What's new

Zenith Boar B28 Copper

This is today’s mail call. Just opened it, very nice and solid built, dense knot. I will be working on it over coming weeks.
Has anyone else been using it? I know couple of them here and they are all praise for it.
IMG_20190627_193658_hdr.jpg

This is what the omega 49 should have been. I bet if they release the 49 with a special handle it's going to sell like hotcakes.

I've got the B18 and B19. I'm loving it. The B18 I've had for a few months, so it is breaking in nicely. Extremely soft.

However, now I want a B28. Look at that thing, it's a pretty girl.

Very nice looking boar. Should make a killer boar brush if the specs I looked at are correct.

Last edited:
Great brush you got there! Zeniths tend to be very soft but with that knot and loft, it'll be a bit more scrubby, I imagine. Anyways, enjoy your shaves!

Thank you all,
I agree it is a gorgeous looking brush and handle. Over the time copper will take some patina but I don't mind antiqued looked.
My only concern is the loft height. The vendor has specifically stated that Zeniths tend to have a higher glue bump in comparison to Omegas which might offset the 57mm height. But i find on my brush the glue bump is hardly even noticeable and it made me wince a little in anticipation. Nope, I have not used it so far.

On those the glue bump is set under or at the brim of the handle. I didn't feel it had too much back bone, but my preference is towards more backbone and high density than most.
I should warn you, I've read several statements about liking patina, but the way these handles react end up putting of some of the othertime enthusiastic owners. Personally I'd control the patina making, maybe a little renaissance wax and a good wipe after use. But that is just me.

Any updates on the performance of the brush? I'm really eyeing one these but was curious about how it performs! Thanks

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

My Zenith copper boar is fantastic. Just don't expect the copper to stay shiney forever. It tarnishes quickly, but that doesn't bother me.

It has a lot of backbone for a boar and the tips are breaking in nicely. I think it performs very well. It's not as silky smooth as my Semogue SOC, but I bought it to be a little more firm and it's exactly what I wanted.

Top Bottom