What's new

RazoRock Game Changer .84 - Very Impressed

The GameChanger .84 has become my daily driver. To me, it feels as mild as the Merkur 38C but in a more efficient way.

I have been using Feather blades in it mostly and can get 10 shaves per blade. This combo is one of the smoothest I have in my shave den currently.

After binning the Feather, I finished 6 shaves with a Polsilver Stainless Steel. I developed a small ingrown which led to me binning that blade.

It is currently loaded with a Polsilver SI and the shaves have been effortlessly smooth so far. It's going to be a lot of fun working through my blade stash to see which works best with this razor.

The only downside is that my other razors are not getting used(except for the R41+ but that's another post).

marty

I am going to use the Timeless Polished Titanium handle 85mm length & 14mm dia on my Razo Rock .84 Game Changer. ( I have this handle in the matt finish on my Timeless .95 Titanium S/B scalloped razor). The Titanium will keep things light but give me a handle size that I like a lot. The polished Titanium handle will go nicely with the Razo Rock Game Changers base plate and cap.

In the Pic below from Timeless web page you will see the handle I am talking about in the polished finish. I just purchased it today and will be receiving it soon..

All The Best,
Bill G

View attachment 1019188
we could have swapped handles :)
i put a RR barberpole on my timeless!!!
i found the timeless polished Ti too slippery

I’ve been back and forth a couple times over the past 2 weeks, about whether I prefer the Jaws or GC OC. I think the tipping point came when I shaved with the GC OC this past Wednesday after 4 days straight with the Jaws/Voskhod.

Previously with the Jaws I was doing 2 passes and when paired with the Voskhod I was doing 3 like a normal shave. This was giving me extremely close and comfortable shaves and I was leaning towards the Jaws as my preference. During the shave with the GC OC I started favoring it again because of how comfortable it is with any blade and how carelessly I can shave. But then as the day went on I realized the stubble was back significantly more quickly than when shaving with the Jaws. I’ve switched back to the Jaws with GSB for the past 2 days, and that’s been working out very well. Tomorrow I’ll give it a run with a Gillette 7 O'clock black.

proxy.php

For Xmas I'm buying myself another razor. This is on my list. These get good reviews. Thanks for the great pictures.

I’ve been playing around with a ton of blade and handle combos on both OC versions of the Game Changer. I’ve come to the conclusion that the Jaws paired with a Voskhod and heavier handle (70+ grams) gets me closer and just as comfortable as the standard OC paired with sharper blades. Give it a shot if you find the Jaws to be too aggressive.
proxy.php

I found out a lot of useful information here. And now I can shave 0.84 daily in one pass (ATG). I use "Gillette Ruby" blades. It makes me very happy. Game Changer .84P - a great razor!
IMG_20190822_201303.jpg

First shave with the GC .84P and it was very smooth and efficient. No buffing needed to achieve a BBS shave. I was afraid it would be too aggressive compared to the GC .68P, but I think I can put those fears to rest. Loaded it with a Polsilver blade and it just glided across my face. I did have two weepers, but may have been my fault. Going to test it for 7 days as I did the .68P. On the initial run I think I may have my new favorite razor. Let’s see how the week unfolds.

Completed 2nd and 3rd shaves with Polsilver blade and while the shaves were enjoyable, it seemed something was lacking, so today for the 4th shave I changed to an Astra SP and there was a great improvement. In my opinion the shave was smoother. I am still impressed but have 3 more to go until I decide which I like better the .68P or the .84P.

Tried something new today, used the .68P on the left side of my face and the .84P on the right. Tomorrow will do the same but switch sides With .68P on right and .84P on the left. Received a great shave from both razors with both using an Astra SP blade. I made sure I only buffed the same on both sides using the different razors and the results practically the same. Total shave was a BBS shave. My left side of my face along my jaw line is my problem area yet the .68 performed almost as well as the .84. Will see what tomorrow brings but I am leaning towards the .68 being my favorite. I thought this test would show a clear winner but the results so far are almost a tie in my opinion. Darn, I may need to keep both razors.

Reversed the order of yesterday’s shave, .84P on left and .68P on right. Still received a BBS shave on my entire face. The only thing I noticed after yesterday’s shave was I could feel stubble later in the day from the .68 side. would say that’s from the .84 being more aggressive. In my opinion I feel the .68P will be my razor of choice. It just is smoother and you can run on auto pilot with no weepers or cuts. As others have said it’s like a Tech. I like the .84 but in my opinion you need to be more conscious of what you are doing to avoid cuts or weepers. Now for the $64,000 question, do I keep both or do I put the .84 on the BST. Decisions, decisions.

I love this razor, the .84 Game Changer. I agree with the other positive comments and reasons given. I want to focus on why this razor is such a great example of why, for me, DE safety razors work better than SE razors. I've tried to like SE's because theoretically it seemed to me that with only one blade, the razor should work better since it is designed for a single edge and does not need to compromise design for the other edge. I've recently given the One Blade and Razorock's V2 SE a try. What I've finally figured out is I was wrong in my assumption about SE's. The DE design, particularly as carried out in the Game Changer, provides less bulk where it counts, between the blade and the rest of the razor, allowing it to shave tight areas, like corners of the mouth more easily. This is particularly important since I let my mustache and beard on my chin grow.
You should be able to see what I mean if you draw an imaginary line along the center of the handle, thru the shaving head.
IMG_1001.JPG

I love this razor, the .84 Game Changer. I agree with the other positive comments and reasons given. I want to focus on why this razor is such a great example of why, for me, DE safety razors work better than SE razors. I've tried to like SE's because theoretically it seemed to me that with only one blade, the razor should work better since it is designed for a single edge and does not need to compromise design for the other edge. I've recently given the One Blade and Razorock's V2 SE a try. What I've finally figured out is I was wrong in my assumption about SE's. The DE design, particularly as carried out in the Game Changer, provides less bulk where it counts, between the blade and the rest of the razor, allowing it to shave tight areas, like corners of the mouth more easily. This is particularly important since I let my mustache and beard on my chin grow.
You should be able to see what I mean if you draw an imaginary line along the center of the handle, thru the shaving head.
View attachment 1027971

I have to agree. The Game Changer head geometry, any comb type, is very maneuverable around the tough spots. Very well thought out and implemented shaving tool.

Top Bottom