What's new

Slickest soaps out there

I tend to take a little bit in a shaving bowl. Soak my synthetic shortly and start whipping it up. Works for me.

Phoenix Accoutrements CK-6 is easily the slickest soap available. I have the Atmotic and Future Fiction flavors. I have slightly hard water and I get a truly amazing lather from any of Smythe’s CK-6 formula Soaps. They’re not as hard as Stirling, I like Stirling. Declaration Grooming is also excellent.

Already mentioned by a couple others, and I have not tried nearly as many soaps as the vast majority here, but Mike's Natural Soaps have always been a very good performer, very slick for me, and I am very nitpicky about demanding slickness from whatever soap/croap/cream I use.

Already mentioned by a couple others, and I have not tried nearly as many soaps as the vast majority here, but Mike's Natural Soaps have always been a very good performer, very slick for me, and I am very nitpicky about demanding slickness from whatever soap/croap/cream I use.

Mike is one of the longest producing artisans, and I think still one of the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your lather might be underhydrated. Keep adding water and it should explode into a good volume. Only times that I have trouble with Stirling is when I underload or under-hydrate. Also, Yaqi synthetics are excellent performers so that should be relatively easy.
I can only confirm could be a synthetic brush thing (I use them too and they hold less water as a natural) I actually dip my brush in water do not shake it and use about a thumbnail of soap.

bear in mind that some stirlings seem to lather more easily (tea tree is more difficult to get going as for instance lavender which I had this morning).

I found tobs to be very good but just needs a little more water then normal iv herd of some guys going down the arko road aswell

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
As usual with this question, the answer is . . . 30-40 soaps.

Maybe we should ask if there are any soaps that are not slick. The preponderance of "slickest" choices would seem to indicate that there are a great many soaps that are more than slick enough if you get the soap/water ratio right.

Your lather might be underhydrated. Keep adding water and it should explode into a good volume. Only times that I have trouble with Stirling is when I underload or under-hydrate. Also, Yaqi synthetics are excellent performers so that should be relatively easy.
Thanks. I thought that hydration might be the problem, the lather is acceptable in the first pass but thins out easily in the next two passes.

The brush seems kinda empty after finishing the second pass, if I load more I must face lather all over again and it doesn't feel much comfortable on a freshly shaved face. I did it once, although the tuxedo is soft I had some irritations and the lather became more thick than I needed to be, so I couldn't catch the left over hairs!

The Yaqis that I have (5) are all excellent values!

Thanks. I thought that hydration might be the problem, the lather is acceptable in the first pass but thins out easily in the next two passes.

The brush seems kinda empty after finishing the second pass, if I load more I must face lather all over again and it doesn't feel much comfortable on a freshly shaved face. I did it once, although the tuxedo is soft I had some irritations and the lather became more thick than I needed to be, so I couldn't catch the left over hairs!

The Yaqis that I have (5) are all excellent values!
That's a common problem I have with boars as they eat up the lather for days but not so much with synthetics. Hope you get a better lathering session for the next shave!

I hear declaration, wholly kaw, zing air and b&m a ton. I just bought several different scents to try of declaration! Wholly kaw I await entropy man scent due later this month to try it. Although king of bourbon sounds like it will smell great they haven’t made it in their newest line yet. Zingari nomad scent on the way to my house. So I will let you know more once I try them all!

I hear declaration, wholly kaw, zing air and b&m a ton. I just bought several different scents to try of declaration! Wholly kaw I await entropy man scent due later this month to try it. Although king of bourbon sounds like it will smell great they haven’t made it in their newest line yet. Zingari nomad scent on the way to my house. So I will let you know more once I try them all!
To be sure, I got the Bare Siero not to mess with Sri's scents, none of them was pleasant for me.

The soap smells like dry cat food once opened but if you air it a while it disappears.

Excellent package, hefty jar with great lid and stickers. Professional job from skincare magician master Sri.

That's a common problem I have with boars as they eat up the lather for days but not so much with synthetics. Hope you get a better lathering session for the next shave!
Should I scoop out a decent amount of soap and load in a separate bowl and add water from there?

BUT:
I find that when bowl lathering I can't control the amount of water, also it takes more time..

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Should I scoop out a decent amount of soap and load in a separate bowl and add water from there?

BUT:
I find that when bowl lathering I can't control the amount of water, also it takes more time..

Stirling works for me. But if it isn’t working for you and bowl lathering is bothersome, try this: scoop out a tablespoon and form it into a lump. Let it air out a day or so, then use it like a stick. Face lather and see what you get. Just a suggestion, I don’t know the answer. If it works for you, just form it all into a roll up tube and you’re good to go. You can always push the lump back into the tub too.

I’m a SR user so I’m all about slick.

Creams, most all of the Italian creams are extremely slick, ABC, AdP (current yellow-tub version is best of the last 3), I Coloniali Rhubarb (disc), XPEC, Santa Maria Novella is a staple, non-Italian, AoS and Dior Eau Savage are pretty good.

Soaps and croaps, I Coloniali Mango Oil takes the prize, though it makes a thinner lather and has been discontinued. But very close in performance is Pre de Provence and it can be had cheaply. ABC hard soap is excellent. 3P is very good and very cheap by the brick. Stirling is good, as is Valobra tallow (AoS tallow, Czech and Speake),

Top Bottom