What's new

What Tobacco Are You Trying For The First Time?

Trying out some Watch City Cigars blends. First is the newly released Rouxgaroux. Then, new to me, Churchwarden and Aromatic #7. I have liked all of Ernie Q's blends thus far. From the pouch notes, these will be no different.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
First smoke of this blend. While the tin note is what I would describe as a Latakia bomb, the smoke was pleasantly tame in this regard. I had more than a few re-lights. Perhaps the tobacco was more moist than I gave it credit for.

1644542D-2FF7-4E72-A1F7-699A9E0E3711.jpeg

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
So the aroma from the tin is amazing. Smells like a package of Swiss Miss powdered hot chocolate. It comes quite dry in the tin. Sadly I am not tasting anything that was in the tin aroma. It’s pretty flat and plain.
3953DEA1-B541-404E-9101-3D2FCAD3D87E.jpeg

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Lane RLP 6

This one is interesting. Took almost a 1/4-1/2 a bowl for it to open up and some sweetness to hit the palate overall a good tasting aromatic, but I am having a little trouble picking up a specific flavor. I picked up an ounce, so I’ll work through that

So the aroma from the tin is amazing. Smells like a package of Swiss Miss powdered hot chocolate. It comes quite dry in the tin. Sadly I am not tasting anything that was in the tin aroma. It’s pretty flat and plain. View attachment 1036851
You got a dry one... :( It is cocoa-y and sweet with a hint of vanilla like marshmallow.
H&H Burley Kake is chocolatey and able to be picked up anytime. It needs crumbled, dried and not packed too tightly but is regarded nicely among a few of us here.

I like Corn Cob Pipe. I'm staring at an 8oz tin on my desk. But the 2-2oz tins I had were also 2016. So is the 8 oz tin. Maybe you got a dry batch. You can always try adding a few drops of distilled water to the tin, sealing it up and letting it sit for a few days or a week and see if it moistens up.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
L.J. Peretti Thanksgiving Day Blend Friend gifted me 2oz of this blend. I can’t say I like it. It was very floral and perfume esq

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I have a nice order in for some Boswell Northwoods. I have smoked a truckload of his blends over the years, and they are all well-crafted. This one is a slightly aromatic hybrid English with a touch of sweetness and a stronger American undercurrent. It should be a decided change of pace for me as I burn through the last couple ounces of my decade old stash of Magnum Opus. This time of year, I must have some English (hybrid or otherwise) around as the old C9 lights come out of the attic.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I actually smoked Lane 1Q last night. One bowl and it made my mouth a bit numb. Ive always read that this is a fool proof tobacco. Didnt care much for the lack of flavor either.

Working through some Boswell tobaccos. So far, Dan's blend is the top of the list. Nice and mild with a sweet finish. I also received black cherry, raspberry cream, vanilla cream, maple leaf, mild english, pipers pleasure, sweet & mild, and berry cobbler. Definitely high quality tobacco very well blended!

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Working through some Boswell tobaccos. So far, Dan's blend is the top of the list. Nice and mild with a sweet finish. I also received black cherry, raspberry cream, vanilla cream, maple leaf, mild english, pipers pleasure, sweet & mild, and berry cobbler. Definitely high quality tobacco very well blended!

First-line pipe tobaccos, and a first-class family operation. A real joy to deal with and smoke.

His are a little more creative and colorful than some other more traditionalist blenders. But if you want a straight down-the-middle English, he's got that, too. He never cuts corners.

If you like aromatics, try the Bear Blend, and his first blend ever, Pennsylvania Dutch Treat. Two very different cherries. Both are a more delicate natural cherry, not the overpowering artificial cherry of cheaper blends. The second one will have even the most tobacco-resistant wife asking you back inside with it.

I only wish the taxes weren't so ridiculous anymore. For a PA buyer, the combined taxes total up to around 20% or higher, depending on the blend base price. Ten ounces of his premium blends are now nipping $70 delivered.

I hope you enjoy yours.

First-line pipe tobaccos, and a first-class family operation. A real joy to deal with and smoke.

His are a little more creative and colorful than some other more traditionalist blenders. But if you want a straight down-the-middle English, he's got that, too. He never cuts corners.

If you like aromatics, try the Bear Blend, and his first blend ever, Pennsylvania Dutch Treat. Two very different cherries. Both are a more delicate natural cherry, not the overpowering artificial cherry of cheaper blends. The second one will have even the most tobacco-resistant wife asking you back inside with it.

I only wish the taxes weren't so ridiculous anymore. For a PA buyer, the combined taxes total up to around 20% or higher, depending on the blend base price. Ten ounces of his premium blends are now nipping $70 delivered.

I hope you enjoy yours.

Thanks for the recommendations. I will definitely add both of these to my next Boswell order.

I picked up both of your suggestions. Bear Blend is nice but Pennsylvania Dutch Treat is fantastic! One of the best cherry aeromatics I have tried! Will definately be placing a larger order. Thank you for the recomendation.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I picked up both of your suggestions. Bear Blend is nice but Pennsylvania Dutch Treat is fantastic! One of the best cherry aeromatics I have tried! Will definately be placing a larger order. Thank you for the recomendation.

Glad to hear one was a home run. I smoke the Dutch Treat myself, more so around the holidays, and have a lot of it cellared away going back at least a decade. It’s got a chocolate undercurrent, which gives it some depth. Mrs. Columbo and all the girl folk really love when that one is burning. A superlative room note.

Solano Silver Flake is some good stuff. Was able to be walked by my two dogs while puffing away. Didn't need to swab with a pipe cleaner nor relight. Would recommend and smoke again. 😁

I just finished my first of many of this one. I can't put my finger on what exactly I'm smelling & tasting, but I really like it. It certainly has a taste that sets it apart.
Deertongue. Herb. Quite unique in smokable consumables. LJ Peretti have some blends with it with a higher content. I love them more. I still only smoke Crooner in my Sav Bing....

Top Bottom