while.
I will probably change to 1.05 to have a daily-use razor, and also to the WRH1 or WRH2 for the best grip.

I didn't know if my confirmation went through, so I did the process a second time. I'm hoping that this doesn't get me canceled off the waitlist. :eek6:

I prefer the size of the traditional Gillette handles, so 80mm is about perfect for me. The balance is fine, and I find it slightly more maneuverable than 85mm.

I own the GC84-P and the OC84 and used to own the JAWS. (I liked the OC and JAWS, but preferred the OC slightly.) I initially felt the handles were too long, but got used to them.

I think the Wolfman 1.25 SB is both smoother and more efficient than the JAWS, but the Game Changers are excellent razors. I’m on vacation now and using the GC84-P as my travel razor. Man, that is a nice razor.

Thanks for your insight. I also love my JAWS, never tried the OC, once tried the GC84P and thought it was a little mild but as of late have had a few shaves with a 66 Slim and 73 black beauty and have to say that i dont mind the odd shave with a milder razor so may well end up with the GC 84 P at some stage.

Had a shave this morning with the 66 Slim which has a 80mm handle and found it to be just a touch short and not as easy to maneuver around as my 85mm or 90mm. that may just be due to not being used to it but i think from that experience i may be going for the 90mm wolf handle.

In November I placed and order for:

Wolfman Mirror Polished
WRH1 Handle 90mm
WR2 1.15mm Head
WRA1 Stand

Shortly after placing the order I was lucky to have purchased the same exact configuration from a forum member. The WR2 1.15mm head is excellent. Different shave than my WR1 .74 (which is also great). The one bit of information I can share is in the polishing. The mirror polish while beautiful is only a slight step up from the basic polish. For most people they will be thrilled with the basic polish (and cost savings).

Based on the above I will be changing my Wolfman order (to a configuration more aggressive). Thinking

Wolfman Basic Polished
WRH7 Handle 90mm
WR2 1.45mm Head
WRA1 Stand

Mine came yesterday!! WR2 1.15 basic polish WRH2 handle 90mm solid.
Beautiful razor and super comfortable and efficient. I am very happy with my choice. Glad I did not go for more aggressive as it is plenty efficient for me.

Mine is being made as we speak and will hopefully have it in the next couple of weeks. Ordered nearly the same as yours except for the 1.25 gap.

I have been watching your T95 pass around thread and myself have a timeless SS 0.95 SB and Im curious to know how your 1.15 Wolfman shaves compared to that?

My order was put in a week ago so it’s about 12 months out. I initially ordered wr1 OC with .86 gap in the standard polished finish.

I changed my mind after some further research and emailed Tara to see if she can change it. She said when I receive an email to proceed with my order. I am going to go with a WR2 safety bar head and 1.55 blade gap.

Mine came yesterday!! WR2 1.15 basic polish WRH2 handle 90mm solid.
Beautiful razor and super comfortable and efficient. I am very happy with my choice. Glad I did not go for more aggressive as it is plenty efficient for me.

Congrats! That is the exact configuration that I got, and I agree with your conclusion wholeheartedly. Mine (because everyone loves pics!):

E3E88D28-677B-48BF-B118-93E4436DC3DD.jpeg

Question on gap for anyone who has used the Wolf WR-2 and the Timeless .95. Which WR-2 is closest in efficiency to the T .95. I want one slightly more efficient, i.e., if the parallel is the WR-2 1.25, then I want to order the WR-2 1.35. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Question on gap for anyone who has used the Wolf WR-2 and the Timeless .95. Which WR-2 is closest in efficiency to the T .95. I want one slightly more efficient, i.e., the WR-2 1.25, then I want to order the WR-2 1.35. Thanks in advance for any responses.
To me, the WR2 1.25 exceeds the Timeless in efficiency by a fair margin.

Question on gap for anyone who has used the Wolf WR-2 and the Timeless .95. Which WR-2 is closest in efficiency to the T .95. I want one slightly more efficient, i.e., the WR-2 1.25, then I want to order the WR-2 1.35. Thanks in advance for any responses.

from what i read (countless hours of research) the 1.15 is on par with the timeless 95 and the 1.25 is a step above, without sacrificing much smoothness at all.

I will know shortly for sure and report back but you can take Dan's advice as gospel on the 1.25 gap, he is one of the guys that helped make my decision

Top Bottom