Sunday Morning:

Hot Shower/Proraso Glycerin Cleansing Bar/Hot Towel
1955 Gillette Flare Tip SS
Swedish Gillette (Shave #1)
Omega Stripey Badger 63171
Tabac SC
P&G Old Spice A/S
Vaseline IRML Lotion

A fantastic weekend shave. Everything came together and worked wonderfully this morning. Very impressive! I had been using the NOS Shulton Old Spice the last few times that I felt like using the Old Spice A/S but I came to the conclusion that it has too much alcohol in it for my baby face. The P&G version is much more gentle.

proxy.php

R

rum

XII.06.2009
Sunday:

Slim Adjustable w/ Astra Superior (2)
Vulfix Grosvenor bristle & badger
Roger & Gallet L'homme SC
Swiss Pitralon AS
[Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange EdC (sample)]

Awesome - the R&G L'Homme scent is superb. Not tried the shave cream. I saw it in a shop, but as I am now exclusively a soap man, I resisted. Trying to find the cologne like mad, but not having much luck. The after shave balm is fantastic and goes really well with the Monsavon soap.

Sunday the 6th of December 2009 noon.

Used the Feather AC RG straight razor. My first straight. Several cuts on WTG. Ouchie. Had to finish up the ATG and the rest of WTG with the 69 Super adj.

Soap: TSD Iced Lemongrass
Splash: SCS Blue Line
Balm: SCS Blue Line

Menthol on the face. 30 degrees outside. Woooooo!!!!!! Need to cool those burning cuts on my neck.

Cologne: Bulgari Aqua Marine

R

rum

Hot towel
GB Kent T4
Speick SS
Le Grelot 6/8 (can't get enough of this razor!!)
Lotion Opaline

First day ever with Speick. Reminds me very much of the Palmolive stick. Same slickness and lather. I can see both sticks lasting me a few years!!

R

rum

Been meaning to post this pic for some time now. Last Sunday's shave was so good, it deserved a mention even a week later!

Hot towel
GB Kent T4
Monsavon
Le Grelot 6/8
Lotion Opaline

Sunday

Made Rite 51 Badger
GFT Rose SS
Schick Injector “E”
Schick (NOS)
RSC DSSB

Experimenting with some road tools today..It was a Personally Acceptable Shave (PAS)....

Enjoy your gear,
Julian

Awesome - the R&G L'Homme scent is superb. Not tried the shave cream. I saw it in a shop, but as I am now exclusively a soap man, I resisted. Trying to find the cologne like mad, but not having much luck. The after shave balm is fantastic and goes really well with the Monsavon soap.

If you have found the cream and the balm you shouldn't have problems in getting the cologne sometime in the future. It's part of their new collection.
Not much of balm fan, so I'm gonna skip that one.

Had a busy few days, so catching up.

Friday: Prairie Creations Tibetan Amber soap, B&BE brush, generic 6/8 str8, Thayers Original with a few drops of Cuba EdC mixed in it.

Saturday: EO Shave Foam, '70 Slim, RPIP, more of the Thayers + Cuba.

Today (Sunday) was a purely provincial shave...

Shogun Onyx Super Badger : JMP 14 Medallon Taurino : Palmolive SC : Mennen Green Tonic ASL

proxy.php

Thanks Vasco :thumbup1: for introducing the Mennen GT Lotion, I pick one bottle few days ago following your post.....and I like it, a good citric scent
And the Spanish guy is doing his best too..... :lol:
You have better weather then we have :laugh:
Eelco

Sunday:

Plisson 12 EW in Plexi
Taylor's Almond cream
EJ Chatsworth with Super Iridium Blade
Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel with alcohol
TSD AS Milk
Knize 10 EdT

proxy.php

Thanks, Ameet. The handle on the 12 Plexi is about perfect. I'm not sure I would like one of the larger Plexi handles. Yes, I purchased this one new.

R

rum

If you have found the cream and the balm you shouldn't have problems in getting the cologne sometime in the future. It's part of their new collection.
Not much of balm fan, so I'm gonna skip that one.

Yeah, all the stores are telling me they were having trouble getting hold of the standard L'Homme cologne specifically. I can find the sports edition without any problems and the other products, but the cologne (Fraische?) is hard for them to get hold of as after R&G were bought out, the L'Homme range was discontinued or something along those lines.

I can't see it mentioned on the R&G website. Perhaps you'll see it in France C_J? :blush:

Good day Sunday

Muhle R89 with Derby blade
Gramps's brush (resto)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shave soap
J&J Purpose lotion
Art of Shaving Sandalwood cologne

Yeah, all the stores are telling me they were having trouble getting hold of the standard L'Homme cologne specifically. I can find the sports edition without any problems and the other products, but the cologne (Fraische?) is hard for them to get hold of as after R&G were bought out, the L'Homme range was discontinued or something along those lines.

I can't see it mentioned on the R&G website. Perhaps you'll see it in France C_J? :blush:

You can see it in the French versionhttp://www.roger-gallet.com/lhomme.phphttp://www.roger-gallet.com/lhomme.php.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom