What's new

Take A Deep Breath & Then Walk Into The Fire

Sorry to hear about this Sue. Attitude seems to be most of the fight and it sounds like you have the attitude to get through this.

Prayers and wishes to all.... I would be honored to induct Sue into the club I wish no one would have to Join. The club of Cancer Survivors, as I wish no one would contract this disease. As Sue survives this test one day will become her new Birthday. The day she put her cancer in remission. It will become the most important to all.

Again my prayers and thoughts to all of you....

PS I was told I looked great with a bald head.... and my hair grew back much finer and nicer

This club is way too big, but there is room for more. You are welcome to join the club of those too stubborn to let something like cancer get us.
my hair came back finer and with a color change, yet my beard did not change. brown hair and a red beard.

Very srprised at how 'cold' my head feels, I hope that goes away. I've had had several ppl. (not my family or friends), suggest local wig shops. I'm still digging in my heels in favor of my grandsons football cap and others. I think 'it' bothers them more than me. :confused1
Sue

I say face the troubles head on, forget the wig. bald is who you are for now why try to be something else. I would go with the cap over a wig.

I asked my middle brother "When are you buzzing off your hair?" he told me whenever you do. I argued that I gave Dad a kidney and that does not grow back, needless to say he lost that argument. We both kept our hair. He would have been one ugly dude bald. LOL Instead he made me another JagerBomb.

Mom looks great and has a wonderful attitude, that is all that matters. I was very proud of my big brother for his support of Mom. Plus I think he looks quite handsome bald. Just as Mom looks beautiful. My only concern now is how cold she will be. Heck I wear tee shirts in the dead of winter because her house makes you sweat bullets I can not imagine how bad it is going to be now. :angry:

Seeing these two posts together cracked me up. :lol:

Seeing them together like this is a hoot! Only on Badger and Blade :001_tt2:.

Actually, I don't know what it is, it's not mine. I have a DE that has no blades, a M3 with a very old blade and my B&B brush. I will say this, after two passes with it, my head hurt and there was no more shaving. My scalp was still tender the next day.

Whatever it is, it's not a prize.
Sue

Seeing them together like this is a hoot! Only on Badger and Blade :001_tt2:.

Actually, I don't know what it is, it's not mine. I have a DE that has no blades, a M3 with a very old blade and my B&B brush. I will say this, after two passes with it, my head hurt and there was no more shaving. My scalp was still tender the next day.

Whatever it is, it's not a prize.
Sue

That is exactly what has brought most of us to B&B. :thumbsup:

Sue, I don't know you, but I have known others with cancer and other diseases and it is very tough, but from here it seems you are a fighter. Stay strong and I am sure you will make it through even better than you were before. Best of luck and I echo everyone's sentiment that you are in our thoughts.

Sue, you clearly have a great/supportive family. Hang in there and have as much fun with them as you can. A little levity as I'm sure you saw with the hair cutting will carry you all a long way. You will stay in my prayers.

Sue,
I knew something was up, but can't believe I missed this post. I am sorry for your struggle Sue, and will definitely be praying for you and your family. Many prayers headed your way!

Peace,

KS

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Sue, I really do like your new look! With the cap and the smile your wearing you are looking Good!
Hang in there.

:thumbup1:

Sue, I showed this to my wife. I thought I would pass on her compliment. She said you had a pretty face and you looked good with your head shaved. :thumbup1:

Sue,

My wife and I just got back from our "spring break" cruise, and we kept you in our prayers while we were out of the country, even though we couldn't get online to keep up with you this week and had to catch up when we returned.

I must say, we like your new look! I'm glad you learned your lesson with that cartridge razor. As for maintaining this fantastic sleek, new look, I'm sure others will have the best ideas for which razor to use for head shaving, but let me suggest Saint Charles Shave's Almond Shaving Cream for the best lather. It's creates the richest, slickest lather, and really leaves your face (and surely your head, too) feeling very moisturized after your shave. As you may remember, I have very sensitive skin, but the SCS Almond works great for me. But if you are still concerned, the folks at SCS, who are wonderfully helpful, will also provide you with both unscented shaving cream and soap, which are also wonderful for those with sensitive skin. I would also expect the SCS Sahara after shave balm would work just as well on your head as it does my face.

Enjoy your new shaving experience, and your awesome, beautiful new look. And thanks for sharing your experience and pics. You really do know how we love reading and seeing what others are up to here on B&B, don't you.

Oh yeah, more prayers to follow....

We had a great few days with my Mom. She is starting to fell the effects of chemo today. We were very fortunate though she has a great few days that meant the world to all of us.

My husband and I admired the commitment my parents had and decided their anniversary date was good luck so married the same day. March 5th this past Friday was our anniversary. Today was 4 years since we lost my Dad. We all went to church as a family this morning and let all of the grandchildren put a rose on my Dad's stone at church for remembering him and Mom put one for the love she lost and the wonderful memories she holds dear to her heart. I know she was hurting bad this morning but trying to play tough. As the day has progressed she has started getting more fatigued and in more pain.

The next few days are going to be a living hell for her but she is a hard nut to crack so with a little bit of me annoying her she should be back to feeling decent in a few days. She came down in the shop this afternoon with the kids and I. She just wanted to make sure I was not trashing the place. :blushing: She watched over Sara my 4yr old wrapping and labeling soap samples : ) (Yes, I am in to child labor)

I will try to give an update when we have any changes. This week will bring on a whole new world of challenges. Thank you all for your support. I know she has been reading emails and PM's and she is so touched by how sincere and thoughtful you all are.

Thank you for the update- more prayers coming her way! Please tell her to keep at it- my mother and aunt kicked cancer's teeth in, she can too!

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers. I've also received many personal notes, this warms my heart.

I'm doing fairly well as far as how I feel. The wonderful good news is that the tumors have shrunk in size with chemo. On the down side, I am feeling very fatigued and my white count continues to stay in the toilet so have no natural immunity to anything. I don't like being isolated at all. In the big picture, it really is insignificant.

'They' have the hair loss time-table down to a science. A couple days ago, a top I was wearing was driving me crazy. I wondered what the heck is wrong with this shirt? The itching was terrible.

Wendy was by that afternoon and noticed the back of the navy blue top was covered with little short hairs. What we missed shaving off was all down my back and I didn't even know it.

When I look in the mirror I wonder who that bald woman is staring back at me. Some make-up, a tied Buff and a ballcap sure helps this stranger look a bit more familiar.

I go downstairs to the shop everyday, even if I don't do anything, the wide variety of fragrance is wonderful and gives a sense of normal to my life.

Severely dry, sore and chapped lips is a side effect of chemo. I've researched the best ingredients to combat it and ordered them. These were delivered yesterday, so this is my project for the coming days. I'm confident I can make as good as any on the market to give to fellow patients I meet, (with staff approval, of course).

Sorry that this is so rambling. How are you doing after being beat with a 2 X 4, is difficult to explain.

Ultimately I want to tell you that the support I have received from the gentlemen of Badger and Blade is wonderful. I consider myself very fortunate to be here.
Sue

Last edited:
Top Bottom