What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

I see. Exscent isn't in the dictionary. Sorry.
I thought it was supposed to be a unique word, not in the dictionary. I'm confused.

Nevermind, I got it. I can't use Descent because someone already used it. I thought you meant it had to be word with -scent that is not in the dictionary. Give me a sec, haha.

1. Azbronco: Adolescent Overkill
2. CzechCzar: Glabrescent acquiescent
3. GaryTha: Pubescent Peach Phuzz (Not eligible to win)
4. Sotiris_A: Italian descent, inspired by Acqua di Parma colonia (not playing for PIF)
5. Ruckin: Concupiscent Cream
6. Mr_Houston: Luminescent, glow-in-the-dark lather soap
7. Azwetshaver: Transluscent Lover (not in PIF)
8. Ryanshh: Pearlescent- Shiney soap that smells like clamshells and oil slicks (not playing for PIF)
9. Atlantic59: Phosphorescent Mint- "It glows and it tingles! "
10. Timeclo: Exscent of the tormented - Earthy, smoky, and motor oil notes mixed with a touch of vanilla and Stank.
11. Emwolf: Barbershop Reminiscent--It smells something like the famous barbershop scent you used to remember.
12. pbrmhl: Obsolescent #1--The first version is a direct copy of Brut Lotion by Faberge, Joe Namath era.
13. T.Orso: Indeescent - memories of sniffer’s row. (Not in for the PIF)
14. ShavingPanda: Concrescence or Concrescent - a wonderful aroma of concrete and earth.
15. Carm10: Cognoscente - Smell of old books, leather bindings, coffee, and tobacco.
16. JAHE: Next Scentury - the soap that frankly lasts forever! (not playing for PIF)
17. Jim99: Ascent to Greatness - The scent of power, fame and money!
18. It's Hedley: Monty Python's Frutescent Shaving Soap the fragrance, bouquet, aroma of a "shrubbery".(not in PIF)
19. Pepin: Viridescent a coppery green liquid, scents of wet rocks, copper ore, moss, and the jungle after a rainstorm.
20. Bobmsp:Crescent City: the smoke and spiciness of jambalaya. (Not in PIF)
21 Raven Koenes: Rosey Cheek's Icy/Hot Menthol and Habanero Shaving Soap with matching Splash. Scent of Habanero, Menthol, and Burnt Leather. (not in pif).
22. Chesty: Nascent No Scent, for the discreet newbie.

4. Sotiris_A: Italian descent, inspired by Acqua di Parma colonia (not playing for PIF)
8. Ryanshh: Pearlescent- Shiney soap that smells like clamshells and oil slicks (not playing for PIF)
10. Timeclo: Incalescent Dryad - Bright citrus notes mixed with pine, dirt, and sequoia.
11. Emwolf: Barbershop Reminiscent--It smells something like the famous barbershop scent you used to remember.
12. pbrmhl: Obsolescent #1--The first version is a direct copy of Brut Lotion by Faberge, Joe Namath era.
14. ShavingPanda: Concrescence or Concrescent - a wonderful aroma of concrete and earth.
15. Carm10: Cognoscente - Smell of old books, leather bindings, coffee, and tobacco.
16. JAHE: Next Scentury - the soap that frankly lasts forever! (not playing for PIF)
18. It's Hedley: Monty Python's Frutescent Shaving Soap the fragrance, bouquet, aroma of a "shrubbery".(not in PIF)
19. Pepin: Viridescent a coppery green liquid, scents of wet rocks, copper ore, moss, and the jungle after a rainstorm.
21 Raven Koenes: Rosey Cheek's Icy/Hot Menthol and Habanero Shaving Soap with matching Splash. Scent of Habanero, Menthol, and Burnt Leather. (not in pif).

I already have an entry but i may grow to resent this line of thinking :a30:

Ruckin (still in but cooking jambalaya so my mind might be a bit fuzzy)

10. Timeclo: Incalescent Dryad - Bright citrus notes mixed with pine, dirt, and sequoia.
16. JAHE: Scenthound Soap -track that smell!

Only consolidated the list.
Pls proceed with the latest list only.

We stil need more entries...

Hi,

No, I wasn't entering the PIF. I never enter PiFs. I just tossed out La Octane for the fun of it.

Stan

Hi,

Oh, and racing fuel, that is the triple distilled stuff, has a very different scent than the stuff gas stations sell. Also, the exhaust has a very different scent as well. I have spent many days smelling of it, for sure. ;)

I keep some on hand here at the farm. The 100 unleaded is great for the two-strokes (chain saws, weed whackers, etc). The 110 leaded gets used in old tractors with updraft carbs. They run too lean for modern pump fuels. Hard to start and tend to crack spark plugs. Iuse the 100 straight and the 110 I mix with 93 pump gas to make 100 low lead.

Stan - still waiting for my number 83

23. Neffarious: I got 99 sCents: for those who miss the Dollar General Old Spice.

23. Neffarious: I got 99 sCents: for those who miss the Dollar General Old Spice.

Unfortunately, the word Scent was used in the name above. Creating a plural is not permitted. Sorry about that.

Stan you may be waiting awhile to get your number. And as for tossing fuel on the fire so to speak another alternative for small motors (chainsaw, lawnmower, airplane tugs... ) is avgas (100LL). Part of every preflight the fuel tanks are checked for water. Some planes have just two places to do this while others have 14 (or more) due to the low spots were water can accumulate. In the old days folks just dumped the small amount of fuel on the ground. I hear that some folks put it in an approved container and it has been known to find its way into all sorts of non-DOT engines.

SOTD (# 03/2020)
05-01-2020
20200105_115805-01.jpeg
Preshave: Proraso White preshave cream
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Calani "Oriental Plum"
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 109
Blade: Wilkonson Sword /Germany (1)
Postshave: ice cold german tap water, Majestät Aftershave...

... a very comfortable shave with my birth year black beauty, with only a few minor touch ups (bbs) ### settings: wtg/xtg on setting 5, atg on setting 7. ### this was the first time I altered the setting in the atg-pass to a more aggressive setting resulting in a less tugging and very enjoyable / efficient 3rd pass. I will follow up to see if I can achieve stable results with this change ###

JAHE - heading towards the ferry!

24. Heron (not in for the PIF): Indehiscent: smells like that one pistachio in the bag with an unsplit shell

My first use of a new to me Fendrihan Bay (picked it up in December). Used a lab blue blade. 8 hours later and I'm just starting to feel stubble.

Top Bottom