What's new

Slickest soaps out there

Yep another one for MdC. Skin food is lacking, and it's post-shave is drying for my skin, but the slickness and ease of lather is superb.

If all you are looking for in a soap is slickness and ease of lathering, there are many options less expensive than MdC. I know many people claim that the cost per shave is inexpensive. However, ARKO is quite slick and easy to lather and very cheap. I cannot imagine MdC is less expensive per shave than ARKO. However, I do not use either soap as my skin cannot tolerate a dry feeling after the shave.

Looks like from the past 2 months in the artisan soap world, that the slickest soaps are from the newest bases from:

-Declaration Grooming (Milksteak)
-Murphy & McNeil (Kodiak)
-Wholly Kaw (Siero)
-Zingari Man (Sego)
-Arianna & Evans (Strained Yogurt)
-Grooming Department (Nai)

I'm sure there are others out there I'm forgetting from B&M, Shannon's, SS, etc.....
You have done your homework and spent some money on some good soaps.Its kinda funny some of these guys say some of cheapest poor soaps are the best.Good artisan soaps are better no matter what these guys who want to shave and spend nothing and not try well crafted soaps.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I recently picked up Cremo's shave stick.
cremocoolingshavestick.jpg

Slick as an eel. Incredible residual slickness.

I recently picked up Cremo's shave stick.
View attachment 1251839

Slick as an eel. Incredible residual slickness.

I have not use the Cremo shave stick, but the Cremo cream is the only shave soap or cream under $10 that I will use. Nothing else in that price range comes close in performance. I do love my premium artisan shave soaps, but when traveling I always pack a tube of Cremo. I might have to try the shave stick if they have a suitable scent.

I presume the "Cooling Formula" contains menthol which won't work with my skin. Even the synthetic cooling agents used in some soaps cause irritation, but not as much as menthol. Do they have other scents?

I have not use the Cremo shave stick, but the Cremo cream is the only shave soap or cream under $10 that I will use. Nothing else in that price range comes close in performance. I do love my premium artisan shave soaps, but when traveling I always pack a tube of Cremo. I might have to try the shave stick if they have a suitable scent.

I presume the "Cooling Formula" contains menthol which won't work with my skin. Even the synthetic cooling agents used in some soaps cause irritation, but not as much as menthol. Do they have other scents?

Yes, several. All of them are nice. Try coconut mango, it's an interesting summer scent. These sticks are very good.

Yes, several. All of them are nice. Try coconut mango, it's an interesting summer scent. These sticks are very good.

I think I will try to pick up the Cremo shave stick in original scent. My face won't tolerate the menthol and I am not all that fond of the mango. Although it is designed for the ladies, I like the Lavender scent in the cream tube. I wish they had the Sandalwood scent in the stick.

Top Bottom