What's new

Stirling Zenith Boar

Received my 31mm brush today. Love everything about it except for the fact that the knot is a bit lopsided. I've had a Zenith in the past which was terribly lopsided. I wish Zenith was better with setting their knots.

I'm very OCD so this really bothers me. I'm going to use it for a few more days and let more hairs split, but if it still looks lopsided, I'll have to contact Stirling.

The other Zenith I had never recovered even after fully breaking it in. I don't expect this one to straighten out either.
Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets settled out or you get used to the brush.

Received my 31mm brush today. Love everything about it except for the fact that the knot is a bit lopsided. I've had a Zenith in the past which was terribly lopsided. I wish Zenith was better with setting their knots.

I'm very OCD so this really bothers me. I'm going to use it for a few more days and let more hairs split, but if it still looks lopsided, I'll have to contact Stirling.

The other Zenith I had never recovered even after fully breaking it in. I don't expect this one to straighten out either.
I fell your pain. Back in the day when the Omega Evo was one of the most expensive synths, I bought one, and mine was lopsided too. It was a letdown considering the price, luckily the seller took it back. I don't mind if a 15eur boar is not perfect, but a top of the line synth should be.

I have yet to receive mine but I guess not less than 55mm, based on a total height of 120mm/4.75" and a standard handle height of 65mm (the 31mm has a 70mm handle).
I think that the loft mentioned in the description refers to the "effective loft", and if it is really 46mm then 55mm should be quite right.
I have received the 28mm.

Handle height is 66mm and the loft is 54mm. Total height exactly 120mm.

IMG_9461.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

I noticed a similar effect on my 28mm but only after soaking it. Not very pronounced but definitely noticeable. As it dried it appeared to right itself. I’m okay with that but if it starts shedding it’s going back. I have two other Zenith boars and a badger that never displayed this.

This thing is huge. Got one in the other day for a customer for a handle mod. It weighs 5.1 oz !!! The diameter of the knot is a tad over 31 mm and the loft is 57 mm - I think 50 would be way too low.
Here is the brush Rudy built after harvesting the 31mm Zenith. I will probably use it tomorrow as I gave it a wash the other day and it looks like it might take a couple days to fully dry out.
IMG_1824.jpeg

Top Bottom