What's new

It's All Relative

I got into a discussion with my wife. She saw me looking at Wolfman Razors and some expensive shave brushes and said I would be crazy to spend that much for such implements. I then asked her if she felt the same way about spending $1,300+ for a Louis Vuitton handbag. I won the argument - but she sure was quiet at dinner tonight! :001_huh:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I got into a discussion with my wife. She saw me looking at Wolfman Razors and some expensive shave brushes and said I would be crazy to spend that much for such implements. I then asked her if she felt the same way about spending $1,300+ for a Louis Vuitton handbag. I won the argument - but she sure was quiet at dinner tonight! :001_huh:
Well played!!

Yep! Been there, done that!

My main suggestion is to figure out, ‘What will ‘make it up to her?” Options: dinner, chocolate, travel??

Well I look at it this way. Do you drive a used Toyota, a new Corolla, a Camry or a Lexus, all vehicles from the same manufacturer? Every car manufacturer has similar tiers, so this is just an example for argument's sake.

Maybe you only drive used cars. If so, vintage Gillettes would be right up you alley.

If you drive a new Corolla, then Parker, Merkur and Edwin Jagger make razors for you. They get the job done with no frills.

If you drive a Camry, then Muhle, Merkur Futur, Rockwell 6S, Karve Brass or the new EJ 3one6 are your type of razors. They are good, solid performer with some added amenities.

If you have to have a late model Lexus with all the bells and whistles, Timeless, Wolfman, Rex Supply, Karve SS, Blackland, and other luxury brands will make you happy, at least until something new hits the market.

If ayour wife has a $1200 designer purse, I suspect she also drives a luxury car, so you are likely to be in the later group.

Just curious,what was for dinner?
1571322130689.png

Actually, dinner was quite good. And yes, I got "that look." However, everything is good this a.m.

Top Bottom