What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
* David & Andi, thank you both for the well wishes for my son!

David, i bought the soap from another member who had mixed the two scents together. i am having a minor challenge getting used to it, but the soap is very, very nice. i wish it had not been mixed, but i just wanted to try the soap,
i took it as it was. i don't know how much longer i can continue to use it, but i will give it a go.

Celestino, that mixture must be horrendous.:yikes: You need a JabonMan soap as it comes, to fully respect what Manuel has achieved with his soaps. I can only imagine what a Vetiver/Rose mix smells like, and just thinking about it makes me want to reach!

Muhle Sea Buckthorn - Semogue Finest Bristle 1 - Henkotsu Kamisori - TOBS Victorian Limes

proxy.php

However you took this, Keith, it's worked a treat, my friend. A fantastic pic for sure.:thumbup:

Friday

Bukhave Scuttle ¤ Semogue Caravela ¤ 13/16" John Clarke & Son
Ralph Lauren Safari for Men Shaving Soap ¤ Nivea for Men Replenishing After Shave Balm ¤ Penhaligon's Esprit Du Roi EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

A wonderfully arranged and taken pic, Soren.:thumbup:

proxy.php

JabonMan Vetiver Haiti - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger - Gillette Red Tip - Med Prep - Nancy Boy Replenishing AS - Givenchy Vetiver edt

What's your take on the scent of the Haitian Vetiver, Matt? The jury is out for me on this one. No doubt about the performance though.

* David, i know that you are correct on getting the Jabonman with its original scent. i will see about that. The smell of the Rose/Velvetier is a bit challenging for me and i will see how long i can endure it for.

* Luis, wonderful shot again!

* Keith, great photo! Has the sun come out, finally!

* Matt, great shot!

Very nice :thumbup:

Nice close-up and play with depth-of-field :thumbup1:

Friday morning, September 28, 2012

Schick E2 Injector razor w/ Schick blade (8)
Semogue 1305 boar bristle brush,
MWF shaving soap w/ warm water lather,
finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

I really like your photos, Nick. The lather is always looking so good :biggrin1:

And you have done it again, Luis.
Phenomenal photo. Simple, but very elegant :ouch1:
You are making it look so easy, but it is not - I have tried, but never get close to the quality in your photos.

Nice :001_smile
And just wait until the brush is broken in - it will put a :biggrin1: on your face

Cool.
And just FYI, pils in Danish is another short word for beer :wink:

Is it Christmas already? I haven't started buying presents yet :lol:

Great colour scheme :thumbup:

Does the brush moonlighting as an on/off switch :biggrin1:
Cool photo.

Very nice looking razor :drool:

* Soren, thanks for the compliment and your picture is very elegant, today, as usual!
i had no idea Pils meant beer in Danish. Hee hee.

Thanks Soren, but no. Not Christmas Time yet. That is a gnome, not an elf or Santa. I don't start shopping for Christmas until December 23rd!

Thanks Soren!

How is the Ralph Lauren Safari soap?

I have two pucks of it I can't wait to use (it smells great).

I'm not too fond of the scent and performance wise despite it being a tallow based soap I rate it as a mid-range soap. Not great, but not bad either.

Saturday

Proshave Scuttle ¤ B&B 2012 LE ¤ 13/16" Belbo
T&H Sandalwood Shaving Cream ¤ T&H Sandalwood Aftershave Balm ¤ T&H Sandalwood Cologne

Have a nice Saturday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

What are the scales on that razor, Soren? They look magnificent!:thumbup:

And the soap today, celestino? Great performer but how are you tolerating that scent?

* David, i am very impressed with Jabonman! Great soap! i am tolerating the scent as it is getting to be a bit much and i am not sure how long
i can continue to use it, but i will carry on like a good little trooper. Hee hee. By the way, do you know the ingredients for the soap?
i hope you are finally getting some sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom