What's new

The B&B Gentleman's Athletic Club

New to the BBGAC, but I'm in.
I'm 5'9
Early Dec. I was 248lb, then I started watching my food intake, with some help from ADD meds. Last night I weighed in at 214! My goal is 180.

Is the wiki still being used for this? Or is there anywhere other than posts where we state our start/current/goal?

Last edited:
Is the wiki still being used for this? Or is there anywhere other than posts where we state our start/current/goal?

We used to keep a WOTD thread going in the club. But it became a ghost town. Try posting a thread to the club's home site page and linking to it in this thread to see if anything will stick.

For the first time in a very long time, I forced myself to get up and work out before getting ready for work today. It was nothing major, just two kettlebell exercises and some push-ups, but it's a start. I need to work out in the morning if I'm going to get back in shape.

I did week 4, day 1 of the couch to 5k (C25K) program before work this AM. I've gotten where I look forward to the days where I can work out before work instead of during lunch. I'm down to 209.4 giving me a total of 28.8 lbs lost.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Has the group been wiped? Maybe a mod can speak to this and return the locker room.

I think the locker room has been gone for a while now.

I have been working out off and on since the beginning of this thread. I get on track and something always seems to come up. Between work, school, family kids etc. The gym is the first thing to get cut out of the time budget.
One thing that I did do that has helped me to stay on track is to create a journal of my workout that I take to the gym with me. I record what I do while I am there along with the date. Its easy to look at my workout journal or workout log and see that I have been slacking.

Tried my Nike Free (5.0) yesterday. Tried really running with a mid/forefoot strike for the first time as well. Went a little over a 2 miles...My goodness, 24+ hours later and my calves are still in knots.

I was warned to take it slow relearning how to run like that since my feet/legs aren't used to that kind of workout. I figured only a couple miles would be fine..it was not. But I am looking forward to tryin again.

I think that the who ever founded the locker room stopped posting on B&B, so the locker room was disbanded.

Anyone want to make a new athletic club social group?

I just created a new social group; The B&B Locker Room. Feel free to join up. No membership fee, free clean towels and hot showers. What a deal! Feel free to post new discussions such as a Workout Of The Day, Training Tips, Diet, etc, etc. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Well its back to the grind. I haven't run in a month (while on leave) so I gotta get back to it. I'm going to start off with a slow three miler in the morning.

Tried my Nike Free (5.0) yesterday. Tried really running with a mid/forefoot strike for the first time as well. Went a little over a 2 miles...My goodness, 24+ hours later and my calves are still in knots.

I was warned to take it slow relearning how to run like that since my feet/legs aren't used to that kind of workout. I figured only a couple miles would be fine..it was not. But I am looking forward to tryin again.

I've been doing the Couch to 5k and seeing results without a great deal of pain. Its pretty motivating and there are podcasts to use.

http://www.c25k.com/

My training for the mini marathon is progressing. I'll go a 10K training race on Saturday morning. I did about that far last Saturday, so the distance itself shouldn't be a problem, just worried if there are any hills since my neighborhood is so flat. Should be ok though :thumbup1:

Top Bottom