What's new

๐ŸŽƒ ๐Ÿ‚ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŽ ๐Ÿฅง โ€œItโ€™s Fall!โ€ SOTD Theme Week - September 18th, 2023 to September 24th, 2023 ๐Ÿ‚ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŽ ๐Ÿฅง ๐ŸŽƒ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again B&Bers!

This SOTD Weekly Theme is all about the upcoming fall season! Fall officially starts this week in the Northern Hemisphere. The first day of fall is Saturday, September 23, 2023โ€”the same day as the autumn equinoxโ€” and we want to see lots of fall themed pics! Apologies to our Southern Hemisphere B&Bers who are in the beginning of spring, but pull out a fall scented soap or eat/drink something pumpkin spice! ๐Ÿคช

Post your SOTD with some of the falling leaves than many of us will be raking up for the next few weeks or anything else that says fall to you!

Going apple picking or harvesting cranberries? Incorporate it into your picture. Have a great fall shaving soap (I am partial to Southern Witchcrafts Pomona myself ๐ŸŽ), we want to hear about it. Are you starting your fall baking? Perfect! You are addicted to pumpkin spice lattes? My condolences, but that works too! Excited about the NFL season or the upcoming NHL hockey season or MLB baseball playoffs? Works for us!

Nothing fall themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Letโ€™s see lots of great fall images this week!

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but very strongly encouraged.

Letโ€™s see your Fall themed shaving setups!
๐Ÿ‚ ๐Ÿ

1694987448514.jpeg
ย 
Mon 18
Soap Smoking Monsters Zen Tea
Brush Boti 24mm Sunrise
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershave A&E Kaizen Splash
Marvelous shave this morning with the rich creamy slick lather coupled with the buttery smooth edge of the razor. Stropped on the roo leather...enjoyed 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230918_110935.jpg
ย 

Menthol Monday SOTD
20230917_195913 (2).jpg

Razor: Gillette Rhodium Fatboy (S5)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D1)
Brush: Truefitt & Hill Emperor 3 Silvertip Faux Horn
Bowl: ShaveWorks 4.25"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Lime Iced (Koolada)
Butter: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: Avon "Island Limeโ€
โ€‹
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_7392.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Green Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) China: Razor Blade Pink/Blue Flying Eagle.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.
ย 
18 September, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S โ€“ #3
Blade: Polsilver (Lodz)
Brush: Simpsons (Somerset) Duke 3 Best
Soap: Zingari Man/Rogue: Bon Monsieur
Fragrance: Bon Monsieur by Rogue Perfumery
another Zingari Man/Rogue collab, and another absolutely blissful shave.. Divine.
ย 
Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Minora Stainless
Brush: Fine Classic
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayerโ€™s Rose Petal Witch Hazel /Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel
Balm: Anthony All-Purpose Facial Moisturizer
ย 
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Hoffritz
Bowl
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & AOS ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the second shave in a row with my Mergress XL and a Personna Medical Prep blade. Another close, smooth shave. Todayโ€™s brush is a vintage Hoffritz. This is my oldest brush. I bought it in 1993 when the Hoffritz was closing its store in the World Trade Center in NYC. The MdC soap is on its 225th shave. You can see how much soap is left by looking at the picture. A perfect shave. Have a great day and week, folks.
ย 
SOTD

Razot :-Bic single blade disposable
Brush:-Happiness shave brush 28mm knot
Godrej shave round
Alum block post shave

Was intially planning for week shave but due to acne pop up had to wait

The razor is way too smooth and with an additional safety base i had to go 2 pass and touch ups.

I had loaded the soap heavy seeing the smoothness of the de blade and it lasted well for 3 full passes as i could'nt control the urge to not swipe across the plain shaved skin.

Picked up the alum block and zero irritation of the shave only the acne which got zapped.

There is some blockage issues though like in a corner.

I would say a good try for a single blade razor albeit they could have removed the metal safety bar and we could get good sharper shaves as well
ย 

Attachments

• IMG_8460.jpeg
    IMG_8460.jpeg
    969.4 KB ยท Views: 6
  • IMG_8461.jpeg
    IMG_8461.jpeg
    587.8 KB ยท Views: 5
  • IMG_8463.jpeg
    IMG_8463.jpeg
    616.4 KB ยท Views: 5

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, September 18th 2023

Razor : Gem Clog Pruf (Peerless, SB=17 nubs model)- Mfg 1945, mid range. Excellent design to last generations. All brass construction and reasonably smooth shaving. Had a excellent shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Gillette pure cream, nice clean scent with some of the best lather qualities a person needs. Make excellent ubber lather also.
Brush : Yaqi " lucky dice" 26mm tuxedo synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
excellent shave with my Gem Clog Pruf (Peerless model) with a Gem coated blade.
SOTD September 18 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor :
Blade :
Soap :
Brush :
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Last edited:
SOTD SEPTEMBER 18th
SEPTEMBER 2023 GRUME

Hello friends

Normally I shave every 2 or 3 days. Since I shaved yesterday, I hadn't planned on shaving today. But, like Jazz, life is full of improvisations. I decided to start the week off right. B&M Seville, Semogue SOC Finest, Edwin Jagger DE89 and Gillette Nacet (2) gave me an extremely pleasant DFS. I finished with Pinaud Citrus Musk and the wonderful Penhaligonโ€™s Blenheim Bouquet.

With us for this unparalleled start to the week, Gil Evans & Cannonball Adderley.

Rating: 9

Have a nice week and great shaves.
โค๏ธ๐Ÿช’

FB94F227-5277-47D1-A987-BAAAB35A2355.jpeg
IMG_1582.jpeg
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.