What's new

Slickest soaps out there

Cremogena Jars.jpg

ToBS is almost as slick as Cremogena; Cremogena Plus is even slicker. It's the same 1:1 Cremo:Neutrogena, plus additional glycerine added.

I always had considered Pre Shaves to be snake oil, I nevertheless, tried Proraso Green Pre shave - It works. Reading around on a couple of Forums, Noxzema was mentioned - specifically the Walmart Generic brand of Noxzema cream. Ant it's under $23 for a YUGE tub of the stuff. It works! Not one to leave tings alone, I added some kokum butter, avocado oil and an emulsifier & it works as well or maybe better than my jar of Proraso.
I would think that shea butter, jojoba, or even crisco would be ascceptable substitutes, or even avocado oil alone, or even olive oil.

Looks like from the past 2 months in the artisan soap world, that the slickest soaps are from the newest bases from:

-Declaration Grooming (Milksteak)
-Murphy & McNeil (Kodiak)
-Wholly Kaw (Siero)
-Zingari Man (Sego)
-Arianna & Evans (Strained Yogurt)
-Grooming Department (Nai)

I'm sure there are others out there I'm forgetting from B&M, Shannon's, SS, etc.....

I always had considered Pre Shaves to be snake oil, I nevertheless, tried Proraso Green Pre shave - It works. Reading around on a couple of Forums, Noxzema was mentioned - specifically the Walmart Generic brand of Noxzema cream. Ant it's under $23 for a YUGE tub of the stuff. It works! Not one to leave tings alone, I added some kokum butter, avocado oil and an emulsifier & it works as well or maybe better than my jar of Proraso.
I would think that shea butter, jojoba, or even crisco would be ascceptable substitutes, or even avocado oil alone, or even olive oil.
Edit to read: under $3

Stirling
Soapy Science
DG Bison
Captain's Choice soaps

Also, a wild card, Cremo. More of a cream but it's very concentrated.

Stirling
MWF
Wickham 1912
Mike’s
Cella
Tabac

I do tend to find these slicker too as they hold more water before reaching the breaking point. The artisans tend to have more skin nourishing properties than slickness itself and usually hold less water in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom