What's new

🚂 🚘 🛩 SOTD - “Planes, Trains and Automobiles Week” September 25 - October 1st, 2023 🚊 ✈️ 🚙

Status
Not open for further replies.
FXOF2eH.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Cream:WARS Classic
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Master XCN Chromium (12)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, WARS Aftershave Lotion
Scent: WARS EdC

Razor: Rex Ambassador XL (5,4,3)
Blade: King C Gillette (1, Made in Russia)
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Sea Blue Glass 26mm T1 Manchurian 2 Band Fan
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Ralon Original
Aftershave: Ralon Original, Meštar Bagulina Aftershave Balm

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

Well to begin, when acquiring Ralon Cream and Afterhsave, one of the bottles of Aftershave broke, I had 3 and 3 of each the cream and aftershave so this is what the the bottle looked like after I cleaned it off from the broken bottle.

20231001_182530.jpg

This annoyed me to no end then I stopped getting annoyed because well I couldn't change it but when you see the picture of it with the label, I just printed a picture to make it look the way its suppose, this is Ralon Original that I am using for my shaves, it went thru alot but here it is.

Rex Ambassador, as usual always a great shave.

The King C (made in Russia, not the new China made ones) as always gives me a great shave with any razor, especially with this one, really enjoy that blade.

This was the first time using the Trotter Handcrafts Sea Blue Glass 26mm T1 Manchurian 2 Band Fan. I love the handle on this, I really do, I am so happy with how it turned it and glad that I got it. I really do like how translucent it is in lighting. Now the I cleaned the knot, I did the overnight lathering of the knot as I saw on a thread here and did some hand lathering to break in the knot before using it. It has soft tips, nice backbone, definitely is very comfortable, easy to use and did produce great lather, very happy with it overall.

PAA the Cube, works great as always.

First time using Ralon Original cream, this also perfomed quite well. I always to make alot of lather, good lather ie slick, good thickness, very proctective and comfortable. I did enjoy the smell but if you asked me what it smelled like, uh, don't know to be honest, why I am not able to tell scents like other people are like "this has this top scent with this middle scent then the base note", I don't have that ability, not even close, I just know if I like it or not. Thats about its. The post shave feel was great too, so yes very happy with the performance.

The Ralon Original Aftershave, strong smelling, again what it smelled like you would have to leave to so someone else however I did enjoy it. It not last for too long but I enjoyed it, it gave a great finish to a great shave. The aftershave feel was great and again I really like it so this will be being used, especially after waiting for it for so long.

Meštar Bagulina Aftershave Balm performed as always, really nice. It has a woodsy, pine smell that is quite nice so I always enjoy it.

My 1st pass WTG at 5, 2nd pass WTG/XTG with touch ups at 4, 3rd pass ATG at 3 leaving me a very nice DFS+/BBS with no cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation or I should say very little to the point where I call it zero.

Very happy with all the new stuff, overall shave experience was excellent.

20231001_194906.jpg

SOTD: 10/02/2023

Razor: Yates Merica
Blade: Personna Lab Blue, 3rd use
Brush: Rich Man Shaving “Iron Man” Mojo Maker 2-Band Badger
Preshave: PAA The Cube 2.0
Soap: Murphy and McNeil St. James Slainte
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Bay Rum
Additional Care: Thayer’s Cucumber WH
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne 1 Million EdT
IMG_5998.jpeg

Awful shave today, lather was lackluster but that could be me the worst part was this soap burned my face something fierce. I made it through 2 passes and gave up, rinsed my faced a couple of times and the burning went away, gave it a few minutes and thought what the heck and splashed on the bay rum as planned and no burn at all. I’ll give this soap one more try sometime in the future but if it burns again in the trash it goes. M&M soap’s always work well for me and never have a problem with their scents but this one…..😳 oh well back to Tabac tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom