What's new

Two-pound brisket ... oven cooking ideas??

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Moose is on the menu for tomorrow.
1574787402530.png

Squirrel for dessert?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It's happening like this;

2lb Moose loin.
1 large Sweet onion, they didnt have Vidalia.
5 large parsnips, halved.
5 large carrots, peeled.
Several small white potatoes, whole.
1 bottle pickled cocktail onions.
1 can baby potatoes.
1oz...or so, Blantons Single Barrel bourbon.

Onion sliced and in the pan with about 4oz's olive oil, garlic and Rosemary. The meat is fresh frozen so a lot of blood came out of it which also went in the pan.

IMG_3158.jpg

Meat rolled and rubbed in black pepper, paprika, rock salt and on the onion with parsley sprinkled over it.

IMG_3159.jpg

Parsnips in, then in the oven at 300F.

IMG_3160.jpg

Two hours after it went in I'll add the whole peeled carrots and some water. After two more hours I'll add the whole potatoes and let it cook for at least 2 more hours checking and adding water as necessary.

After about 7 hours total, I'll add the baby potatoes, cocktail onions and make a gravy. Once the gravy is made I'll add it back into the pan with a shot or two of bourbon for another 30 minutes or so and let it boil all that brazed goodness from the bottom of the pan.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The finished product.

IMG_3162.JPG

I should have skipped the cocktail onions but they sure made the gravy tangy. Makers Mark was closer so thats what I used, a couple glugs from the bottle.

The meat is so tender I can barely pick it up. Even with a spatula it just falls apart. So there it is, Makers Mark Moose!

IMG_3163.JPG

Top Bottom