What's new

RazoRock Game Changer .84 - Very Impressed

By the way, connaught shaving has GC with light titanium handle, that I could not locate on Italian barber web site.
okay I found it, sold out. Unfortunately.

Hello wet shavers. I have just purchased a Game Changer .84 open comb and I love it. ı moved up from a DE89. The .84 feel more aggressive than the DE89 but it doesn't leave any irritation. I use an Astra SP in the .84. Compared to the DE89 I only need a 2 pass shave with the .84.

I have a hard time with slightly aggressive razors but you are 100% spot on with RazoRock- I use the DE89, but the RazoRock MJ-90A is a steel and aluminum upgrade, the .84 Game Changer I use occasionally but for me the .68 Game Changer is heaven. RazoRock uses 316 stainless and they keen prices low - Many of their razors rank as my absolute favorites! For my skin, an MJ-90A with the awesome Halo handle, the .68 Game Changer with Super Knurl, Mamba 70 and Rockwell 6S on a 3 plate are the only razors I would ever need - although as many of us do, I have dozens from all different makes!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
I purchased a Rockwell 6S a year or so ago, and found it to be a fantastic razor. So much so, that I purchased a 6C for my firehouse use. I received a RazoRock GC .84 about 3 weeks ago...and I can't put the dang thing down! Paired up with a 7 o'clock yellow or an Iridium....this thing rocks!!

I picked up a .68 baseplate a couple weeks ago and have a .84 baseplate and cap coming now, all lightly used. I hope this isn't all just hype. But for the what I paid, you really can't go wrong.

I picked up a .68 baseplate a couple weeks ago and have a .84 baseplate and cap coming now, all lightly used. I hope this isn't all just hype. But for the what I paid, you really can't go wrong.
I have been super impressed. When I started DE shaving I bought the standards, Merkur, Edwin Jagger and Muehle. Then I saw how expensive the all stainless razors were and I did order Timeless and ATT - when I heard RazoRock offered a higher grade of stainless at low prices I thought there must have been some gimmick! So I ordered an MJ-90A, a .68 and a .84 and a Mamba 70...and now I have dozens in all different handle configurations. A very very good product for sure and one interesting note - RazoRock talks a lot about tolerances. I compared my Charcoal Level 2 to my Mamba and Game Changer - wouldn’t you know it, with the cap sitting in the plate with no blade and handle, The Razo’s don’t wiggle at all, the Charcoal does. My Timeless, ATT and Rex have no wiggle either but it’s kind of amazing that a $50-$70 razor is a a tight as a drum..

I have been super impressed. When I started DE shaving I bought the standards, Merkur, Edwin Jagger and Muehle. Then I saw how expensive the all stainless razors were and I did order Timeless and ATT - when I heard RazoRock offered a higher grade of stainless at low prices I thought there must have been some gimmick! So I ordered an MJ-90A, a .68 and a .84 and a Mamba 70...and now I have dozens in all different handle configurations. A very very good product for sure and one interesting note - RazoRock talks a lot about tolerances. I compared my Charcoal Level 2 to my Mamba and Game Changer - wouldn’t you know it, with the cap sitting in the plate with no blade and handle, The Razo’s don’t wiggle at all, the Charcoal does. My Timeless, ATT and Rex have no wiggle either but it’s kind of amazing that a $50-$70 razor is a a tight as a drum..
I have been VERY pleased with the new Hawk stainless, so I have high hopes. Razorock makes some very nice stuff for their price point.

GC68 gives me a comfortable DFS and GC84 gives me a comfortable almost-BBS. I still have to be careful with the 84 not to put pressure.

Recently got the Game Changer 0.84 JAWS after a year with the straight bar version of the razor and I have to say this razor design truly is a marvel. Even with the slight increase in blade feel––which I don't mind at all––the razor feels as smooth as the closed comb version. The JAWS version is much more efficient on my stubble and is one of the few razors that can get my neck smooth with minimal fuss. Might get the open comb version down the line just for kicks. Wholly satisfied with the JAWS, but it would be nice to have all three versions of the marvelous Game Changer design.

The sb .84 was my favorite razor until a week and a half ago. Now the Fatip Lo Storto has taken that spot and I actually sold the game changer. I have a timeless titanium that’s supposed to be here tomorrow so we will see which one wins between the Fatip and timeless.

The sb .84 was my favorite razor until a week and a half ago. Now the Fatip Lo Storto has taken that spot and I actually sold the game changer. I have a timeless titanium that’s supposed to be here tomorrow so we will see which one wins between the Fatip and timeless.
If you end up selling your new Timeless Ti in favor of the Fatip, I will have to finally break down and try one of these Fatip things. I don’t think that’ll happen, though.

Last edited:
Please let us know! I have the Piccolo which I love for a couple days growth, and am contemplating the Timeless Ti.

Please let us know! I have the Piccolo which I love for a couple days growth, and am contemplating the Timeless Ti.
All right. First shave with my Timeless Ti today and it is a great razor. The weight is awesome, the handle length just right. It’s much smoother to me than the original Fatip (about like the closed comb Fatip) and is super efficient. Compared to the Fatip Lo Storto, I’m going to have to give it a few shaves. Honestly, the Lo Storto is just as smooth and efficient. Both razors are able to take everything off I want in one pass which is what I look for.
I’m going to do a week of half one razor, half the other. If it’s this close I’m really not going to be able to justify keeping the $200 Timeless. Man it’s going to be a good week!

All right. First shave with my Timeless Ti today and it is a great razor. The weight is awesome, the handle length just right. It’s much smoother to me than the original Fatip (about like the closed comb Fatip) and is super efficient. Compared to the Fatip Lo Storto, I’m going to have to give it a few shaves. Honestly, the Lo Storto is just as smooth and efficient. Both razors are able to take everything off I want in one pass which is what I look for.
I’m going to do a week of half one razor, half the other. If it’s this close I’m really not going to be able to justify keeping the $200 Timeless. Man it’s going to be a good week!
I am assuming you got the Timeless. 95 Ti OC?

Very happy with the 84 sb on a Tibam handle. It reminds me of my beloved Weber Polished, but has much better tolerances. I was ready to be disappointed, so many razors get hyped to the heavens and deliver average shaves. The more expensive they are, the bigger the hype. This one actually works really well and you won't have a heart attack if you drop it. I have the 68 sb plate too but I guess I don't need it.

Top Bottom