What's new

Nivea Aftershave Lotion... Hype or for real? My Journey.

Took a minor hiatus as was traveling for work and started a thread with a $1 razor challenge. Tonight I took a small break to try out one of my newly acquired de’s (purchased it over a month ago, just didn’t have the chance to try it) the Gibbs No17 Adjustable razor. It did not disappoint. I also used for the first time the Nivea Sensitive Cooling aftershave splash/lotion. As is just with the rest of the Nivea splash/lotion line up, this one did not fail either. A very nice clean scent, as all Nivea scents are clean and fresh smelling. This version had no burn or quench to it. Just a nice soothing effect that left my face soft, supple and very hydrated. My skin just took it right in with no oily or greasy feeling after effect. Just a solid product that offers excellent performance for a mans skin. Looking forward to a few more post shaves with this one......

5297B1B5-56B4-4914-A340-DDD0A54346EC.jpeg

The Sensitive AS balm leaves my skin feeling nice whenever my shave is not as smooth as I like.

Good stuff. I have a couple of their balms, and they work fantastically. But I use them more for really cold & blustery days. I'm a splash man especially during the warmer weather days. Don't know why, I guess from seeing my Old Man using splashes, it stuck with me. Like I said, I prefer them and I'm glad that Nivea makes them.... :thumbsup:

Are you allowed to post links for where you were able to find these products?

These particular products from Nivea are very hard to find in the US. These that I have here have all been purchased through eBay. Mostly from the EU eBay. They cost a bit more, plus the shipping but worth the extra $$$ and time. They perform great across the board.......

Well, I got to use this particular Nivea Sensitive Cooling on my 2 most recent shaves, yesterday and today. Both shaves were excellent with hardly a hint of irritation from either one of the tools (razors) used. One being the Sabre and the other a Gold Dollar straight. The Nivea had no issues in calming and soothing the very light irritation on my skin on both shaves. This particular aftershave from Nivea performed flawlessly in all aspects of post shave results. It hydrated, soothed and calmed my skin very effectively. One thing I have personally noticed with these products from Nivea is a lot goes a long way. A quick 2-3 pour splash, quick hand rub and apply right after. Good coverage from all to be honest. I would highly recommend these for those with extremely sensitive skin and do NOT want any quench or burning effect on the skin.

This one passed the test for me with flying colors. Now, onto the last of the 4 that I purchased. Hopefully, the next one will perform just as good as the previous three. And I don’t see why it shouldn’t.

D24A2267-4F03-48A2-A714-2A9C77877CB0.jpeg

3B3EAEF8-B098-48EE-A824-8342A5BB7B2F.jpeg

Just threw this on for the first time today. WHEW BABY that is a stout splash. I will have to accustom myself to its eye watering effect on me...but so far so good :)

Really? Which splash did you use? I get no quench or burn from any Nivea splash....

I believe I may have been sensitive to it at that particular time (mainly just the eyes) because I've been using it daily since and no real issues since. Great stuff. I have more on the way! Shown in pic below:

proxy.php

I believe I may have been sensitive to it at that particular time (mainly just the eyes) because I've been using it daily since and no real issues since. Great stuff. I have more on the way! Shown in pic below:

proxy.php

That's my favorite of all the Nivea splashes, the 2in1. Excellent performance across the board. It's so good in fact, that I purchased 3 more off of eBay this past weekend. Takes 2-3 weeks from India, but well worth it.....

You should give the aftershave fluid a go! Unsure as to how it differs from the rest you've posted in terms of the scent, but it is the one lotion that is low in alcohol, thus does not dry the skin out. Skin feels restored and moisturizing after a particularly bad shave. Highly recommended! My only gripe is that I wish it was mentholated - would be a 10/10 if so!

The 0% alcohol lotion is called for a reason by many "skin food". I also like the 2phase lotion but it stings when you have an irritating shave.

I have all the balms also and almost all the lotions, so Im here for anyone who wants some info.

I’ve gone through these aftershaves for more than 2 months with exception to the 2in1 lotion as that has been with me since last year and has been my main aftershave lotion. Every single one has performed very well, some a bit better in my estimation for my skin type. Like I stated earlier, the 2in1 is the best performer for me and was the one that started me on this search for Nivea aftershave splashes and lotions. Surprisingly, the Sensitive Cooling with no Alcohol was the one that I liked second best. Great conditioning and soothing effect from this one, almost as good as the 2in1. The others were great across the board and will stay in the rotation until their done, but the 2in1 and Sensitive Cooling were the standouts for me. I’ve already ordered a few more of each as these items are getting harder to find and I’ve noticed that the prices have been going up as of late. I also ordered a bottle of the Nivea Energy with Taurine as I was lucky to come across it on the “bay” for a very reasonable price. Once that’s in, I’ll put that through it’s paces and see how it stacks up with my 2 fav’s....

My 2 favorites... the 2in1 & Sensitive Cooling.
5C9D5D26-9B06-4978-B732-977B4F404EA9.jpeg

7407A0E5-34F4-489F-A546-3288C3AE6219.jpeg

455E5CE9-95B1-4DB8-A414-02C952C430A4.jpeg

2 in 1 is now available at Smallflower. I need to pick up a bottle, just as soon as I can find a couple square inches on my bathroom counter to store it...

Holy Moly! Thread resuscitation....

I had read right here on the B&B on another thread, that the Nivea Deep aftershave lotion was a pretty good performer and had a bit more of a woodsy note.

Well, I was at my local CVS picking up some meds for the Misses and while waiting I started to walk around the shaving accessories area. Lo and behold I saw the bottle for the Nivea Deep lotion. It was on sale for $4 so, I happily grabbed it. That was 3 days ago and so far have used it twice with very nice results. Same toning and conditioning properties as their other splashes but, I can definitely confirm what others have said about its performance and scent. More masculine and actually has a bit of staying power as the Misses picked up some of it an hour or two later. Not bad for a splash/lotion. Going to run it for a few more shaves and see how it goes over an extended period.....

veOamsO.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I really like Nivea Men Deep. Some on the forum don’t but I do. I can still get hints of it after a few hours.

Top Bottom