What's new

RazoRock Game Changer .84 - Very Impressed

The gc is still my favorite razor. Used it tonight for a dfs. I wonder if it will still be #1 when the Timeless shows up?
Either way I dig the Gamechanger.

The gc is still my favorite razor. Used it tonight for a dfs. I wonder if it will still be #1 when the Timeless shows up?
Either way I dig the Gamechanger.

That would be great for me to know as well. I'm looking at some timeless but they are a tad expensive for me.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

I'm very impressed with the RazoRock Game Changer .84 which is very very close to the Karve Christopher Bradley 'C' base plate (0.85mm) less than 0.01mm aggression rate against the Game Changer 0.84mm, I cannot fault both razors in my den, because, they're both shave very very much the same side by side as a daily driver. Both Karve in Brass and Stainless Steel and also the RazoRock Game Changer .84 are all very smooth close shaver in my den and a real keeper.

I'm very impressed with the RazoRock Game Changer .84 which is very very close to the Karve Christopher Bradley 'C' base plate (0.85mm) less than 0.01mm aggression rate against the Game Changer 0.84mm, I cannot fault both razors in my den, because, they're both shave very very much the same side by side as a daily driver. Both Karve in Brass and Stainless Steel and also the RazoRock Game Changer .84 are all very smooth close shaver in my den and a real keeper.

Both great, smooth razors, for sure. However, I think you’re confusing blade gap with “aggression rate”. Blade gap, which is indeed nearly identical between the GC84 and the Karve C plate, is only one of multiple factors that determine a razor’s level of aggressiveness.

What exactly is aggression rate? Did you mean he got blade gap confused with blade exposure?

Great question. I was quoting his terminology. I’m not exactly sure what “aggression rate” is, but he was using the term to refer to blade gap.

Based on opinions of efficiency and comfort I took the plunge and just had my first shave. I used a Viking blade which isn't ultra sharp like a Feather or Kai just out of precaution. Had no problem loading the blade, snug but easy. Got a very smooth shave, almost BBS with just one pass, and no problems with being too aggressive. Love the construction and feel, look forward using it in the future, seems to be the new favorite. Thanks to all that supplied input to pull the trigger!

The Gamechanger just continues to go about its business without much fanfare. And it delivers every time. The .84 JAWS is the more efficient feeling razor of the trio that I have (don’t own the regular OC version, yet), the .84 & .68 GC’s but, for me the .84 is the easiest and best all around shaver of the bunch for my shaving needs. Efficient yet, still smooth on the skin. Outstanding performers all of them and the value is virtually unmatched in the wet shaving world imo....

A603C73E-3201-4173-AADE-A5657EB90310.jpeg

My Razo Rock Game Changer .84 is one of the best shavers I have owned to date in all the years I have been Whet Shaving. Great smooth irritation free BBS Shaves with the .84 plate. The .68 was a very good shaver but the .84 takes it to the next level as said for me.

The .84 on the other hand does the job quick and oh so sweet and smooth with no irritation.

The Razo Rock Stainless Steel Game Changer razor for the price and quality in my opinion is hands down the best value in a quality razor out there.

All The Best Everyone,
Bill G

I used the Jaws for the first time this morning after a couple months of using the GC OC, which has been hands down the best razor I’ve ever used and I shave with it daily. I replaced the titanium halo handle on the Jaws with the 80mm TiBam New York I’ve come to favor on the standard OC. I also used a GSB which is my go to blade and CRSW Vetiver Fresco which is the only soap I use when it’s available.

During the shave I didn’t notice any real difference in comfort between the Jaws and the OC, blade feel was also about on par as far as I could tell. I did get the perception that the Jaws was slightly more efficient, particularly under my chin/jawline and neck where I only do a 2 pass shave and avoid going ATG. I didn’t have any nicks or weepers and was very satisfied with the result of the shave.

As the day progressed into the afternoon my face did feel a little rough along the jawline, hardly noticeable, but no visual signs of irritation or anything. It isn't something I have experienced with the standard OC though, and just wanted to make mention of it. I will say that after the first pass I may have gotten a bit too comfortable and shaved with the Jaws the same way I have been with the OC. I’ll give another go at it tomorrow and pay more attention to angle and pressure and see if I still have the same feeling or develop any burn or irritation (which would surprise me if that’s the case).

Either way, I was pleasantly surprised by the razor’s performance. Time will tell if it will replace the standard GC OC as my daily driver.

proxy.php

proxy.php

And the trusty GC OC

proxy.php

I used the Jaws for the first time this morning after a couple months of using the GC OC, which has been hands down the best razor I’ve ever used and I shave with it daily. I replaced the titanium halo handle on the Jaws with the 80mm TiBam New York I’ve come to favor on the standard OC. I also used a GSB which is my go to blade and CRSW Vetiver Fresco which is the only soap I use when it’s available.

During the shave I didn’t notice any real difference in comfort between the Jaws and the OC, blade feel was also about on par as far as I could tell. I did get the perception that the Jaws was slightly more efficient, particularly under my chin/jawline and neck where I only do a 2 pass shave and avoid going ATG. I didn’t have any nicks or weepers and was very satisfied with the result of the shave.

As the day progressed into the afternoon my face did feel a little rough along the jawline, hardly noticeable, but no visual signs of irritation or anything. It isn't something I have experienced with the standard OC though, and just wanted to make mention of it. I will say that after the first pass I may have gotten a bit too comfortable and shaved with the Jaws the same way I have been with the OC. I’ll give another go at it tomorrow and pay more attention to angle and pressure and see if I still have the same feeling or develop any burn or irritation (which would surprise me if that’s the case).

Either way, I was pleasantly surprised by the razor’s performance. Time will tell if it will replace the standard GC OC as my daily driver.

proxy.php

proxy.php

And the trusty GC OC

proxy.php

Keep in mind that you have to take into account the wider teeth spacing of the JAWS OC plate. It actually allows for more skin contact over the standard OC plate. So, in theory you would need a lighter touch as you’re getting more blade feel and reveal to your skin. That could definitely account for the semi post-shave harshness that you were feeling.

Nice write up and do keep us posted on your JAWS Shave journey....

Keep in mind that you have to take into account the wider teeth spacing of the JAWS OC plate. It actually allows for more skin contact over the standard OC plate. So, in theory you would need a lighter touch as you’re getting more blade feel and reveal to your skin. That could definitely account for the semi post-shave harshness that you were feeling.

Nice write up and do keep us posted on your JAWS Shave journey....

Yes those are exactly my thoughts. Shaving with the standard OC is just so effortless (as far as DE razors go) I think I got a bit reckless after the initial pass when I didn’t notice much difference in face feel. I’ll let you know how tomorrow goes.

proxy.php

proxy.php

And the trusty GC OC

proxy.php

I really like that handle it is sweet.

All The Best,
Bill G

Quick update from me on the Jaws vs OC comparison... I shaved 3 days in a row with the Jaws using a GSB and the titanium TiBam handle. All three shaves I used CRSW Vetiver Fresco soap. On the first day there was a slight amount of harshness, barely perceivable but there nonetheless, so on day 2 I really paid attention to angle and pressure. I also switched it up to see what kind of results I could get with a 2 pass shave instead of 3 like I do with the standard OC. First pass was WTG, 2nd pass was a XTG/ATG hybrid above the jawline and just XTG below the jawline. The result was damn near as good as a full 3 pass shave, again I didn’t notice any palpable “aggressive” feel during the shave, and no weepers or cuts. I repeated the same on day 3 and had the same result, neither day produced that harshness I felt on day 1 so I chalked it up to being too comfortable with the razor on the first shave.

That being said, I switched back to the OC this morning and back to a full 3 pass shave as I normally do, same soap and same handle. I have a hard time really putting my finger on what it is about this razor, but it is just so effortless and comfortable to use I hardly even have to think about technique with it at this point.

So, I’m still at a wash between them. The Jaws can get the job done in less time, but requires a little more concentration. This is not something I always want to do when I have to shave at 4am 3 days out of the week. On the other hand the standard OC takes an extra pass (it could also “do the job” in 2 passes but not as cleanly as the Jaws, so I go for a 3rd) but it’s more effortless to use and more comfortable.

I’m a minimalist as far as wet shavers go, I typically don’t hang on to equipment or products that aren’t my absolute favorite because I have a tendency to just reach for what I like best. However, I’m at a bit of a loss at this point because I definitely see each potentially filling a role for me. Either way, I’m not ready to call it yet so I’ll continue testing them both out. I usually shave Saturday afternoon/night so I’ll have a good day and a half worth of growth to try them on tomorrow. I may do a head to head comparison and see what comes of it. Also considering throwing a Voskhod into the Jaws and see how that goes.

Quick update from me on the Jaws vs OC comparison... I shaved 3 days in a row with the Jaws using a GSB and the titanium TiBam handle. All three shaves I used CRSW Vetiver Fresco soap. On the first day there was a slight amount of harshness, barely perceivable but there nonetheless, so on day 2 I really paid attention to angle and pressure. I also switched it up to see what kind of results I could get with a 2 pass shave instead of 3 like I do with the standard OC. First pass was WTG, 2nd pass was a XTG/ATG hybrid above the jawline and just XTG below the jawline. The result was damn near as good as a full 3 pass shave, again I didn’t notice any palpable “aggressive” feel during the shave, and no weepers or cuts. I repeated the same on day 3 and had the same result, neither day produced that harshness I felt on day 1 so I chalked it up to being too comfortable with the razor on the first shave.

That being said, I switched back to the OC this morning and back to a full 3 pass shave as I normally do, same soap and same handle. I have a hard time really putting my finger on what it is about this razor, but it is just so effortless and comfortable to use I hardly even have to think about technique with it at this point.

So, I’m still at a wash between them. The Jaws can get the job done in less time, but requires a little more concentration. This is not something I always want to do when I have to shave at 4am 3 days out of the week. On the other hand the standard OC takes an extra pass (it could also “do the job” in 2 passes but not as cleanly as the Jaws, so I go for a 3rd) but it’s more effortless to use and more comfortable.

I’m a minimalist as far as wet shavers go, I typically don’t hang on to equipment or products that aren’t my absolute favorite because I have a tendency to just reach for what I like best. However, I’m at a bit of a loss at this point because I definitely see each potentially filling a role for me. Either way, I’m not ready to call it yet so I’ll continue testing them both out. I usually shave Saturday afternoon/night so I’ll have a good day and a half worth of growth to try them on tomorrow. I may do a head to head comparison and see what comes of it. Also considering throwing a Voskhod into the Jaws and see how that goes.

I also have both the OC and jaws and for a bit thought I would let one go but for how much I enjoy both of them and how inexpensive they were it’s hard to decide to actually sell one. I also have the.84 sb on its way with a mamba 70. Razorock products are just so tempting all the time

I also have both the OC and jaws and for a bit thought I would let one go but for how much I enjoy both of them and how inexpensive they were it’s hard to decide to actually sell one. I also have the.84 sb on its way with a mamba 70. Razorock products are just so tempting all the time

What are your thoughts on the Jaws vs OC?

Thank you. It really feels just as good as it looks (IMO). The knurling and concave areas make for a very natural feeling grip right where your fingers land.

I am going to use the Timeless Polished Titanium handle 85mm length & 14mm dia on my Razo Rock .84 Game Changer. ( I have this handle in the matt finish on my Timeless .95 Titanium S/B scalloped razor). The Titanium will keep things light but give me a handle size that I like a lot. The polished Titanium handle will go nicely with the Razo Rock Game Changers base plate and cap.

In the Pic below from Timeless web page you will see the handle I am talking about in the polished finish. I just purchased it today and will be receiving it soon..

All The Best,
Bill G

untitled.png

Top Bottom