What's new

Acquistitions 23 Feb - 1 Mar 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice case, I've got a case Bob made for me that I keep my grandfather's ball ended old type in.

proxy.php

Today's fine was a GEM Micromatic and two (2) Old Spice Lantern Decanters. The Decanter on the right has never been used and is full, the one on the left is empty. My pictures don't do the GEM justice the case is a deep dark brown with a walnut pattern. Has a piano hinge and is just beautiful.

Wow...might want one of those myself. Beautiful!

Edit: I noticed there aren't any cases pictured or mentioned on Bob's site. Were the cases shown here strictly "by request?"

- Barrett

Last edited:
There was a thread about them a couple of months ago. He's been working on a standard design, and the one I got looks a lot like some of the prototypes. I'm not sure if he ever decided on a standard, but he contacted me about this one since I had expressed an interest.

If I can find the thread, I'll post a link, otherwise just send him a PM and tell him what type razor you want to fit.

I was surprised to find these in the wild over the last week...

proxy.php

1946-47 Aristocrat - plating loss evident, but definitely shave-worthy.

proxy.php

1965 Slim Adjustable - if this hadn't had a blade in it when I found it, I would have assumed it had never been used. Really excellent condition!

And my personal favorite score --

proxy.php

proxy.php

British HD Rocket - after a little Maas and elbow grease this one turned into a stunning specimen. I'm really impressed by the heft and detailing on these! It puts my poor little 40s SS to shame.

Last edited:
proxy.php

Since last Saturday:
D.R. Harris Marlborough Soap (disappointingly unfragranced)
D.R. Harris refill (FOC after an enquiry to their customer services, thank you DRH!) nicely fragranced.
DMT 8C lapping plate.
Belgian Blue Whetstone 200x70mm
Belgian Yellow Coticule selected bout, natural combi with bbw on the reverse!:lol:
Kent BLK4, wow! Works beautifully even on soap which was unexpected.
Mr Taylor aftershave balm, (liked it so much I got another).
Mr Taylor Aftershave. My face doesn't like it, burned me two days in a row so won't be using again unless I treat it like a cologne.

After this lot I think I better back off for a week or two AD is a terrible thing...

Last edited:
You're not going to replate them?

I only replate razors that need it.
While both of these razors have micro cracks in the tubing the plating is pristine, no scratches or brassing.
If either of them were showing a lot of brass I'd have them replated no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom