What's new

January 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

1-31-24 Wednesday 10am
Shave 17/366.
2 pass DFS+ 4.5/5

Razor: Overlander alu
Blade: BIC cp (8
Soap: MWF
Brush: APshave G5C
Pre: Shower
1000002894.jpg

No nonsense 2 pass today. 1 weeper near my adams apple.
Done with January and onto February!

Jay

Today's shave, 1 day of growth and fianl shave of the month

January : 18
2024 GRUYERE : 18

Razor : Merkur 34 HD C
Blade : GSB (4)
Pre Shave : Proraso Blue
Soap (SOTM) : Proraso White
Brush : Maggard SY 26
Aftershave: Osma Alum block , Pinaud Bay Rum, Proraso White

Another simple enjoyable shave.

See you all next month

Mission complete.
Last shave of Jan was

Pre-Shave: MWF bloom water
Razor: GD66 straight razo
Soap: MWF (Tallow)
Brush: QED Select 3526 Silvertip Badger

Post-Shave: Alum Block
FAB AS Splash
Floid Vetiver Splash ASB
FAB EDT

Another step on my straight journey. Used a different razor from last shave and think this one might need honing. Going to take it for a good few laps on the linen and leather and see if it improves. The shave was good just not as good as the last shave. Razor seemed to jump a bit. Nevertheless got a good shave with no nicks and no irritation. That QED brush is a brother by the way. Finally closed out January GRUMEand now onto February GRUME 💪💪💪💪💪

IMG_0641.jpeg

One month down, eleven months to go. And fun they shall be.

Pre: Hot shower
Soap: Barrister and Mann Fougère Angelique
Brush: Parker Silver Tip Badger
Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)

Switched to Silver Blue. First trip in the Overlander went exceptionally well. Great ending to January GRUME.

Onward.

Day 31, 100% complete ✓

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Wizamet SI #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

I finished the month with a near-BBS, just for fun. Hope to see some of you over in the February GRUME.

I'm also participating in One Blade in February (OBiF), with a Kai blade.

In and completing the month with my third razor 🪒 in three days, a rarity for me. An early afternoon town day shave with my early postwar Tech. A solid 9.75. This week’s town day is a day early. Since we have so many errands to do on Thursday we’re spending tonight in a hotel. If I have time to shave tomorrow it will be with the fourth razor in four days.

How are you liking the ACSE. Mike at Shield suggested I try it for my son. Have you been using both sides? My only SE razor right now is the RRHawk v3, which I like but don’t reach for lately. Is your razor titanium?
I really like the razor and use both sides every shave. I take the firs pass with the de side and final pass with the AC. Yes it’s titanium.

Thank you very much for the reply. Do you find there is much blade feel on either side? Might be getting this for my son. He’s using a Henson mild now which is a very comfortable shaver.

The DE side is milder than the A/C side but like everyone of my Razors that I’ve tried they are smooth and efficient and dilled overly aggressive but they remove hair very well. Plus he can use a milder blade and use a guarded AC blade In his learning to use it. Like a two setting adjustable razor.

Top Bottom