What's new

Nivea Aftershave Lotion... Hype or for real? My Journey.

After last nights shave, could’t get a write up as family matters came to the forefront. But the next item was the Nivea Sensitive A/S lotion. And to my slight surprise, it worked very well with a very nice lighter scent that is very close to the balm scented one, but fresher to my nose. Lingered just a bit more than the previous Nivea Vitalizing A/S lotion, but not much. If you like the Sensitive balm scent, you will definitely like this one.

The shave was rather nonchalant with no irritation or razor burn as the Gillette Twinjector paired with the Schick Injector II twin blade is an extremely smooth pairing with excellent whisker cutting prowess. You hardly feel the blade, but you know it’s cutting, and cutting well. I can’t possibly see someone cutting or shredding their faces up with this blade. Ultimate comfort smooth shave experience. 3 passes and very close BBS finish all around minus the Adam’s apple area, but that is pretty much most of the time.
Grabbed me some lotion and just poured some on lavishly and worked into my skin. Like I said previously, a great fresh, clean scent that can be left alone if one desires. Won’t last long, but you can get about an hour or so of the scent. My skin absorbed it quickly without any tackiness and absolutely no sting, burn or quench. Again, no alcohol in this one Gents. If you like no alcohol, this is not a bad alternative at all. My skin felt refreshed, rejuvenated and completely moisterized. Very soft and supple to the touch to be honest. The Misses actually walked in on me and said “nice sent honey, and your skin feels so good” quick peck and out she went. SWMBO approved Gents. That’s always a plus....

E7FE4A45-D7A7-4F4F-9C46-B88CD34F342C.jpeg

Next shave coming up will be with a much more aggressive razor. The Formidable Ikon Tech. We’ll see if the Nivea Sensitive is up for the challenge....

2nd shave in and with the whisker smashing Ikon Tech. Not the smoothest razor, but definitely one of the most efficient/aggressive razors made today. Decided to use a Kai SS blade going on it’s 10th shave. Tough call, but had to see if the Nivea Sensitive is up for some irritation and razor burn rescue if the shave takes me there.

96BFFAAE-CD09-4743-8C83-60EAE856DC40.jpeg

Result? A 2 pass shave that was as close as any I’ve given myself this side of a straight. Minor irritation on both sides of the jawline and 2 tiny weepers that were gone with a cold water splash and alum once over. The Tech brings it, show it some respect and it will give it back in spades.
Humphreys, Rose water and out came the Nivea Sensitive with a nice helping loaded into my hands. Slapped it on and worked it into my skin. Very nice fresh and clean scent that reminds me a bit of Jamestown Gentleman A/S splash from Wholly Kaw. Subtle, but very nice and pleasant. It was absorbed quickly and easily with no residual or sticky after effect. The irritation I felt slowly subsided and within half an hour, no mas. My face felt great with a nice moisterized feeling that was smooth and supple to the touch. The Nivea Sensitive came to do it’s thing. No complaints so far.....

1F9F4249-9E3A-4165-8AF0-502C6D51D9DC.jpeg

C1AF549E-1429-4525-8AD8-0AE8CCF0E672.jpeg

Real nice shave today with the Merkur Vision. Yesterday’s shave with the Ikon Tech was very close and efficient, so not much growth today. Just slight stubble and a single ATG pass plus buffing to restore a smooth, close and gratifying shave. Went through my post shave routine. Poured a good amount of Nivea Sensitive lotion into my hands and slapped it on. Just a very nice, clean, fresh scent. And great skin conditioning qualities that are excellent. Same as the previous days shave. Just good stuff, period......

94C88F98-0C81-4744-AC43-10FCB931D05C.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Real nice shave today with the Merkur Vision. Yesterday’s shave with the Ikon Tech was very close and efficient, so not much growth today. Just slight stubble and a single ATG pass plus buffing to restore a smooth, close and gratifying shave. Went through my post shave routine. Poured a good amount of Nivea Sensitive lotion into my hands and slapped it on. Just a very nice, clean, fresh scent. And great skin conditioning qualities that are excellent. Same as the previous days shave. Just good stuff, period......

View attachment 865863
Very nice refreshing picture, I have not seen that Nivea sensivtive A.S lotion in Canada yet. Thanks

Very nice refreshing picture, I have not seen that Nivea sensivtive A.S lotion in Canada yet. Thanks

Can’t find it in US either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I had to get 3 of the 4 aftershaves from India. I’ve written a few emails to Nivea’s customer service and marketing depts and have gotten the same response. “Thanks for your inquiries and interest in these Nivea products, unfortunately we believe that it would not be productive for us in making particular products available for the North American market”. I was paraphrasing there, it’s more detailed than that, but that’s the jist of it. Go figure. I guess they believe that the wet shaving market is bigger over in the European market and every where else where more traditional aftershaves splashes and lotions are more common in usage. Damn shame really. This stuff works and it works well.....

Unfortunately, I had to get 3 of the 4 aftershaves from India. I’ve written a few emails to Nivea’s customer service and marketing depts and have gotten the same response. “Thanks for your inquiries and interest in these Nivea products, unfortunately we believe that it would not be productive for us in making particular products available for the North American market”. I was paraphrasing there, it’s more detailed than that, but that’s the jist of it. Go figure. I guess they believe that the wet shaving market is bigger over in the European market and every where else where more traditional aftershaves splashes and lotions are more common in usage. Damn shame really. This stuff works and it works well.....

Damn shame is right. I have some friends who travel to India once a year. I will ask for some supplies I guess.

Biesdorf US HQ is between my house and the hospital I work at. Want me to swing in and ruffle some feathers??

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Damn shame is right. I have some friends who travel to India once a year. I will ask for some supplies I guess.

Biesdorf US HQ is between my house and the hospital I work at. Want me to swing in and ruffle some feathers??

Stage a hunger strike

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Haven't been able to post here for a bit as I'm on the road, traveling and working. Been using twin disposable razors from Barbasol for the past week and a half. I took the Nivea Sensitive A/S lotion for this trip and have no regrets. Great performing aftershave with a nice refreshing scent and feel. This stuff is really good.....

IMG_2705.JPG

Nivea products are the real deal. Love their face scrub, face wash, body wash, and aftershave balms. Plan to get the 2 in 1 soon.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have found all Nivea products to be excellent. My only complaint although minor is that the scent doesn't last as long as I would like. Apart from that I could use them everyday and I would be happy. I have too many other products that need using though.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Haven't been able to post here for a bit as I'm on the road, traveling and working. Been using twin disposable razors from Barbasol for the past week and a half. I took the Nivea Sensitive A/S lotion for this trip and have no regrets. Great performing aftershave with a nice refreshing scent and feel. This stuff is really good.....

View attachment 868675
Do you use the Dr Carver's before or after the Nivea?

I have found all Nivea products to be excellent. My only complaint although minor is that the scent doesn't last as long as I would like. Apart from that I could use them everyday and I would be happy. I have too many other products that need using though.

Agreed, wish I could find the Sensitive AS balm scent in an Edt or Cologne...

Do you use the Dr Carver's before or after the Nivea?

Depends on weather & climate conditions. Cold, blustery or windy it's usually the splash then balm. Decent conditions then I reverse it, balm then splash as I allow a few minutes for the balm to be absorbed in my skin. Oddly enough, the scent from both the balm and splash are quite similar though they're different brands.

Top Bottom