What's new

Shame on you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look at the likes/dislikes of the video and the comments before they delete them.
This isn't going well :lol1:
Get woke, go broke!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I think like many men my sensitivity to messages like this be it a Gillette ad or a sitcom is its disingenuous on so many levels.

Masculinity can be as healthy or as toxic as femininity but that's not what they are trying to convey. Instead the narrative is that by default men are misogynist, knuckle dragging, mouth breathing dullards who revel in bro culture and we can't decide if we want to rape every woman we come across or we need her superior intellect to save us from eating dirt.
I guess I’m just insensitive to commercials. And insensitive to what any corporation or celebrity or pretty much anyone I don’t know tells me I should feel, or should behave. I’ve never been influenced by other people. I follow my own set of values and morals. What I was taught by my parents. What I have learned from my own experience in life.

So when I see a commercial like this I literally do not think anything of it. What concerns me is there are some loosing their mind over it. That’s the real “what the heck?” Moment for me.

Oh well. I’ll still buy Gillette Guards.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
They use the term "toxic masculinity" often in that commercial. I honestly do not know how that is defined or what it means. Is it similar to "male chauvinist pig" that was coined in the 60's or 70's? Is being a jerk gender specific?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I follow my own set of values and morals. What I was taught by my parents. What I have learned from my own experience in life.

Certain traits need to be instilled at a young age. Once they are, they remain for life.

Simple respect isnt easily found these days. It wasnt that long ago that if someone needed to be taught respect, it was seldom an easy lesson learned.

Theres much to be said for life experience, and it doesnt come from a cell phone or the internet.

I guess I’m just insensitive to commercials. And insensitive to what any corporation or celebrity or pretty much anyone I don’t know tells me I should feel, or should behave. I’ve never been influenced by other people. I follow my own set of values and morals. What I was taught by my parents. What I have learned from my own experience in life.

So when I see a commercial like this I literally do not think anything of it. What concerns me is there are some loosing their mind over it. That’s the real “what the heck?” Moment for me.

Oh well. I’ll still buy Gillette Guards.
Don't disagree with anything you said. People are getting a touch hyperbolic about the ad but I can understand their frustration.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Can you imagine how King Gillette would "enjoy" it?

From the Friday Night Fights to this in my lifetime!

Waste of money? Too politically correct? Shallow? Will it sell Gillette products? If it does, we're in real trouble.

Will it influence anyone to do anything, or behave differently, or change their point of view? It's hard enough to get someone to buy a razor, but at least they used to know how to do that.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yep. When you're letting a commercial get in the way of your life... Oh well.

Don

I am a man. I act like a man. I protect my family, I love my God, and I provide for my family. I am not toxic, but will never apologize for being a man.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom