What's new

Take A Deep Breath & Then Walk Into The Fire

My brother fed her blueberry cheesecake ice cream for dinner. I stayed busy at her house while she sawed a few logs and next thing I know they are eating more junk. I have a little real food prepped for tomorrow for her. I left her in my brother hands overnight tonight :w00t: I will be there for the rescue early though : )

Nice, It sounds like she is in good hands! When my wife had back surgery she indulged in some extra sweets also.

We spent 3 hours at the oncologists office today and they are going to start chemotherapy tomorrow. It will be the big guns, in their words. They are making the usual 3 week cycle a two week cycle to try to stop this tumor from spreading and growing. With this being such aggressive treatment she will not really have any "good" days for a long time to come. I will be sharing the load with a dear friend of the family and my brothers from time to time. They said this is too aggressive to take at a normal 3 week cycle. We are planning the "head shaving party" for next week. I told Mom the kids would have a forever memory if their Grandma had a Mohawk for a couple of hours:lol::lol: Thank you for all the prayers, we really are going to need them.

We spent 3 hours at the oncologists office today and they are going to start chemotherapy tomorrow. It will be the big guns, in their words. They are making the usual 3 week cycle a two week cycle to try to stop this tumor from spreading and growing. With this being such aggressive treatment she will not really have any "good" days for a long time to come. I will be sharing the load with a dear friend of the family and my brothers from time to time. They said this is too aggressive to take at a normal 3 week cycle. We are planning the "head shaving party" for next week. I told Mom the kids would have a forever memory if their Grandma had a Mohawk for a couple of hours:lol::lol: Thank you for all the prayers, we really are going to need them.

This is what I like to see. People often do not give enough credit to attitude. I had a dear friend that was sent home from the hospital to die of cancer four times. She lived almost twenty years after the first time. She was nearly ninety when she died. Her husband was her rock. He had the best attitude. He was always positive. I would go over to help and leave feeling like they had done more for me. Their positive attitude is a large part of what kept on the winning end. You keep the good attitude, even on the bad days. Keep laughing. Find what is funny, even if it isn't to anyone else. :thumbup:

Prayers and wishes to all.... I would be honored to induct Sue into the club I wish no one would have to Join. The club of Cancer Survivors, as I wish no one would contract this disease. As Sue survives this test one day will become her new Birthday. The day she put her cancer in remission. It will become the most important to all.

Again my prayers and thoughts to all of you....

PS I was told I looked great with a bald head.... and my hair grew back much finer and nicer

She definitely has a fight ahead of her but God does not want the stubborn ones too soon, so she is sure to survive this. Secondly she has to outdo my Dad. After his heart transplant in 1986 he was told he had about a 20% chance to survive 5 years. Well he went through much after that but still managed to fight just short of 20 years. We were actually starting to plan his 20th birthday party when he died. I expect my Mom will not just barely outdo him, it will have to be a big success : ) I will be stuck with her at least another 25. LOL

What a day. Mom did great with chemo today. We decided to have the head shaving party tonight. We will post some pics tomorrow I never thought we would have so much fun doing such a "sad" thing.

What a day. Mom did great with chemo today. We decided to have the head shaving party tonight. We will post some pics tomorrow I never thought we would have so much fun doing such a "sad" thing.

I admire your all's getting agressively on this, apparentlty with no hesitation, and "taking control" And I think having a shaving party will help promote that feeling of control as well. Losing the hair may not be such a sad thing. The cancer is the "sad" thing. Having to go through chemo is a sad thing, too. But losing the hair is also representative of some really good and admirable things. You all are aggressively, courageously pursuing what you need to do to fight this thing. "Going for it, is it!" And, for that matter, Sue is physically able to take this aggressive treatment. Not everyone is strong enough!

Best throughout. Thanks for the updates. You all are in our thoughts every day.

As stubborn as a rock. : ) But way too nice at times. I know that does not make much sense but I guess that is what makes her so special. :thumbup:

Im glad your humor is hanging in there. It comes in handy in these time.

We can't wait to hear from her.

Sue, I'm sorry to hear about this sad news. The prayers are with you and yours and will continue to be until you make a full recovery.

I received very good news this afternoon. The CT and bone scan did not show any involvement other than previosly noted. Although the diagnosis has not changed, that it had possibly spread, was a grave concern.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you for your prayers, encouragement and words of support. I can't tell you how much it means to me.
Sue

I am glad to hear that it hasn't spread. Stay strong.

We received good news today. The heart is strong enough for the chemotherapy treatments. It looks like she will have surgery next week to have port installed in chest and start very aggressive chemotherapy next week for the next 4-5 months. All of the prayers must be working :thumbup:

That's good news. My prayers are with you, your mom and your family.

We got home about 30 minutes ago from surgery. Mom did well. She had a bit of pain when she first woke up but morphine, chocolate cake and grape juice fixed that.

Glad the surgery went well.

Hi all, I want to again thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your support and prayers. We bumped up the hair thing sooner than anticipated due to a change in the chemo protocol. I had many suggestions on how to go about this but was able to use only two of them, "two" hot towels to be exact.

During the cutting, I briefly had a mullet :thumbdown, and a mohawk :scared:. My eight year old grandson also had his shaved into a mohawk, (his second) and loves it, makes him 'cool' at school, LOL.

14 of us had a laughing good time, including me. The only time I chokied up and cried was when my oldest son, Joe, took the clippers and buzzed from his forehead to the back, ready for my middle son, Dave, to finish shaving his head in support.

Very srprised at how 'cold' my head feels, I hope that goes away. I've had had several ppl. (not my family or friends), suggest local wig shops. I'm still digging in my heels in favor of my grandsons football cap and others. I think 'it' bothers them more than me. :confused1
Sue

Sue...
My wife called mine the "Bald Pate of Courage"(with apologies to Steven Crane).... You wear it well.... Congrats on the shaving party...Revel in each other.... Draw the strength from each other.... My thoughts and prayers are with you

Top Bottom